It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Disclosure Project/Steven Greer a hoax?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Once Greer gives full disclosure himself, which includes all the interviews not just a small fraction then I think most likely he will be a suspect of hoaxing. I'm not saying he is or he is not but if you listen to his show its hard to think he isn't at least borderline crazy.

www.worldpuja.org...

Above is a nice link to his archived radio show that is a very clear example of what I am talking about regarding his sanity.

Do I think he is a hoax? No, I think he may just be buying the story of every single crazy that walks through the door. This is why I question his sanity, because if you believe all the crazy people; doesn't that make you at least somewhat crazy?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Who the # honestly takes UFOWatchDog seriously? Its a #ing smear website aimed at discrediting people through lame insults and shallow research.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I was impressed by the disclosure project and took it seriously -- although Ive never believed Clifford Stone and his Heinz 57 varieties of aliens. ( I think people who pick numbers like that are making it up ) However, Steven Greer always seemed to me to be a serious person and I assumed Clifford Stone had just slipped into the group unoticed.

I think the problem with processing information outside our normal understanding of reality is this: once we accept the truth of information so far outside our understanding of reality, then there is a tendency to think "well, if that piece of information was true then anything could be true". We start to believe too much unless we are careful. And then we are like putty in the hands of scammers who can make a lot of money capitalizing on our naivety.

I recently saw a talk given by Stephen Greer that I found vert disappointing. He's an intelligent person and I think he should be aware of the responsibility he has to others. He was saying that he had levitated. I have several reactions to that. 1. I think he's lost it; 2. I dont know why.
Its disturbing because ive seen the american politicians start to tell stupid lies after being in office a short time and i dont know whether theyve been shot up with something or whether they just lie so much they cant control it. But i dont believe Stephen Greer levitated and it was disappointing. He didn't talk like that before to my knowledge, maybe im wrong.

However, on the issue of the ufo's he says he can "call", im not so sure because, unfortunately i saw one like that myself. If i hadn't seen it I wouldn't know what he was talking about. However, much of his story sounds exaggerated and i think hes lost his grounding a bit. He's going to far. I think that would be easy to do in the area he works in but I kept wishing while listening to him that there was someone in his life who would pull him to earth a bit so he can keep up with the work he is doing.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Two more comments about Stephen Greer. He might be working too hard and not exposing himself to life outside his area of expertise. Its amazing what totally sane people will believe, or how much their judgment can be affected just by those two things.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
He is making some money so what, we all have to make a living somehow, I bet 90 percent of us on ATS would do the same. I for one respect what the man is trying to do! Without him would we see nationally televised UFO press conferences with countless credible witnesses! And for the site www.ufowatchdog.com anybody can create a website though some of the people on it should be there but most is just common sense, well with a bit of research anyhow. Some might not like him or the fact that he is making money lol but he has dedicated his life to finding the truth , what I think we all want well most of us except for those hiding it, ok rant over lol

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I made this video that mentions testimony from The Disclosure Project...

www.youtube.com...

I think it is a good compilation.

And if you are doing your homework properly,
Dr. Steven Greer has been given the Stanley Meyer Water Dune Buggy.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

I think it greatly discredits the disclosure project if he in fact referenced Bob Lazar as a legitimate witness.

It does no such thing.

Do you know where Bob Lazar currently works?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

united nuclear supplies ?

of course feel free to present any evidence that he works somewhere else

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Why would I do that?

I am only asking a question....

If you don't know where he works - don't be afraid to admit it.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Why would I do that?

why indeed - other than to back up your implied claim that his employment is somehow evidence of the validity of his other claims

but i know why you dont - because there is none

I am only asking a question....

bull# - stop being dishonest and evasive - you were clearly attempting to make an iplication

If you don't know where he works - don't be afraid to admit it.

i do know where he works - i also know where it is claimed he works - a claim for which no evidence is ever presented

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

i do know where he works - i also know where it is claimed he works - a claim for which no evidence is ever presented

Where is it claimed that he works?

Please tell - since you 'know'.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

sigh , go troll someone else

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I actually had to go look as I had no idea where he is 'suppose' to have worked at heh.

Didn't they do an episode of UFO hunters that said 'all' employees that worked there (Area 51)had no records of them ever working there? That they got busted hiding that because someone forgot to take a guys name out of the phone records?

So yeah, that would make sense that there is no proof that Bob Lazar worked there, as there is no proof that 'anyone' works there right? Just throwing that out there.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
UFOWATCHDOG is a well known disinfo. site probably handled thru an alphabet agency, as they never have and never will source any of their info. This is how you spot a disinfo. site. Alarmist propaganda with no sourcing. Ignore them at all costs. Even If you are a true skeptic, they should be ignored. Period.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
UFOWATCHDOG is a well known disinfo site ...

It's good to see many people in these excellent ATS forums
clued up on what that website UFOWATCHDOG is about.
Yes, very much a disinformation and UFO witness or UFO testimony ridicule site.

I've been chatting most days with military and UFO debunker types in newsgroups since 2000. And at least they take the time to enter into a bit of dialogue with me.

HVAC has been there longer than me, well over 12 - 14 years.
And he recently said to me...
"I hope you are not going to keep ranting about The Disclosure Project
because they are TRAITORS and LIARS!!!"

And even though I am a strong Disclosure Project supporter,
I sometimes sympathize with some of the UFO Debunkers
in those newsgroups.

1. It's not all lovey dovey pink fairies OUT THERE.
Because if you use the Drake Equation to say there is intelligent life,
you can also use it to say there is not-so-friendly intelligent life.

2. It's a permanent war down here on Earth with the state of the Human race. And a good example is I spent two hours today studying about the drug wars in Mexico. That's just a flipping nightmare! So certain agencies need all the upper hand technology they can get. With a good oversight committee.

3. Because there is possibly several species of not-so-friendly intelligent life.
Some of the UFO debunkers might be angels in disguise.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
What better way is there to discredit those people who have come forward in good faith to describe what they have seen, or think they've see, than to associate them all with the egotistical Greer? Being named alongside him is a credibility shredder. . .

And as for trying to make out that Bob Lazaar is anything but a charlatan merely because of his career status is to simply spout the most extreme nonsense I've heard in a long time.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
What motive would UFOwatchdog have to lie especially when they could easily be sued for it!

Its an opinion site... even Art Bell is on it. If they could be sued, so could everyone saying bad things here at ATS

[edit on 16-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
And as for trying to make out that Bob Lazaar is anything but a charlatan merely because of his career status is to simply spout the most extreme nonsense I've heard in a long time.

How do you figure that? Bob is not exactly in the circuit nor making money from what he told us

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

How do you figure that? Bob is not exactly in the circuit nor making money from what he told us

I'm not arguing that point but what the poster was trying to say is that Lazaar has to be taken seriously merely because he now has a respectable job! They seem to forget that when he ended up in court he gave his profession as an out of work photographer. Are we to take him more serious now that he is working? After all, what does ones employment status have to do with ones honesty and integrity?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I'm not arguing that point but what the poster was trying to say is that Lazaar has to be taken seriously merely because he now has a respectable job!

Please provide us with the quote from the post wherein this statement can be found.

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join