It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would a real psychic please stand up?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
He knows a lot about the brain, but it is basic biology. To bad most of the brains functions still aren't understood by science. Seeing there is no scientific proof it can't do as psychics claim nor is there scientific proof that it can. As usual science still wobbles behind that which people know before hand.

Like aristotle knew about helicopters and "flying machines" before Da vinci ever started wondering about them and way before science actually started to build it. People already knew about the vibratory levels of the body before science even accepted it to be possible that everyone vibrates. But know science knows and accepts it as well due to their discovery of Quarks. Only difference is that people of the occult studies use different words to define what science will figure out decades later or millenia later.

Then there are still self proclaimed "sceptics" who still don't get the picture that they just aren't right and never will be untill science finally cought up.

[edit on 5-5-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Would a real psychic please stand up? is the topic so i`m assuming God and Christians are allowed to be mentioned here,if not i`ll be on my merry way.

A Christian following Christs example can be seen in some of the definition of what makes a psychic from the dictionaries description.Though i dont think of myself or other Christians as psychic`s,as the label psychic usually implies the clairvoyant,tarot card reading, mystic etc etc etc.

psy·chic (skk)
n.
1. A person apparently responsive to psychic forces.
2. See medium.
adj. also psy·chi·cal (-k-kl)
1. Of, relating to, affecting, or influenced by the human mind or psyche; mental: psychic trauma; psychic energy.
a. Capable of extraordinary mental processes, such as extrasensory perception and mental telepathy.
b. Of or relating to such mental processes.

psy·che 1 (sk)
n.
1. The spirit or soul.
2. Psychiatry The mind functioning as the center of thought, emotion, and behavior and consciously or unconsciously adjusting or mediating the body's responses to the social and physical environment.

excluding the medium

Deuteronomy 18:10
Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft,

A Christians walk and fight is against this quote below.Christs example was Love the person and fight/hate the sin removing spiritual sickness,so that we may live eternally.Which is impossible to do without fighting in the spiritual realms within ones self/others or bodies which are against Gods will on earth,as in the Lords prayer.

Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

As a Christian i fall into the category,though i`m not standing up at the moment, its more comfortable sitting and typing,as i`m sure other Christians would agree.

God uses us as messengers when we have Him in our hearts and minds for others so that they too can come to know,its free and for anyone willing to let go of everything or anything that we as humans put in place instead of God in our lives.Then God will make Himself real.

Psychic`s can be defined in other area`s yes,the difference is who ones Lord is.Speaking of myself, not to come across as "Holier than thou" I`m still getting in line with Gods word and every time i personally take a step toward Him i`m made stronger and can fight better those forces described in the above quote.

Proof of the Christian or as this thread generalized the word to psychic can be witnessed either personally or on others,it can be in the form of ones changed attitude,well being or belief.The positive power however comes from God and not anything we could do as our natural self,so its stronger in those who have more God within and that comes about by disregarding anything that is not of God within ones self.Proof can also be seen when someone affects ones self or another in a negative way.Intimidation is a negative force used by some and a negative force we put on ourselves.

We can spot the charlatans that pretend to be for God as a lot people can without being Christian keeping in mind i`m not or will be perfect myself our belief is in He that is.Yet some prey on the gullible for earthy power and money and some prey on those that refuse to believe Gods way and Jesus as the Way and put their beliefs in anything but God.

Apologies if this wasn`t meant to be included in the topic by the author,though i felt it important to add as a message to someone or anyone.
I cant prove it God wont be put to the test,and we are wrong when we do or try things our way instead of Gods way.
If however this has affected someone rest assured the powers of good and evil are at work.It comes done to choice on which we allow to win us over and if you can recogize these things you will also fall into the catagory of a psychic.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
that is insane.

We see things because we need to see them.

I have a hard time understanding "why" I would need to see anything. It serves me no purpose. I can't go around diagnosing people! I ahve no interest in doing so.

Redundant and wasted talent I suppose. I wish I could accurately draw what I see and how it affects me on a personal level.

I fail to see how it is something amazing that has been "destined" for me. I'd rather win the Lotto.

I hope one day I'll wake up and it will be gone.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
No, but the church thing is way accurate.......gave me goosebumps....

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
GPS777 it is in place in this topic. People are to hooked up on certain words while in fact it is actually the excact same thing except viewed from another path in life.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
GPS777 it is in place in this topic. People are to hooked up on certain words while in fact it is actually the excact same thing except viewed from another path in life.

that was confusing, what did i miss?

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
I just really hope, through the course of your studies and profession, that you dont limit yourself to what you absorb in books.

This is going to be my last post in this thread, so I'll be succinct: I really hope that everyone here, through the course of *their* studies, doesn't limit themselves to what they believe in their hearts, read about in new age publications, or hear about here on ATS. We used to live in a time when people just believed what they felt, the forces of nature were mysterious, and science and book-learning were generally forgotten or very poorly known. They were called the Dark Ages.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again: I still have yet to see any proof, folks. The world still has yet to see any proof. That's why this psychic stuff is a subculture. Nothing wrong with subcultures, but if you really think you've got something REAL and not just "believey", then it *will* stand up to the harsh light of science. If someday you're discovered to have these powers, and the proof is there for all to see, it will be a very interesting day indeed. And I'll beat a path to your door to meet you and apologize for having been wrong.

Peace,
Sophismata

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
mrsdudara, what is to become of me?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join