It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would a real psychic please stand up?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hi, I want to conduct an experiment. If there are true psychics, would one please evaluate me from afar (if that is possible) and post what they found about my life and the future of my life. I will tell you how close you are pertaining to my current life, for instance, tell me what my career is. I'm very interested in the knowledgeable people here at ATS.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I've watch people be scammed by "True Psychics" and unless I see some solid proof I will have to remain a non-believer. I recommend you do the same.

I don't think you will have any "True Psychics" come forward and take up your challenge.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I love it. You know I'd love to make the same demands LMAO, however it's really unlikely you'll get a bite on this thread. I have a few psychic friends and I can attest to their irritation of those who demand proof of their abilities. Not because they don't actually possess the abilities to which they claim, however moreso because to answer challenges from every skeptic is really a bore and not at all required.

I advise you to take the whole thing with a grain of salt. If you're a die hard skeptic, then it's really a matter of what YOU choose to be open to. You control how information relates to you.

That would be why most psychics would choose to abstain from your challenge. You present a challenge with no "win".

It's a kin to standing on your front lawn yelling at the sky and demanding the aliens come to you.

Good luck.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hello Nuke Ambition, Quiet, the spirits are about to speak.....

I see that you are alive.

You will soon post a question regarding a 'reading' that seems ambigous.

I am getting vibrations that you are unhappy with certain things in your life.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarLord
I see that you are alive.

I think StarLord has proved a point, albeit obvious.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Nuke,

The spirits's are telling me that you have had some sad times in your life. You have also had so happy times which shine through. hmmm..

Hold on.... Ah, as it should be. The spirits also say that you have had very eventfull times as well as uneventfull times in your life.

You have a family, such as it is, and that's the way it's meant to be for this turn...

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Nuke,

The spirits's are telling me that you have had some sad times in your life. You have also had so happy times which shine through. hmmm..

Hold on.... Ah, as it should be. The spirits also say that you have had very eventfull times as well as uneventfull times in your life.

You have a family, such as it is, and that's the way it's meant to be for this turn...

LOL man you crack me up

Dontcha just love cold reading. People hear what they want to hear. Saw a TV program where 4 people had the same reading from a psychic (rehearsed statements) and all 4 were CERTAIN she was psychic.

Mere psychology at work. Nothing to see here, move on folks. Hehe!

- Nazgarn

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
My wife is psychic....I told her about this thread and she said she would need a first and middle name at least to do anything...
U can U2U me if you'd like...
I know this post will get laughed off the board, but her and her mom are pyschic

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I love stuff like this but I am not psychic, NOT pyschic but I love guessing games so I will bite if I get anything right it will be a total accident.

You are around the age of 24. You are male and have a job you hate. You have brown hair and green eyes and you are approx. 5'11". You have a common name which annoys you, too many people named their kids that and you wish your parents cold have been a bit more creative but you really can't blame them too much since it is a family name, you were name after someone.

You wear glasses you constantly have the battle of whether to get contact lens, but like the feeling of hiding behind your glasses and have worn them a long time and feel naked without them.

You don't have anyone in your life right now but you are very attractive and play the field, but you are interested in a certain someone who at times keeps sending you mixed signals and you are getting annoyed over this.

You are planning a trip soon due to the upcoming marriage of a friend and you are part of the wedding party. You want to go but yet you have nagging concerns, it is not money more about seeing old friends, you always feel like they are judging you and you don't like this feeling at all.

OK thats it, thats my guess, did I get even close?

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Wow Goose you almost described me! 24, dirty blonde, could do with a better job haha!!

- Naz

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
In my mindset scepticism in healthy way to discover fact from fiction.
I have never encountered anyone yet who has demonstrated genuine psychic abilities nor proven that they have the gift of cognition, however if I rewind back 15 years a colleague I worked with could tell a diffferent story.
Geoff was a level headed, well educated 30 something who was a regular guy with no illusions about anything; what we saw is what we got.
He lost his beloved in a car collision 18 months previously and met a fine lady who I was privilaged to meet all to briefly once when she dropped him off for work.
Over a period of 6-12 months we witnessed a gradual change in him from his usual confident and witty demeanour to a gradual decline in his self confidence and ultimately he became introverted.
I needed to know why this was and the opportunity presented itself. This is what he told me. Susan, his partner, over the period of the relationship, demonstrated ability of psychic powers and he knew he was being watched psychically.She could accuratly tell him of many facts throughout his daily routines and he confessed that he sensed when he was being scanned. Random gifts were never a surprise. She, in his own words, made him feel uncomfotable.The relationship became strained and eventually Susan moved on but he still felt that he was under surveillance.
The question here is was this lady demonstrating genuine cognitive abilities or was this remote viewing or a combination of both?

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Nuke,

The spirits tell me that you have eaten recently and, will do so again before the sun goes down. Towards the later part of this day, you will lose the ability to stay focused and will fall asleep whereupon you will dream. Hmmm.. You are not to happy with your present dreams are you?

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Listen, if someone was really psychic, wouldn't they predict the lottery numbers or something.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lardo5150
Listen, if someone was really psychic, wouldn't they predict the lottery numbers or something.

That's the last thing i'd do. I'd keep the numbers to myself.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The spirits say that Sanctum is one smart human and will go far.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lardo5150

*sigh*

There's always someone who makes a mention about predicting lottery numbers.

Not everything can be predicted, only those things that have already been set in motion. If you had enough people concentrating on a specific outcome of numbers, I believe that would work. Problem is, you have millions of people hoping for certain numbers. The outcome is constantly changing. I really doubt a psychic could predict the winning numbers any closer to within 1 minute that the lottery actually starts pumping the numbers out, at which point it would be too late anyway.

Predicting a volcano erupting on the other hand is much easier. Such an event is set in motion long before it ever happens. Even animals know when earthquakes are about to happen. Whether it's due to vibrations they feel or a geunine intuition we really don't know yet, though I think it's a little of both.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by justgeneric
I have a few psychic friends and I can attest to their irritation of those who demand proof of their abilities. Not because they don't actually possess the abilities to which they claim, however moreso because to answer challenges from every skeptic is really a bore and not at all required.

You are correct.. but it is more than just the fact that it is boring.. It is also a factor of the reality of what and how various psychic abilities work.
People don't seem to get many things
1. Not all psychic abilities are created equal.
There are different types and varying levels of strength.
2. Not all abilities manifest the way miss cleo fakes it on TV.
You see in the real world.. you don't always get to choose what you "KNOW" and what you don't know all the time.. sometimes you can deliberately pull information from a target, but most of the time.. you have to know the person or at least have physical contact range to do it. and more often then not ... alot of people cannot control what they experience.. it just happens sometimes.
The truth is.. the abilities are very real for some people.. but people have been mislead as to how they manifest by movies and tv.. which makes sceptics even more skeptical because of misconceptions based on the media.

Finally.. we don't really care if you believe or not. We know what happens.. we understand our abilities as best that anyone can.. and we have no need or desire to prove it to anyone. Its not a trophy that we shine up and display for the worlds approval.. it is a part of who we are. The only time most of us care if someone believes is when there is a need to help someone and its urgent that action is taken.
Other than that.. hey.. its not our problem to open your mind to what is real and what isn't.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
O I wanna try

You are a middle aged man. (on the younger side of middle aged, but you feel older than you realy are, even though you stated in another thread your 21) You have no contact with you dad....did he pass away? Your family consists of a mom, and a sister? who is close to or early in her teens. I do not see communication with a wife. Meaning I dont think you are married. You help to take care of your mom. You are not all that happy with your life. You are searching for more. You will find it after you loose that job you tried so hard to get. You make pretty good money, and hate it when you have to wear your suite, so you are quick to jump into grubbys when you get home. Your job takes up way too much time. It tries to demand your attention 100% of the time. Which leaves those around you frustrated. You arent too pleased with it either, but time is money, and you need more. You would be better off looking for another job though, as yours will no longer exist shortly. That is not bad news though, your stomach would just love it if you found a less stressful job. You will find romance within a 6mnths to a year after you loose your job. Looks promising. Dont screw it up. Stop being paranoid.

Howd I do?

[edit on 2-5-2006 by mrsdudara]

[edit on 2-5-2006 by mrsdudara]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I would love to meet a real psychic,all I ask is for 2 winning lotto number sequences,nothing more

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Nuke,

hats up im a believer now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join