It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give me a thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Have you ever thought life was not worth living, you have no friends.

I will always be here for you, i promise that.... and i will always be there for whatever. I may not be able to solve your problems but you will have a friend to call on.

O mote it be.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I struggle with thoughts that life is not worth living.
I've come so close to the end so many times, but I always consider my mother and other members of my family. I think about the sorrow I would leave behind, and then I go on.

I have good days and bad, and they seem to even out in the long run..............

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
thank you. i have been there as well and i have had my sad days and my good days. Fortunately the good days out number the sad.

But now we are friends and hopefully we can share our sad days together, to make them worth living because i need you as you maybe need me. And i hope to have made a loyal but true friend as i hope to be a loyal true friend to you.

O mote it be.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
On a bad day the crushing weight of the depression can make it look like there is no end to the darkness of the tunnel. This can last for weeks.............

Being that I cycle between the highs and lows I find the manic side of my illness to be quite pleasurable. I get very creative and build things that I couldn't even think about when I'm crashed. The highs make up for the lows in many ways, and I always recognize the state of my brain now, even when I'm depressed.

My mind is a work in progress.......... :bnghd:

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I've never been to the point of being suicidal...

But I was "depressed" for a stretch, during high school, at least that's what a doctor told me. Whenever I was in my rut, just thinking to myself that tomorrow could be a good day. You never know until you get there and see.

A side note... my "doctor" prescribed a generic Prozac for me... I took maybe a few days worth of pills and never touched them again. I fought and defeated my "depression" without my medication and I think the #1 way was through positive thinking.

I know some people are seriously depressed and have problems associated with that. I'm not questioning anyone here or even saying that medication isn't needed. But I think a lot of cases are misdiagnosed and my own experience shows me that people are SEVERELY overmedicated in this country. It amaazes me. I don't think I was really depressed. I think I had some emotional issues to work out and that was it. I think in many cases, like mine, a "chemical imblanace" is not at all the case. And a pen-happy doctor did the easiest thing and wrote me a piece of paper saying I could take a drug that may or may not do anything.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I could, but why be concise? Here's a couple, give or take -

Forgive your enemies. it messes up their heads.

The best sermons are lived, not preached.

Most of the stuff people worry about isn't ever going to happen, anyway.

Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

If you get to thinking you're a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around. Or a teenage daughter.

Never get too up when things are great, or too down when they're bad, Because if anything's inevitable, it's change.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

It mote be and it mote not. But I'm no moter head, so I wouldn't know.

top topics

join