It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am here to enlighten you

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Just another drunk Yarcofin? That would imply that we've already got a few...

Oh.

*hides bottle behind my back and glares suspiciously at Springer*

Welcome aboard Horrible. Just talk to the bosses and get yourself rescheduled. I don't take well to pontification during my weekends but I consider it a fact of life Monday-Thursday (thanks to my professors no doubt).

And lay off that Jesus juice or whatever you said it was.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Don't you all see? HorribleHenry IS the supreme being. Everyone here is hanging by every word he has said. Everyone here has either looked up mote or read the entry of someone who has. Henry IS the supreme being!

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
So basically you're just another crazy rambling drunk....

[/end yarcofin's attention to this thread]

lol lol lol
Now this is what makes ATS what it is! Well, no one should blame you Yarcofin for that line, especially after reading Henry's last quote!
Anyhow you fed me medicine to the soul! Encore please...... lol lol lol

By the Way Hi Henry, Yes we are all one, that part most will agree to! Nice to meet you!
Angel

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Only because of my inquisitive nature, did i feel compelled to post what will become my first reply, and to get things underway i will start by stating a rhetorical question that is. Are not we all capable of 'enlightenment'? and in that sense of the word, meaning to inform someone else of something that they are not necessarily aware of. I believe in that case that, yes, we are. there is obviously things that I know more about as an individual about particular subjects than others, and Visa Versa'. a personal question to henry is what he believes constitutes enlightening, coming from a position where he posted "I am here to enlighten you" as well as why he believes himself to be a supreme being, and what has forged the pathway for him reaching the understanding of that conclusion.

On a more self opinionated matter I believe Enlightenment to be a journey of self discovery and not something that can be passed on to others, but that said i see enlightenment as a spiritual endevour not informational. mind you, you do uncover information that is handy to you in particular moments throughout life.

Basically i was wondering if henry and his Supreme Nature has come about from spiritual influences or materialistic

it could all just be a play on words
Namaste

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Yes I think anybody can be enlightened, but a lot of people have a lot of work to do. There are truely some dumb people out there. I can give you some examples if you would like. These people don't know what enlightened means and choose not to know. They feel more comfortable living in a weird pseudo-blissful/pseudo-panic state of going about their life as if they can't control it at all. I have found people love to complain about every aspect of their lives, but none consider whether it is their fault or whether they can fix it. A lot of people just love the game, although they'll usually tell you otherwise. True enlightenment comes from observing yourself and self-discovery like GoldenBuddha said.

But anyway the thing is when someone starts invoking the name of God and throwing around crazy mystical words, I don't want to be simply 'enlightened' on how to drink 30% more alcohol before passing out
. Sorry to say, but I would put this thread in the "attention-grabbing hoax" section.

And while I don't think enlightenment is something that you can just wrap up in a box and give to someone, or post in a forum and have everyone instantly get it, I do think it is possible to teach such things. You can't force it on someone, but you can guide them in the right direction. Give them the basic tools and readings to expand their mind, and allow them to find their own basic truths and figure out their part in the world.

I don't blame you if all you want to use your life for is working, drinking and having sex, though. It's just a bit disheartening.

[edit on 3-5-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I have met the supreme being sir and you Write nothing like him.
He often calls himself sam.. and he likes to make you believe that he does not like green eggs and ham.. but I implored him to try them and that Sam I am.. he really did like green eggs and ham..
So you see.. you will have to find another person to be because the supreme being is already taken and he is a cat in a hat.
How do you like that?

errr

welcome to ATS Hagar the Horrible.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I don't want to be simply 'enlightened' on how to drink 30% more alcohol before passing out

Enlightenment comes at you even if you request that it doesn't.......

Eat a Tums(or a Rolaids) after every glass and you can drink 60% more alcohol before passing out.

Sorry, couldn't resist....

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Before HH blesses us all with enlightenment there are a few questions you might want to ask yourself, just something to think about before the big moment.

Five Questions to ask yourself BEFORE you become enlightened:

1. Will I glow in the dark if enlightened?

Hehe...Sounds like a silly question doesn't it. Still, If you will look a little closer you will realize that it isn't. In a world full of hatred, violence and prejudice an enlightened soul will glow as surely as a firefly in the dark of a moonless night. As if a beacon to other truth seekers. Glowing in the dark of this world is a part of being enlightened.

2. When Enlightened, Will I be a torch for other seekers or a bug lamp for the disillusioned?

There is a fine line between being enlightened and merely opinionated. An enlightened soul can see that line. An opinionated one cannot. Can you.

3. Will being enlightened run up my electric bill?

Probably. Problems usually don't follow a time schedule and many times people will come to you for help. Even in the middle of the night. Just remember many enlightened ones have paid a far more dear price for sharing the truths of this life.

4. Are you willing to turn down your brightness so dim bulbs may shine?

Everyone has their own journey to follow and may not be seeking your guidance. Knowing when to let another speak and not correcting them is a true sign of enlightenment. So in the end they understand you loved them enough to let them grow as they needed to and not as you expected.

5 How will I know when I am enlightened?

Having yet to achieve enlightenment I seriously considered leaving this one out. It just wouldn't go away. All I can add is that when your soul is at peace with your creator, and your heart is a peace with the life you are living. All the enlightenment in the world will be nothing more than icing on the cake.

Love and light my friends,

wupy

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
By the Three Moons of Pluto! Here is my big chance!

Can you give us your opinion on The Master Game by Robert S. De Ropp and a brief explanation on just how you achieved Master Game status? I ask because of an apparent contradiction. On page 167 your posts fall under catch #3 "False-Messiah Syndrome-Delusion that I personally am a teacher or savior" Can you reconcile?

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
At first I thought you might have been the anti-Crist but the after this talk about supreme juice started to make me think that you might be some drunken mental guy. If what you're saying is true andf your not the Anti-Crist how does one go to the real world?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Wisdom, is the word, I think should be used rather than enlightenment.

I think the originator of the thread who so every it may be may have started a thread with an impression of him being the supreme being. Good start for a debate and a very nice tactic to grab attention. Truely he is englightened in the art of words and willingful tactics. It is quite interesting to note the amount of attraction it has managed to gain and so convienently were words slipped in a post about the friday and sundays being the days where he'll/she will post. Putting in a background of a family invoked an image of a responsible person.

Goldenbuddha and Yarcofin I think took a positive step on the thread and tried to open doors for a discussion. There is nothing much to disagree to the points which those two have brought up. I believe wisdom to be the key to enlightenment. Without which the existence of enlightenment is non achievable. It is not possible to gain the fruits of ones success without toiling for it. Knowledge without understanding is a worthless quality. In practicality, for a trained mind who understands and learns from ones mistake and endures to ensure not to repeat it is an englightened being. He gained the precious gift of experience which once analysed was converted to wisdom which lead him to englightment. This is a more generalised equation to the word englightment due to its application.

I am not sure what the originator of the thread is implying to, with respect to enlightment as the term can be quite frankly a very diverse field. It could be enlightment in the field of science, literature, education, politics and even religion. From the points that I did manage to pick up, it sounded more on religion. I do however questions the motives. The questions put forth havnt been answered and I think it is more of a attention grabbing agenda. Havox would be to cruel a word but as Yarcofin expressed, it is good to explain rather than hold back use fancy words as an expression.

I'll presume that you are a new member from reading other member's posts and wish you good luck on this site. Hope you enjoy your stay answer some questions put forth by the members.

Rgds

Knowledge23

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
First off, a warm welcome to you HH and I hope that you will find ATS to be everything you may want in a forum, its a great place,lots of good people.
That being said, my ouestion is this, after 5 pages of intros, has anyone here found themselves enlightened yet? Come on now HH how long must we wait before we are enlghtened?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Right...firstly...Welcome Henry.....nice to have you onboard.....

secondly.....is it me or is this thread complete dribble?......i mean no offence but....shall i start one enlightening you all?....the difference being that i shall actually say something enlightening...as apposed to saying nothing but talking in some 'olde worlde' style toungue.

for example:-

"Manchester United be thee greatest team to ever grace the football pitches of europe, thy all knows it to be true and Sir Alex Ferguson be a Supreme Being!"

Are you oni and asala's dad?

can you be a bit more 'enlightening'?

Thanks,

and again..welcome.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I want some of that drug.

Must be the influence of that there BC bud.
I smoked some once and for a few moments I felt like HH.

Some BC bud and a bottle of Yukon Jack can turn any man into an HH.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HorribleHenry
So say I. For we are one.

Welcome David Icke. Glad you could join us!

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Welcome Aboard ATS.

Thank you also for your offer of enlightenment...

...I've required enlightenment ever since the bulbs blew in my lounge the other night...currently I'm being provided a small level of enlightenment via an old torch found in the utility cupboard...and I suspect thats soon to run out of batteries...

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
"O mote it be"...what is it about these 4 words that causes one to become curious? Ever since this intro first came out I have not been able to shake those words. HH, welcome on board, thanks for a unique introduction. I guess we will see where you take us this Friday.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HorribleHenry
But i think i have a superior view.

Superior view?.... You live in this world, you are not "superior" to anyone, even your daughters, nor is your "opinion" superior either...

The wisest people will tell you that they know one thing for certain, and that is that they don't know much. So when you come around claiming "your opinion is superior and you are here to enlighten everyone" it shows what sort of enlightenment you have....none...

i don't even understand how this thread came to be one of the most famous in ATS....it does say something though....no disrespect, but there seems to be more naive people around ATS than I though.

[edit on 12-5-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
HH I know this is basically a welcome thread and for sure you have gotten a decent welcome. Im just curious though, today is the 12th of May, well almost the 13th, you last posted on the 2nd of May, so where are you my friend? Are you still with us or out there somewhere enlightening people? As I see everyone seems to still be welcoming you, so just curious where you are?

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm new. Should there be a revolution in america? Just wondering

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join