It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Colbert at the White House Correspondent’s dinner

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Where is this liberal media i keep hearing about? The NY Times didn't even mention Stephen's name at all. I applaud him for having the balls to do what he did, even the Republicans on this forum have to say he had guts even if they disagree with what he said. Everyone in the media has been bought and paid for so it is nice to see someone still has some courage.

If Bush was a democrat and Stephen a neo-con, Fox News and all the other stations would be going crazy about how wonderful he was and it is about time someone stood up to this administration. I think the people's reactions were priceless, they almost make living in a dictatorship a little easier.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It doesn't seem Mr. President was too happy at all. Of course I wouldn't be either in his shoes...

Thanks Loam.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I dunno. I think he took it pretty well. He chuckled a few times, and looked only slightly uncomfortable for most of the rest. Although there was one part when the Plaime incident questions came up that he dove for a drink of his water to cover his obvious discomfiture, and he looked rather perturbed at the part about the Iraq war.

[edit on 2006-5-5 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
and he looked rather perturbed at the part about the Iraq war.

Yeah, his bottom jaw jutted out at the mention of Iraq.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Yeah, his bottom jaw jutted out at the mention of Iraq.

Quite a contrast to the other part of him that was "jutting out" at the mere thought of war back in 2002.

HEYOOOOOO~~! Count it.

[edit on 2006-5-5 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Colbert has an enormous set of balls and Bush did not get 0.0000001 % of what he deserves. Still, Stephen worked him over pretty brutal. Looked him in the eyes and told him the bitter truth. I thought Colbert looked a tad nervous, like he was frightened he'd be shot or something. Incredible set of balls. A true patriot.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

C-Span Asks Web Sites to Pull Colbert Clip

Political comedy often is intended to stir controversy, but this doesn't usually involve broadcasting rights and the public affairs network C-SPAN.

The cable network asked two Internet video providers, YouTube and IFILM, to pull clips of Stephen Colbert's April 29 performance at the White House Correspondents Association dinner from their Web sites.

C-SPAN said it contacted the companies because the copyrighted material was posted online without its permission.

More...

I'd be curious to learn how often they have done that in the past... If this is the first... Well, I think you know where I'm headed...

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I dont know what is with all this hate for stephen colbert. he is my hero
he is truly a hilarious man

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Stephen Colbert's speech was groundbreaking because he really stood up to the president when he had the opportunity to do so. I mean, when someone has a problem with me they let me hear it, i dont know why the president should have it any differently. Who cares if it was crass, boatphone, if thousands of innocent people are dying george bush can stand a swift kick in the nuts because these issues are beyond him now, people are dead!

Colbert is trying to bring humor to a devastating situation in politics and by being witty people will listen to him.. He is one of the best public speakers and writers our there..

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Majic's Political Easter Egg: Be the first to post how many children were born to Stephen Colbert's parents in this thread and send Majic a U2U with a link to your post, and you will be awarded 500 PTS points.

11. Hey this is fun
!

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Majic's Political Easter Eggs

Originally posted by Durden
11. Hey this is fun
!

Correct! It IS fun! And yes, eleven kids.

Another 500 PTS Points for you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join