It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Attacks Iraq Kurdish Region

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Iran has been accused of shelling Kurdish PKK rebels inside Iraq. Meanwhile, Turkey has positioned 30,000 troops along the Iraq border in opposition to Kurdish insurgents.

news.bbc.co.uk
Iraq has accused Iranian forces of entering Iraqi territory and shelling Kurdish rebel positions in the north.

Iranian troops bombed border areas near the town of Hajj Umran before crossing into Iraq, the defence ministry in Baghdad said on Sunday.

The Iraqi defence ministry also says Iran launched a similar attack on Kurdish rebel positions in the same area on 21 April.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Is it another Tonkin Gulf incident or did Iran really cross the border?

This could mark the start of the US-backed war against Iran.

Related News Links:
www.mezunusa.com
www.gulf-times.com

[edit on 1-5-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I highly doubt that this is another "Tonkin Gulf" incident. For one, most of the US population won't be that upset or pushed towards agreeing that war against Iran is a good decision. I think that if this another "Tonkin Gulf" however, there will be many more of these incidents and will most likely have to be against US military.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semiazas
I highly doubt that this is another "Tonkin Gulf" incident. For one, most of the US population won't be that upset or pushed towards agreeing that war against Iran is a good decision. I think that if this another "Tonkin Gulf" however, there will be many more of these incidents and will most likely have to be against US military.

I wouldn't be so sure. If Iran lobbed one shell into northern Iraq while the U.S. military is occupying this territory, then that could be bent into an act of war. I actually have less doubts about Iran actually being dumb enough to do this as they hate Kurds about as much as any other Arab does. The Syrian build up is also foolish on the part of the Syrians...especially with us sitting right there. Both are asking for an old-fasioned butt whoopin' if these acts are true.

Keep your eye on this one!

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Turkey deploying an additional 30,000 troops to the 200,000+ in the region, would be be cause for major concern. Something big is brewing in the mountains of of Iraq.

Update 1: Iran Shells Rebel Border Area in Iraq -Forbes
The Turkish deployment boosted an already large garrison in the region that by some estimates tops 250,000 soldiers.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Kurdistan Workers Party PKK -Wiki

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Thanks for the story Regenmacher.

I think this will escalateone way or another.

The Iranian regime seems bent on bringing chaos to the world so their 12th imam can come back.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Did anything ever come of this movement? It just disappeared??

[edit on 6-11-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The american congress discussed the fact that Iran was responsible of killing the kurdes in Halabja by the chemical ...but these realities are always kept hidden for certain reasons only the masons know about it !!!

new topics

top topics

join