It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little news from my neck of the woods.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 06:28 AM
link   
This was a farily big story in my area, but probably wasn't covered nationally. It came in response to a story about a policeman killing a black child. Check it out, and let me know what you think.

Black Panthers Redux?

My take on it is this: I'm of the opinion that things need to be done in order to improve some of the crime in the less rich areas of denver, specifically South Denver, and Commerce city. there are just too many things that can go wrong in those areas when something like this happens.

[Edited on 17-10-2003 by Loki]

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Sounds like the black folk are getting pissed about police brutality and are going to do something about it,sounds like they are beginning to stand up for themselves.
Sounds good!.
The lie that the police can protect you is exactly that,it doesn't matter what color your skin is,they can't and most times won't.
If you are not one of the rich elite in your town,you have no protection.
Reality #ing sucks.
In denver do they have strict gun laws?,obviously so,or the cops would have to be nicer to avoid getting offed by an angry witness.
I find myself thinking frequently about what I would do if I witnessed a cop who was obviously being more brutal than required,I am thinking about going and getting some pepper spray to show the #ers how it feels to be blind and helpless and alone.
In my particular area they know there are a lot of guns present,but they also know that most of the locals are brainwashed.
Cops chose to do what they do,for the same reason lots of people are in the military now,choices were made so they cannot be heroes,the fact that they choose to do the type of work they do makes them fools.
The original intent of law enforcement has gone out the window,most of the # they enforce is a blatant money grab kind of thing.
It needs to end.
I've been brutalised by them enough in my life,that is where I began to wake up to find my rights nearly gone.
If you think the cops serve a purpose other than gathering cash for the government,you are naive,and the cash they gather through fines and tickets doesn't even get considered as part of the regular budget,the judges and attorneys split it up for themselves.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 07:10 AM
link   
That thing about the pepper spray...Cops have to go be sprayed with that # twice a year, so that they know how it feels to get maced. I've seen them. Vomiting, and all that. It's pretty nasty, that pepper spray. Peace.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   

[Edited on 17-10-2003 by Freeman]

top topics

join