It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS big research:what's your most foolish idea when you were child?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Here i go first.

When i was 5 or 6 years old.I saw TV show.When i watch some murder scene.I thought:"what a pity these actors,in order to play in the show,they lose their life".And i also thought:"there actors must some prisoner,they sentence to death.and before the execution,they send them to play in the show".

here is another foolish idea that i used have.

My dad lied to me.He told me when i was born,my ass was livelong.but the doctor drop me onto the ground.So my ass split.(translation:so there is left ass and right ass)How sad i believe to him.damn it.

[edit on 1-5-2006 by zhangxi0183]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   
i made a helicopter style back pack out of an old rucksack, a wooden box and a strimmer engine my dad gave me to play with...after bolting some thin planks of wood to the drive shaft, (in the style of a helicopter, about 4 inches above my head), i got my brother to pull start it...once id built up some rpm, i fell over..nearly killing my brother and myself with bits of flying wooden blades, if it had been a serious little engine it probably would have killed us...(i never even thought of incorporating a kill switch).....however it only had the power to get them going to about 50 rpm...the unbalanced vibrations were horrific...i can still hear the 'whoosh......whoosh......whooosh.......' of the blades....still pretty dangerous though.

My dad nearly executed me when he found out what id tried to build, but i think he admired the ingeneuitty (spelling?) deep down.

Aviations always been in my blood....unfortunatley so has blatant stupidity.

[edit on 1-5-2006 by optimus fett]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
here i got more funny post from other forum.

"when i was a little child,i saw little lamb borm from the back.so i believe child also born from asshole.when mom told me i was adopted.i don't believe her."

"when i was a little child,i believe people always get 100 years old,then they die.So when my little buddy told me his grandma was dying,i asked him "is she 99 years old?"

"when i was a little child,i believe my mon was alien.she was trying to kidnap me."

"when i was a little child,i believe only man have armpit hair.So when i saw my aunt have armpit hair,i asked,is aunt male?.............."

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I thought I could tie a blanket around me like a cape and jump off the roof and fly just like Superman. Thank goodness my mother came out to the yard and stopped me.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Thinking you could let the tire of a passing car roll over the tip of your foot and nothing would happen because tires were full of air and they looked soft and bouncy.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I once propped a mirror up against the couch and walked up and down on it untill it broke and sliced my foot.:shk:

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
well I am not sure if this is the kind of thing you want..but when I was little I was adamant that my parents were wrong...like the timing got stuffed up and I got them instead of who I was supposed to get. Anyway, I remember chucking tantrums at the age of 4ish crying and saying, your not supposed to be my parents!

lol
really mean..but I honestly believed they were wrong...dont know where it came from but my Mum reminds me, its a bit of a running joke in the family lmao

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
When I was little, I thought the hospital was ONLY for "birthing babies" - So when My 80 year old Great-Grandmother went to the hospital one time, I thought she was going there to have a baby.

I thought a 'soul' was something in your chest that looked like a small, glowing, gold anvil - no idea why, just did.

I also thought that when a show's announcer said "this show is brought to you by . . ." - I thought "brought to you" was one big word, "broughtude" I had no idea what it meant and I thought every announcer on every network was saying it.

I also thought that when there was a technical problem with a TV station and they displayed the "please stand by" screen, that it meant someone had to "stand by" the TV for it to start working again (keep in mind, this was when you still had to get up and walk over to the TV to change the channel . . . WITH A DIAL!!!!!!!
)

My Dad also enjoyed tricking/picking at me by telling me little lies when I was a kid. I remember one time he told me that Gravity was what "held things up" - So one day the teacher asked "does anyone know what Gravity is?" and I proudly raised my hand and said "it's what keeps things up" - when she told me I was wrong, I got mad at her becuase she was basically calling my Dad a liar! I was furious! - when I found out that she was right and Dad had told me a story, that's when I stopped trusting him - either then, or when he threw me in the lake to "teach" me how to swim.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by zhangxi0183
When i was 5 or 6 years old.I saw TV show.When i watch some murder scene.I thought:"what a pity these actors,in order to play in the show,they lose their life".And i also thought:"there actors must some prisoner,they sentence to death.and before the execution,they send them to play in the show".

In a similar vein, I can remember watching commercials and thinking that the actors were "live" each time, and I wondered how they could say what they said perfectly each time without making a mistake.

Also, with my youngest son, we told him early on that he came from KMart in an egg that we only had to buy, bring home and bake in the oven to "make him." We told him there were many different types of eggs there, "Mikey eggs", "Tommy eggs" and such.

He asked one time about what we would do if he got hurt and died and we told him that we would go back to KMart and buy another egg with his name on it and hatch him out. He didn't know the truth until he was about 4 years old and his aunt got pregnant and then he found out that "babies come from mommy's tummy."

Optimus Fett-

That was a HILARIOUS story!

JDub

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
When I was little my Dad told me a little about natural selection. Later when I learned that some people are born with webbed toes, I concocted an experiment to raise web-toed children in water tanks for their entire lives and breed the "fishiest" ones together to see if I could create a race of gilled, flippered fish-people.

Thankfully I grew up a little and realized that this would be incredibly inhumane. And if you come round my house and you hear splashing noises from the basement, well...them's just the racoons.

[edit on 2006-5-5 by wecomeinpeace]

top topics

join