It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO footage from Secret KGB UFO Files

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
d1k

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
Here's some great reviews of this documentary.
Looks like the whole things BS or manipulated/staged IMO.
Click

Those comments just seem to be people pissed off because they bought two dvd's with only 45 min of actuall ufo footage. Nothing there proves that the video itself is a hoax.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
We have some ideas in common, see I don't have to believe something 100% to see merit in it but to a skeptic if something is not 100% or not pure or not Christ like then it is no good at all. This all or nothing mentality I find astonishing really. But it does come from some place though... satan sucks in people by telling them that they are damned because they are not perfect 100% pure and as such they are best to join up with him...

The point I'm trying to make I guess awkwardly here is that... perfection is not as important in the view of something as the relevancy of what you view. Hoping that makes sense?

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Hey guys ... kinda new here kinda ... been reading the site for about 2-3 years now but never felt the need to post ... PLEASE forgive any error of ettiquette (or spelling) that I might make this is my first post ... although I highly agree and disagree with a lot of the theories posted here on various subjects ... this video clip just seems a little too perfect ... or fake ... I'll be the first one to WANT to believe what I'm seeing but this seems like bad special effects from a bad 80s flick ... sure the pilot's head MIGHT seem to move (maybe ... maybe not) and sure this is a great vid ... except for the fact that it looks recreated/reenacted/or quite simply made up for the purposes of the documentary ... which I admit not having seen but have read many reviews from people who have ... general consensus being that this is some of the cheesiest "UFO footage" ever

Sorry ... forgot to mention how much that plane looks like a model on a stick just outta view ... that alone seems a lil' hokey

[edit on 1-5-2006 by HardyBoyJon]

[edit on 2-5-2006 by HardyBoyJon]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Denythestatusquo, I think I know what you're trying to say and i agree with most of it. but in a case like this where we're trying to decide wether this is a fake or not there is no middle area. If one part of the puzzle doesnt fit then more likly than not we're looking at a hoax. People have already questioned the media from which this came so i think it's fair to say the case isn't looking to good for this footage.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
What I find perplexing is the fact that if a completely authentic video of a UFO were to be viewed by a group of people, no matter how good the video looked there are always gonna be doubters that just will not believe.

For some, the video would be to clear and perfect so it can't be real. For others, it would appear CGI.

What I'm getting at here is that we have seen so much footage of UFOs, that we are getting preconditioned to expect a lousy, grainy video that looks like crap. When we finally see something clear, it must be fake.

Lets say for the sake of argument that the video in this thread is indeed authentic. Beyond a shadow of a doubt it is a flying disk that drops into the clouds. With that said, look how many people in this thread refuse to believe it. I think maybe the UFO community has reached a point that video evidence or photographic evidence is always going to fall short.

That more or less leaves us with one other option. A sighting by multitudes of people at the same time and even then skeptics would claim holographic image.

So we are actually at a standstill. Until CNN films one landing at the base of Devil's Tower and shows Bush greeting aliens, all other evidence just actually generates debate. Think of all the UFO footage you have seen in your life. Some of it was probably real, some hoaxed, but you will never know what is what.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
This has to be one of the most amazing pieces of UFO footage i have ever seen.

www.megaupload.com...

I never seen venus or swap gas move that fast

[edit on 1-5-2006 by helium3]

They site dont work on my pc.. do you have another link of the video?

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well I for one think it's one of the better vids I've seen. The shadow on the cloud... the pilot turning to watch it. Unless it was a jet he was watching replaced by a CGI ufo, I'd say it's real.

Jeddyhi's right though. No matter how good or bad the vids/pics are now, people won't believe em. Decades of disinfo have conditioned us to be this way. Also, with the advent of CGI, it's possible to fake anything now. A pity really. We can't move forward with the truth about UFOs. Disclosure really is in the government's hands. If it's not in their best interest, they'll continue to keep the veil over our eyes.

On a side note: Helium3, why is your name on the vid?

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
LOL It's not any sort of conditioning or brainwashing it's healthy skepticism. If i took everything i saw as fact i would be as ignorant as anybody who dismissed everything they saw. To find the truth you've got to find the right balance and look at the subject matter from various angles and be willing to hear the other possibilities.

Believers are just as guilty of dismissing evidence as the skeptics.

Many members have commented on the object disappearing before it enters the clouds. Whats more likely, its a sign of a hoax or is it proof that the aliens have cloaking technology?

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Lets say for the sake of argument that the video in this thread is indeed authentic. Beyond a shadow of a doubt it is a flying disk that drops into the clouds. With that said, look how many people in this thread refuse to believe it. I think maybe the UFO community has reached a point that video evidence or photographic evidence is always going to fall short.

Well I would believe it, if the source it came from was'nt proven to be unreliable in other instances to make a buck. If the source is unreliable in one area then it's only fair to expect people not to trust it in others.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Looks fake to me. The shadow on the cloud, the animation, doesn't look too good to me.

Agreed. Fun, but fake. Primarily because the UFO, on its descent, becomes more sharply defined against the background than the plane. The hoaxers got a little too ambitious. They should have kept it more fuzzy and out of focus. Nice try, but no cigar.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It does look fake to me also. Here's what seems to be off:

- First thing is the motion at which the object falls. If you were to throw a frisbee it would have the same motion. It would hang for a moment, even climb a bit, then it would start to descent and it's rate of dropping would increase. This looked exactly like a frisbee superimposed.

-Second, the shadow is cast to give the impression the object is moving away from the camera and jet, but the object itself is not looking smaller as anything else that moves away from you would.

-Third, the shadow looks too perfect all the way until it vanishes. Clouds are about the most un-flat objects and the shadow should have wavered in all sorts of ways.

-Forth, the object is not visable until after the cloud passes. Why was it not there before they passed the cloud?

-Fifth, the camera man filming the jet never takes his focus off of the nose of the jet. You would think if you saw a UFO you might try to track it or even zoom in.

So sorry, it is obviously fake.

[edit on 2-5-2006 by Battlefresh]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Interesting film and there is nothing fake about it. The problem is what the object actually is. First off though; I have over 5 years experience in the CG field and this is not a CG fake. There is a possibility that the object they want you to look at has been through some blending to hide the details but without the original footage it would be hard to tell with any certainty. Unless you take the time to look at it frame by frame you may not notice that the aircraft is flying through many objects. On two occasions you can clearly see the shape of one of the birds in silhouette as it veers away from the approaching aircraft. I’m fairly convinced that the supposed UFO is another bird in the flock. Unless you look frame by frame you won’t even notice the rest of the birds in the footage.

I wish I had a clear uncompressed copy to check out. I will go through it frame by frame and try some enhancement techniques on individual frames. I’m not sure how to post them on this board but I’ll try and figure out a way to do that.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Interesting film and there is nothing fake about it.

Okay, we believe you! Because... well... because you said so! That's good enough for us!

I will go through it frame by frame and try some enhancement techniques on individual frames.

Be sure to take a real close look at the few frames just before the dot enters the cloud. Something definitely fishy in that spot. But if you say it's not fake, that's the end of the discussion.

[edit on 2-5-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Enkidu,

Never ever trust anyone, least of all me

I'm probably one of the biggest sceptics here which is a good thing. I actually want to find a real ufo film or photo. After looking at many photos and films and finding none of them to be as advertised; I get even more suspicious. Most are not fakes, they are from well meaning people who want to beleive so badly they are blinded by it. I have no agenda and I'm convinced that there is intellegent life out there. I'm also convinced that the angels the bible speaks of are probably the same things that we call ET's today. I'm mostly amazed that no one seems to be able to get a decent photo or film. I have never seen even one that could be called real. I have seen many that are obvious fakes.
What I mean by this not being fake is that there has been nothing added to this footage. It may well have been through some frame by frame editing though. One thing everyone should look at is not whether the shadow is real but instead look at the shape of the shadow.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't have either a particularly clear view of this clip nor any way to slo-mo it, which is a shame... and I don't want to be a party-pooper but I'm leaning towards this one being fake. Lord knows I have a hard time with people 'debunking' videos that I think are real (the crash in the desert being one I find very compelling) but the shadow on the clouds doesn't look quite right to me: it seems as if the shadow and the object would miss each other, though this could be a trick of perspective on the cloud surface.

Also, the instant before the object disappears behind the cloud for the first time seems a bit wrong. But I can't put it any more precisely than that, unfortunately.

As I say, I wish I had slo-mo for it.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I must have had to much coffee this morning. Good stuff too - a double mocha

I jumped the gun here. There is some thing wrong with the object I did not notice the first time around. Its too clearly defined and the shadow actually seems to disappear a few frames sooner that it should. Also the motion is too perfect. Should be at least a little jitter even with image stabilization. It appears to be something unpowered that was launched or ejected from one of the aircraft. Weird

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I'm mostly amazed that no one seems to be able to get a decent photo or film.

I don't think that's so much of a problem. There's actually some pretty good photos out there, and some video that looks promising.

But as good as the footage may be, when all is said and done, that's all there is to it. Meaning, a photo or footage doesn't mean anything by itself, just like an eyewitness report. I always said, I could go to my local hardware store and get enough stuff to build a good-looking, full-sized flying saucer dirigible and float it up in the air, and the picture wouldn't be fake. It would be a real, flawless picture of a flying saucer. I could even make some aliens and cobble together a sequence of photos that show the ship landing and me greeting the aliens.

Even if this particular video was "real," what does that give us? Not much. We still don't know exactly where and when the video was shot and who shot it and what happened after that. If it's a real aircraft, there's no indication anywhere that would prove it to be "alien." Who's to know?

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Rich23,
You can do frame by frame or slow mo with Windows Media Player.
Go to view>enhancements>play speed settings.
I now believe the video shows something that was launched from the aircraft and is not powered but freefalling. It acts just like a thrown football.

[edit on 2-5-2006 by Blaine91555]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Enkidu,
I don't know how familiar you are with the state of CG and animation, but wait until you see what coming up in the next 10 years. You will no longer be able to tell if the person you are seeing is real or an animated 3D model. The only thing standing in the way now is the costs and time involved in rendering. A couple of more generations of computers and that will no longer be a problem. No more hubcaps on strings, small aircraft flying away from the camera or light fixtures.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
So none of you think a fighter jet, like another F-16 could have dove into the clouds like that? Well...

• Do we know the speed of the jet in the foreground? No! Is it possible that the object in the background is another jet that caught up with the one in the foreground? Most certainly!
  • Is there anything odd about that dive? Nothing at all! It's a dive of a few hundred feet, maybe a thousanda at most. To think that a jet of any sort could not dive that fast in only a couple of seconds is ludacris!

My guess is that it's another F-16, or similar fighter. They were probably there was a group filming something for training of future pilots.

• new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join