It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hovering Bubble thing? Help needed...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hi all, I hope this is the right forum to post this in. I don't know whether this would be a live creature or some method of surveillance?

Here's basically what happened.

My dad was in the car and from the top corner of the windshield this bubble comes right up to it. It was about 3 inches and a whitish transparency. It hovered for a moment and took off.

I've googled a bunch to try and get some answers for this and have come up empty handed.

The first things that came to mind were living thing or surveillance thing... any info or help would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It sounds like one of those Willow-O-The-Wisp things. Or maybe you were just fortunate enough to be one of the few people to have witnessed ball lightning. Ball lightning is often described as being sperical and moving somewhat erratically.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Maybe it was one of those flying 'blobs'. I had a look on google but couldn't find anything so will check again.

Basically these blobs are believed by some to inhabit the upper atmosphere. They are believed to be huge, but simple lifeforms (relatively an amoeba).

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw one around our lodge, and so did my brother. It was creeping along the ground, floating in mid-air, and breaking branches, giving off insanely scary laughter, and took off like a rocket.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
10 bucks says it was some 10 year old girl on her front porch with a bottle of bubbles.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creedo
10 bucks says it was some 10 year old girl on her front porch with a bottle of bubbles.

Spot on Creedo, it really is that simlple.

Explain yourself about 'the surveylance thing', I cannot imagine what you mean by this.
Problems with posting hyperlink but check out this link. www.bubbles.org/

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Thank you to those who gave any ideas of what it could be. As for those who replied in mockery, please don't waste my time (do you forget what type of content abovetopsecret contains?)

Jack of Blades, thanks for checking google. I too have been searching for something but have come up with nothing. There was a site roswellrods and a few more sites with these rod things, but it wasn't any of the typical rod shape as posted on the sites.

(edit) if it helps, it was seen while the vehicle was moving, came up to the window, stayed in a hover type mode for a brief moment and left.

[edit on 2-5-2006 by Jiffy]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Ball lightning would be a plausible answer, but maybe one of those dandelion things? They seem to be blobs in the right light.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jiffy
Jack of Blades, thanks for checking google. I too have been searching for something but have come up with nothing. There was a site roswellrods and a few more sites with these rod things, but it wasn't any of the typical rod shape as posted on the sites.

I wasn't talking about rods. There are reports of large (for lack of a better word) blobs floating in the sky. They appear to be organic, and seem to change shape like a semi-liquid.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

I wasn't talking about rods. There are reports of large (for lack of a better word) blobs floating in the sky. They appear to be organic, and seem to change shape like a semi-liquid.

Oh yeah... those things.

Scientists have a name for those. WEATHERBALLOONS...

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian IX

Scientists have a name for those. WEATHERBALLOONS...
#

Seriously man, these things are far more real than most things you'll hear about on here.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

Jackofblades,
My bad, didn't mean that you said it was rods, just mentioned that I came across rods on google, but thats not what it was. Still looking....

Christian IX:

Your world would be flat until someone told you otherwise.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Will o' the whisps

Aka :, Faery Lights, Hobbedy's Lantern, St. Elmo's Fire, Elf Fire, Jack-o-Lantern, Will-o'-the-Whisp,, Willowisps, Will-o'-Light, Bob-A-Longs, Night Whispers, Fire Faeries, Jenny Burnt-Tail , Hunky Punky, Teine Sith, Huckpoten, Irrbloss, Les Eclaireux, Candelas, Ruskaly, fox fire, ignis fatuus

Origin :first accounts dated back from Antiquity. The faery lights are seen all over the world and each land has a different name for them.

Description : floating blue lights, glowing ball or tiny flickers of fire that travel through breezes and air currents sometimes even following their observer or mimicing his movements.

ghosts.monstrous.com...

Ive also read about people seeing these whisps in the same areas where cropcircles have appeared.. so they may or may not be connected..

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Unfortunately, ball lightning is not an explanation. It doesn't move with great speed unless it magnetically "attaches" to something - which requires close proximities.

Otherwise, yes it could have been ball lightning, but the description of it "taking off at extreme speeds" does not seem to match. Depending in the car was moving or not, it would make more sense for it being a blown bubble that got caught in some air turbulence in front of the car, and then got "unstuck" and flew over the car. If the car wasn't moving, then it was something else.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarium
Unfortunately, ball lightning is not an explanation. It doesn't move with great speed unless it magnetically "attaches" to something - which requires close proximities.

Like a large metallic vehicle which has been moving through air and sut particles causing it to build a static charge?

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It sounds like it could be one of these blob things found on google earth. I saw it somewhere on here earlier but i havent got time to find the link atm. sorry.

There are sat pics which are above florida and LA and show blurry spheres. I blieve that that are small and near the satellite as opposed to large and distant. Whatever they are could be what you saw and came down from up in the atmosphere?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
My experiance is a floating bubble :
I was laying down in a long room (approx 10 metres) I noticed a large bubble(30cm) hovering at the other end of the room. It hoverd there for a few seconds then it slowly moved towards me. I felt calm but curious as it came towards me, it went over my head and as I turned to follow it, it dissapeared.
would love to hear from anyone with a simular experiance or any ideas

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Or maybe it was just a bubble?

Wig

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Jiffy

Can we have some greater detail, your location (generally UK, US etc and what type of road it was), the speed of your car, the speed of the object, did the object stay with the car at one point... for how long...and where in relation to the car was it, the nature of its departure the speed and route taken in relation to the car.

It was a solid white? Not tranparent in any way? did it have any surface detail or smooth?

Did you both see it?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
About two summers ago, I was lying in my garden in the
UK morning sun. I was laid on my stomach and reading,
I work evenings and was enjoying the peace and quiet.

For some reason, a thought 'popped'into my head saying,
"look above yo and watch a aeroplane engine fall on you!"

I know... it's sounds stupid doesn't it, but I turned over and
looked up. From the highest point of the gable end of my house,
a white ball, about the size of a tennis ball flew across my view.
It was maybe about 40 miles per hour and was moving north to
south across the all-blue sky. it disappeared into the distance
and that was it.

This is true.

top topics

join