It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 2142

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

polar ice caps have expanded and everyone is fighting over land, they got mechs.. it looks awesome!

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
story line is kinda lame, but the game looks amazing.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The Battlefield Series started out with an ok storyline. but as the mods, ie...POE and DC got mad popular multiplayer support they shifted more to online team based and less on the storyline. Battlefield Vietnam, although real popular, nerfed the aircraft(my fav) and made them retardly unflyable by realistic means. Battlefield 2 didnt do much better for pilots. Between Dice and EA, too many chiefs, not enuff warriors. BF2142 will be futuristic, so not sure how flight capibilities will fare in this installment. Ill check it out tho, just becuz.

On the online fighting note...chk out Quakewars.com Looks interesting. Also the Old Desert combat guys are making a new game too. Ill edit when i find the link.

Ps...i wont even mention the rampant hacking that is going on in the BF Series.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If anyone is interested, we are recruiting for 2142.

Please check out our site at:

www.retribution2142.com

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The games availabel for download.
well the Demo..

honestly I was a lil bit disapointed.

hover tanks? steering with the mouse?
the aims on the weapons seem to sway to much..
the shooting technique is lacking
The graphics are too cartoonish.

after waiting till 2am to play the dowload demo, getting around the dll error, around the windows crashing bit.. removing voip cause it d/c me in 15 seconds I finally had a few rounds..

but all iwanted to do was return to bf2 and sit on my crane in kubra.

overall?

Hard to comment..
but at the moment.. id say 5.75/10
titan mode rox but.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
YEAH!!!!!!! I Pre-ordered this game!!! IT is going to be soooo good!!!! Oh my God buy it! Buy it!!! Battlefield NEVER lets you down dude! Every single game is fun in some freakin way! I can't wait to become a commander of the TITAN. Or a squad owner or whatever. Hella awesome. You can control your squads and stuff! It is like Star Wars Battlefront 2, but WAY WAY WAY better and WAY less lame. And way more realistic and more human-ish.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Hey serious question. How do u stop demo from crashing to desktop because you mentioned you had this problem and my computer also does for some reason?

[edit on 10-10-2006 by Human Defense]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
disable voip

do u get in to a game, then it crashes after say 20-40seconds?

if so in options audio turn off voip.

if it continues ensure ur vid and mboard drivers are up to date

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
No, what happens is I get past the training video of the demo, and then after it's done CRASH!! BOOM! I see a nice picture of a palm tree but I really wan't to see the inside of a titan lol!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Well, the games out!
I spent a few hours playing it last night.

Yeeeehah!

im finding it more difficult to get the hang of than the previous versions.
The vehicles seem to cumberson, and sensitive when aiming. IE The hover tank in zoom mode.

And the maps all seem to easy to stalemate..........

But its early days...

If you see CHOP floating about , drop me a line people! Internode Australian servers are the best!

anythoughts on the game?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I like the demo, it's ok, but the map is a little dull. But if you remember the demo of BF2 was Gulf of Oman, which is prob the most boring map on BF2. It's only a taster.

The gun sway is good, especially with the sniper rifle. More realistic. Not sure about the tank that doesn't have a right-mouse machine gun though. Leaves you a bit vunerable if you have no co-ax gunner.

I have noticed that most people playing the demo seem to be really (and I mean really) crap. No one joins squads, lots of team killing, easy to kill themselves...

Looking forward to Friday when it's released here.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
And the makers of this game are'nt being sued for copyright infringement?

1. The mechs and some of the flyers are more than just a little
resemblatory to the vehicles in Earth: 2150.
2. The 'reactor' looks an awful lot like a warp core from Star Trek.

The game does'nt look very interesting to me, I'm content with playing
Earth: 2150, until I can figure out what graphics card I need to play
Earth: 2160, which I have, but can't play because my computers
graphics card is'nt new enough or something.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
spyware. . .

very sad lys face here.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
SON OF A BI**H. Lys is right, the little piece of paper that falls out tells ya all about it when u open the box. In capitols at the bottom of it.

IF YOU DO NOT WANT IGA TO COLLECT, USE, STORE, OR TRANSMIT THE DATA DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION, DO NOT INSTALL OR PLAY THE SOFTWARE ON ANY PLATFORM THAT IS USED TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET.

Well guess what, its a net based game, and guess what #2. You opened the box to read that, now you cant take it back for a refund.

FRAKIN EA FRAKED ME AGAIN.:bnghd:
:bash:

and doing a search i find this. argh why is hindsight always 2020.

Frakin spyware

Oh well, guess i have a pretty new box to look at while im flying flight sim x. Ill be finishing my new system saturday to play it. Cant wait to install ONE of the softwares i bought today. Dam EA to hell.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Well after doing alot of forum reading about this, i conclude that its not as bad as it seems. Nowhere in the level of the sony rootkit.

This thread has a few comments for the Dice guys plus links to IGA Statements and just what exactly is done by/for the software.

TotalBF Forum

Frak it, i bought it, im playin it dammit.

Quote from Dice/EA

[edit on 19-10-2006 by S1LV3R4D0]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm aware of the spyware, which is why I play it on the infested family computer instead. Graphics are a bit dull, but what the hey. Drop me a line, my characters name is Sardion, and I'm a Lance Corporal Silver with specializations in Support and Assault.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
As soon as i get the new rig up and runnin Sardion, ill add ya to my buddies list when i get it installed and logged on. My in game name is the same as here. I have a TS server that ive ran for years, only a select few are allowed on it. If we get on around the same times, ill let ya on to do some killin with us.

The "spyware" isnt really that bad. its mostly in game advertising. The only thing that beefs me is there was no reduction in pricing due to it. Kinda chickensh*t of EA but hey thats corporate money for ya.

Whats your take on EA handing the pinkslips to Dice Canada and now Dice Sweden.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
PLEASE READ

Ok, can we, create squad!!!!!! Yeah lets totally freaking do it dudes! C'mon it will be fun! Hey u2u me if you're are interested and don't worry I don't care if I am squad leader or not. I only care about if you know how to give orders or not. Because you get points for your rank and stuff which is importante for me because I want unlocks and so do you!

My soldier name is Matt_E and please add me to your buddies or I will add you.

By the way my favorite map is Suez Canal. That is like Iraq.

And is it just me or does the EU gunship look like a terminator ship? You know the plane that has two seats and fires rockets. Looks like a small terminator ship I swear to God.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
It is also way easier to fly in this game. I mean this is the best game for flying! It is EXTREMELY easy for me. Because the gunships (two seaters) have this thing where if you press S then it will just stop moving and hover, so you can turn around. OR if you hit W you will go full speed forward about as fast as a jet, so for me this is the perfect plane. a fusion between a helicopter and a jet. It owns. I was speechless for the first 6 hours of playing this game because it was so much fun. It still is, but now I curse the laggg and stuff because I load a map for 10 minutes just to get lagged out in the next 5. Not my connection it is either my RAM or there sucky connection.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Been playing it for a week, it is the bomb.

[edit on 23-10-2006 by SpittinCobra]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join