It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Russia were Muslim since 1949

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I believe all war is terrorism, especially nuclear war. I pose the following questions:

If Russia were Muslim since 1949, on what date would nuclear war have occurred? Or any date in the future?

If Russia were Christian since 1949, on what date would nuclear war have occurred? Or any date in the future?

Peace to all religions, nations, ethnic groups...

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You have to realize that Russia(while known as the USSR) was a basically Godless nation. I'm sure there were those that practiced some religion on their own, not to mention they had numerous Muslim lands under their control(Kazhakstan, Azerbajan ect.). Russia was a Christian nation before communism. But I think that the outcome would have been the same either way. It was deterrence that kept nuclear war from happening in the end and not religion in my opinion. Both the US and the USSR(along with the rest of the nuclear nations) were afraid of the other sides nukes. Not to duck your original question with this answer, but in the end religion had very little to do with the fact that nuclear war did not occur, it was fear of each others arsenal.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
An intelligent reply ludaChris. People base all their actions on religion, nation, both, or neither. Some base their actions completely on religious beliefs and this can cross all boundary lines.

The world needs peace.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
If Russia were Muslim since 1949, on what date would nuclear war have occurred? Or any date in the future?

What does 'were muslim' mean? That its leaders were muslims? OR that the power of the soviet empire was in the hands of people like amhadinejad and the like?? If suicidal apocalyptic lunatics were in charge of Russia, then they'd quickly go to thermonuclear war, whether they were trying to bring about the 'end of history', 'second coming' or 'unoccultation of the mahdi'.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
If Russia was Muslim since 1949, then I think that maybe Israel would not exist today, but because it would have never been created as a state, not because Russia (or the USSR) would have destroyed it.

As we (luckily) never had a nuclear war, does that mean that the USSR and USA had the same religion?

Religion may have been indirectly responsible for millions and millions of deaths, but the idea of total annihilation is not very well received but almost all people, regardless of religion.

But this is my opinion as an atheist, so I may be completely wrong.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

An intelligent reply ludaChris. People base all their actions on religion, nation, both, or neither. Some base their actions completely on religious beliefs and this can cross all boundary lines.

The world needs peace.

Thank you GreatTech. The world does need peace, but lets face it. There wont ever be peace until the end. I am lucky enough to have personal peace at the moment. But we need to remember that while we may have peace ourselves, there are others who do not. I truly wish we could all get along, because thats the kind of person I am. But also being a realist makes me realize that peace can not be achieved in this world, as this world runs on the premist of conflict. We see it not only on a global scale, but in our own lives as well. Every day there are conflicts in our lives and we will never be rid of them, so in my opinion, it is safe to say the world is no different, and wont be until the end. You can apply conflict to almost anything in the world, on the personal or grand level. Food for thought.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Nygdan, what is the degree of separation or unity of a leader and his or her people in a nation? By country and time? Is Putin 15-20% Orthodox Christian, and 10-15% Muslim? Is Bush 52% Protestant Christian, and 24% Roman Catholic Christian, and 1% Muslim?

Everybody check out this site, updated on April 20, 2006: www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/fields/2122.html

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Interesting, I see that most of 'palestine' is Sunni and most of Iran is Shiite. Does this help explain the argument that Iran won't nuke Israel because of the collateral damage to palestinian's? Maybe it IS a win-win for Iran.

As to Bush's religious affiliation, he sure isn't 100% Christian. True Christian's don't go out and say Islam is a religion of peace, knowing full well that Christianity does not allow for 'Peace' minus Jesus Christ! So, Yes, I would say he is some % something else. I believe it's called compromise, or politic's, same thing.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I believe all war is terrorism, especially nuclear war. I pose the following questions:

If Russia were Christian since 1949, on what date would nuclear war have occurred? Or any date in the future?

Peace to all religions, nations, ethnic groups...

well, America was a Chrisitian nation in 1945 and look what it did.

It is the only country to have dropped nukes on another country.

would you say that was terrorism?

I think so.

[edit on 30-4-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It was either hundred's of thousand's of our troop's or hundred's of thousand's of their civilian's. They started it, we finished it! What would you have done differently?

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
The world does need peace, but lets face it. There wont ever be peace until the end.

Consider this: Since man began recording history, there have only been 29 years of peace--no ongoing war or conflict.
Since the end of WWII, there have been a total of 228 armed conflicts and 118 after the Cold War (presumably that would be either 1989 with the fall of the Berlin Wall or 1991 with the collapse of the Soviet Union).
Armed Conflict and Its International Dimensions, 1946–2004

More can be found here:
Correlates of War Project
ICB Project: International Crisis Behavior Project
The Study of War and Peace

seekerof

[edit on 1-5-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Seekerof, you are the best information source among ATS members that I have found.

Regarding the 29 years of peace since man began recording history: does this include non-fighting when two or more governments have declared war? In the current war with Iraq, if there were 5 seconds of nonfighting, does this add to the 29 years of peace? Is the 29 years of peace calculated from January 1 to December 31 each year?

new topics

top topics

join