It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nine Unknowns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm trying to do research into a group of super mysterious individuals known as the Nine, the Nine Unknowns, or etc...

Here is some background story,

French Diplomat Louis Jacolliot spent most of his career in India exploring ancient mysteries and legends, one particularly interesting legend he discovered is about the Nine Unknowns. Accoring to the legend, the Society of the Nine Unknowns was created by the Indian Emperor Asoka in 273 BC. Asoka wanted to encapsule all human knowledge of the time and to ensure that all further research into the real psychology of man and the ultimate nature of matter would be confied to men incapable of misusing the knowledge. According to Jacolliot, the Nine are still alive and he implies that he contact them in his writings.

Each of the 9 unknowns is responsible for the security of one entire branch of human knowledge. These branches include physiology, microbiology, transmutation of elements, extraterrestrial communication, gravitation, cosmology, light, and the evolution of human society. Each of the 9 maintains a book that is constantly rewritten on the topic they are responsible for.

Judo is the result of the leak from one of their books, as well as Alchemy. It is also noted that the liaison between the guardian of transmutation and the Unknown respnsible for human evolution allows for the release of alchemical gold to alleviate distress locally, following natural calamities or social upheavals.

I found much of this information through the study of a book "The People of the Secret" by Ernest Scott on pp. 153-154

I have been able to find very little information on this legend/secret society,

More information I found on:
forums.unfiction.com...

The story of the Nine Unknown Men was popularized for the first
time in 1927 in a book by Talbot Mundy who for twenty-five years
was a member of the British police force in India. His book is
half-fiction, half scientific inquiry. The Nine apparently
employed a synthetic language, and each of them was in possession
of a book that was constantly being rewritten and containing a
detailed account of some science.

The first of these books is said to have been devoted to the
technique of propaganda and psychological warfare. "The most
dangerous of all sciences," wrote Mundy, "is that of moulding mass
opinion, because it would enable anyone to govern the whole
world."

It must be remembered that Korjybski's _General Semantics_ did not
appear until 1937 and that it was not until the West had the
experience of the last World War that the techniques of psychology
of language, i.e., propaganda, could be formulated. The first
American college of semantics only came into being in 1950. In
France almost the only book that at all well known is Serge
Tchocotine's _Le Viol des Foules_ which has had a considerable
influence in intellectual polical circles, although it deals only
superficially with the subject.

The second book was on physiology. It explained, among other
things, how it is possible to kill a man by touching him, death
being caused by a reversal of the nerve-impulse. It is said that
Judo is a result of "leakages" from this book.

The third volume was a study on microbiology, and dealt especially
with protective colloids.

The fourth was concerned with the transmutation of metals. There
is a legend that in times of drought temples and religious relief
organizations received large quanities of fine gold from a secret
source.

The fifth volume contains a study of all means of communication,
terrestial and extra-terrestial.

The sixth expounds the secrets of gravitation.

The seventh contains the most exhaustive cosmogony known to
humanity.

The eighth deals with light.

The ninth volume, on sociology, gives the rules for the evolution
of societies, and means of foretelling their decline.

Any further research anyone can do on this topic would be greatly appreciated as I have hit a dead end because of the lack of information on the topic.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
That sounds fascinating. I can't add anything specific to it, other than to comment that, clearly, people in asokas time wouldn't've known about microbes, gravity, etc.

Oriental martial arts are thought by some to have originated from Indian dance however. Make intuitive sense to me looking at poses like these:

nla.gov.au...
www.indian-dance.de...

And india does have its own martial arts too
www.atributetohinduism.com...

ALso, the general story of the Nines, with them updating their books (immortal? or perhaps they have an apprentice who carries on the work each generation) sounds very much like the story behind Rosicrucianism, with (i think) 12 adepts going around the world seperately, collecting knowlege in a particular study area, then meeting in confernce, combining the information, initiating an apprentice to carry on the work.

i.e., propaganda, could be formulated

Most western governments had ministries of propaganda, and of course Weishaupt was very much concerned with the "science" of influencing the mind. I don't think that its too out of date for someone in the '20s to note that propaganda is paramount, especially in british run colonial india.

[edit on 30-4-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This is interesting. en.wikipedia.org...

Some modern Indian scientists such as Jagdish Chandra Bose were said to believe in or even to be members of the Nine although documentation on this issue is predictably scant.

Jagdish Chandra Bose had almost a whole chapter dedicated to his research in Paramahansa Yogananda's "Autobiography of a Yogi", the latter being said to be an Initiate of the White Lodge.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Oh wow, didn't even think of checking Wikipedia, great find Tamahu

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
hmm..very interesting...India is a old culture. The movie "bullet proof monk" comes to mind on this one.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm bumping this thread because its a topic I find extremely fascinating.

Considering that the Mahabharata has some *intriguing* passages in it, which seem to be describing things from aerial vehicles to weapons of mass destruction, it isn't that surprising there are rumours of the Nine.

I am unsure as to whether the Nine were created before or after the supposed war with Atlantis, but I do know that they were entrusted with knowledge far beyond our own, and they would always keep it secret.

They are not immortal, they pass on their knowledge to a successor who inherits the duties of the former Man.

I have heard that the Nine had knowledge on the manipulation of gravity, techniques which allowed the vimana to fly and chemical and technological warfare (although Atlantis, the more warlike of the two advanced nations, was more prone to using them), among others.

Pope Sylvester II is rumoured to have been given things which baffled his followers, such as a bronze head that replied yes and no to questions put to it about politics. It was put forward that he had such treasures and advanced knowledge because he pledged allegiance to the Devil.
A man called Alexandre Yersin traveled to India is believed to have been entrusted with certain secrets, and upon returning developed a cure for cholera and the Plague.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This may be of interest:

www.ask.com...

Searched for, "Council of Nine" on Ask.com search engine.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Great topic!

*researching*

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Extremely fascinating. First time I hear of this. Great find
Wonder where they hide...

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if they did exist. Perhaps they use their advanced knowledge of society to predict when would be the right time to release more information about something without causing a detrimental effect. When they feel the time is right, they send for someone who visits them and is given the knowledge.

Even if its not true, it is one of the oldest legends around - and one of the most fascinating.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If anyone wants to read about Jagdish Chandra Bose, make sure you get the original unaltered edition of "Autobiography of a Yogi".

It has a blue cover, and I believe it is published by Crystal Clear or something like that.

The altered version usually has an orange cover.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Robert Anton Wilson writes much fiction about the Nine. I thought they were firts mentioned in Theosophy, guess I wasw wrong though

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
Perhaps they use their advanced knowledge of society to predict when would be the right time to release more information about something without causing a detrimental effect.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but the above reminded me of the Foundation series by Isaac Asimov regarding the use of pychohistory. Secrecy was necessary because the masses had to be in ignorance of the application of pychohistory as well as its results to maintain its predictive accuracy.

Asimov was so damn good...

[edit on 14-2-2007 by yuefo]

[edit on 14-2-2007 by yuefo]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I am awful with understanding Eastern Philosophy in a Hindu context (such a complicated religion,) so I will hold my opinion and let someone else interpret this link I found.

This segment of our wisdom archives deals with the esoteric initiations and transmissions which were conferred on and received by Shri (Dadaji) Gurudev Mahendranath and those departments of the Cosmic Initiations which have now become established in the United Kingdom to prepare for their expansion on an international level where the wisdom of our ancient people and ancestry will become an old way of life revived for the well-being of the whole world.

Aeonian Transmissions

Another possibly relevant link concerning The Nine Nathas:

Natha means 'Lord', and is an epithet of Shiva. It is also the name given to a very old tradition of Yogis, the Natha Sampradaya. The founder of the line of Nathas is said to be Bhagavan Dattatreya, a legendary fantastic figure who combines in himself the beings of the Hindu trinity Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesha.

Subhagodya

I don't know if any of this is relevant, any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
I am awful with understanding Eastern Philosophy in a Hindu context (such a complicated religion,) so I will hold my opinion and let someone else interpret this link I found.

Subhagodya

I don't know if any of this is relevant, any thoughts?

I found this paragraph in the link you provided which seems to indicate that it is fairly relevant.

"These are) the Patent Ones, the Hidden Ones, the More Hidden Ones, the Ones Concealed by Tradition, the In Group Ones, the Ones without Origin, the Secret Ones, the Ones who are Very Secret, and the Holy Secret Ones. He should meditate on these 9 kinds of Yoginis with their names and attributions."

How old is this teaching, does anyone know?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Not to tell anybody what to do or what to think or anything; however as a warning, this link right here:

shivashakti.com... ...

...teaches legitimate Black Tantra.

But if you want to awaken in hell, then go ahead.

Miserable will be the one who affiliates himself to those tenebrous schools. It were better for him that "a millstone were hanged about his neck, and be cast into the sea." (Luke 17:2)

The fundamental basic objective of the Black Tantric schools is the development of the abominable Kundabuffer Organ (Tail of Satan).

For those who want to steal the Fire from Baphomet instead getting destroyed by it(in other words: for those who want to awaken positively, instead of in hell), then I'd suggest to study the following authors:

H.P. Blavatsky

T. Subba Row

C. Jinarajadasa

Swami Sivananda (see his "Kundalini Yoga")

Swami Vivekananda

Paramahansa Yogananda

Sri Yukteswar

Tibetan Tantra, Karmamudra, and Kalachakra teachings which have the approval of: H.H. the Dalai Lama, H. H. Menri Trizin, H.H. the 17th Gyalwa Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje(not to be confused with Trinlay Thaye Dorje), Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, H.H. Sakya Trizin, and the Ganden Tripa

(See also the Gyurme Dorje translation of the Bardo Thodol which is a treatise on Highest Yoga Tantra)

V.M. Samael Aun Weor

Sex is the door of Eden. The Guardian of this door is the Assyrian Sphinx, the Egyptian Sphinx, the Bull (Golden Calf) of Moses with the sword between its paws. This is the Psychological “I” reflected in the Baphomet that with his sword drives out from the threshold all of those who are not prepared. The enemy is within us; we need to work with the demon in order to dissolve it.

We need to steal the fire from the Devil.

Not all of these recommended Yogis openly taught Tantra of course(as some taught during the Age of Pisces), however of all these author's teachings are in alignment with White Tantra, or they would at least prepare one for White Tantra.

But woe to the one who becomes enslaved(such as through the teachings of "shivashakti".com) by the Guardian of the Threshold!

Again: "It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and be cast into the sea."

Many Hindu "Yogis" and "Tantrikas" who are heavily under the influence of Kali are preying on naive Westerners and end up destroying their souls.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

For those who want to steal the Fire from Baphomet instead getting destroyed by it(in other words: for those who want to awaken positively, instead of in hell), then I'd suggest to study the following authors:...

Whoa whoa, I blatantly pointed out that I know very little about the subject and was just pulling some links that I found off of Google, I do not know anything about the validity of the site I linked to which if you read my post you would realize. I did not even know their was a differentiation between "black" and "white" tantra, no attempts to lead people to "hell" being made on this side.

Did you honestly quote the gnostic gospel of Luke and then say Blavatsky is an enlightening source as well? Blavatsky?!

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
No, don't get me wrong Baphomet79.

I'm not trying to say that you're deceiving people.

I'm simply warning people about these dangerous "Gurus" and Dugpas.

And yes, H.P. Blavatsky is an authentic Initiate.

I've explained(and proven) elsewhere that her works were/are praised by H.H. the Dalai Lama, and that the first edition of her "The Voice of the Silence" was printed under the auspices of the Panchen Lama.

And yes, Luke is also an authentic Initiate of the Brotherhood of the Serpent, and was instructed in the Western Tantric Tradition by Master Aberamentho(the Divine Rabbi Yehoshua of Nazareth).

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
On H.P. Blavatsky reaching Adept-Hood:

What about celibacy? Did not all the great spiritual teachers practice continence?

"Those students of occultism who think they can attain Self-realization without the Arcanum A.Z.F. (sexual magic) are absolutely mistaken. Madame Blavatsky, after having written the six volumes of The Secret Doctrine, stated that those who want to know the mysteries of Chiram must search among the ancient Alchemists. She was in Agarthi. She renounced Nirvana in order to achieve the Venustic Initiation. She is already a Twice-Born because she possesses the Solar Bodies and lives in the sacred monasteries. She is going to return into this world which is more bitter than bile. She is preparing to take a physical body in the United States, in New York.

The great Master Blavatsky was a true Yogini, a disciple of Kout Humi, although after becoming a widow of the Count Blavatsky she married Colonel Olcott in order to work with the Arcanum of Sexual Magic. Only in this way did she achieve in-depth realization.

The great Yogi-Avatar Sri Lahiri Mahasaya was called to the Initiation by the immortal Babaji when he already had a spouse. Thus, this is how the Yogi-Avatar was Self-realized. In Hindustan, Sexual Magic is known by the Sanskrit term Urdhvarata.

Authentic Yogis practice Sexual Magic with their spouse. There are two types of Bramacharya (sexual abstinence), solar and lunar. The solar type is for those that have performed the Second Birth. The lunar type is that absurd sexual abstinence that serves only to produce filthy, nocturnal sexual pollutions with all of its fatal consequences. – Samael Aun Weor, The Initiatic Path in the Arcana of Tarot and Kabbalah

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The Nine Unknowns" may also be a symbolic reference to the Nine Sephiroth above Malkuth(or the Nine above the physical world).

To re-enter Eden(Yesod), we must work in the Ninth Sphere, which is Sex.

Because it is taught, that it is with Sex that we fell from Eden; and also that it is only with Sex that we can return to Eden.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join