It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top secret Ford plan: Recyclable vehicles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

While Ford Motor Co. will capture the attention of the nation today when it announces a major corporate downsizing, the automaker also has begun a secret research project in hopes of producing recyclable, environmentally friendly cars of the future.

The effort -- known internally as the "Piquette Project," after Ford's famed Piquette Avenue factory in Detroit where the Model T was developed nearly a century ago -- was launched last year by Chairman and CEO Bill Ford Jr. as part of his campaign to revive the company's spirit of innovation.

"The goal is to help us do with products what we did with manufacturing at the Rouge Plant," said Ford spokesman Jon Pepper, referring to the $2 billion environmentally friendly makeover of the Dearborn industrial complex.

Pepper said Ford hopes to show some of the first fruits of the Piquette Project by 2008, the 100-year anniversary of the Model T.

Bill Ford last year asked his top executives to create a cross-functional team loosely patterned after the one his great-grandfather, Henry Ford, assembled a century ago at the Piquette plant.

That team helped create the moving assembly line and developed the Model T, the car that made automobiles accessible to the masses.

Bill Ford's goal is nearly as ambitious: develop renewable, clean and safe vehicles that would be both socially conscious and provide a competitive advantage in the marketplace.

www.detnews.com.../20060123/AUTO01/601230357/1148/rss25

You can read more on the site

So, Recycleable vehicles? If you look on the site. The project will be launched in 2008. at Fords 100th anneversary. It does sound true..
I don't know. it does sound very good. and cool
But do you think it actually is going to occur?
Seems like they want to do this for a long time..
Now i gotta go to work..
So, What do you guys think?

- MB

[edit on 30-4-2006 by meridian_blood_29387423]

[edit on 30-4-2006 by meridian_blood_29387423]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This sounds kinda coool

So in 2008 we can buy a car every week and recycle at the end of the week end going buy another car .. so we drive another car everyweek!

I think we will spare much money.. If the make a fuel you can drive the hole week with and then its out of fuel andthen you just recycle the car and get another car with one week fuel..
Thats sounds pretty dawm good !
So it like this week i where my Nike shoes, and the next week i wear my Adidas shoes

Thats interresting

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1337nessCas
This sounds kinda coool

So in 2008 we can buy a car every week and recycle at the end of the week end going buy another car .. so we drive another car everyweek!

I think we will spare much money.. If the make a fuel you can drive the hole week with and then its out of fuel andthen you just recycle the car and get another car with one week fuel..
Thats sounds pretty dawm good !
So it like this week i where my Nike shoes, and the next week i wear my Adidas shoes

Thats interresting

Yes indeed, soudsn pretty cool. But i just hope it will come true ! :p
Yes yes, i think we actually will spare alot of money. but depends on it, Will they get expensive?
Sounds cool yeah.
Hehe, and about the shoes. Yes, i think it will be the same with the cars
But then again. Depends on the price of the cars éh?
but i dont think i'll throw my recycle car just in the carbage, and buy a new one i think..

- MB

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Didnt some guy have a dream about this? I think he was the polymer inventor. he said in the future his dream is to have car bodies made out of recycled pop bottles, then when the car is junk, make pop bottles. cant recall his name though.

Oh and to go slightly off topic, tennis courts are made out of old tennis shoes.

[edit on 4/30/2006 by Schmidt1989]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Men come online @ MSN !

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I will be interesting to see what Ford does.

Cars are pretty much recycled today and the only real improvement I can see is to get the environmentally degrading stuff out of the picture.
Lead-acid batteries etc., but even those are re-cycled.

We may be entering the era of the locked hood car.
Locked hoods were proposed by a politician a few years back.
The engine etc. only accessible by the dealer.

Politicians, you gotta love em.
They're so removed from the general populace that the things they recommend are hardly believable at times.

My favorite was when politics got interested in motorcycle safety.
One recommendation was that we put safety belts on motorcycles.

I'll not expand on that little bit, but I'm sure you can see the flaw there.

Prostitution is supposed to be the world's oldest profession, but I think politics is way out in front....

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
Didnt some guy have a dream about this? I think he was the polymer inventor. he said in the future his dream is to have car bodies made out of recycled pop bottles, then when the car is junk, make pop bottles. cant recall his name though.

What?? Whats the name of that ''guy'' ?
I think i have heard something about the ''recycled pop car'' thing from a friend.
But they're saying that these cars from Ford won't be made out of unstable weak materials. But lets go to the Polymer inventor dude, Whas he drunk or something?

Oh and to go slightly off topic, tennis courts are made out of old tennis shoes.

Furreal? Old tennis shoes..
Man! I won't be surprised if they made in the future humanoid clones with old socks !!

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1337nessCas
Men come online @ MSN !

haha! I am already online dipface

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

But they're saying that these cars from Ford won't be made out of unstable weak materials. But lets go to the Polymer inventor dude, Whas he drunk or something?

No just really old, lol....

They could use cross-link polyethylenes, which is a bottle cap, thats strong.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The Recyclable Vehicle is a novel concept but it makes me think Im getting a piece of trash. I can only imagine, Nice Ford! How much is that bad boy worth to the recycling center? lol, who knows!

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
I will be interesting to see what Ford does.

Cars are pretty much recycled today and the only real improvement I can see is to get the environmentally degrading stuff out of the picture.
Lead-acid batteries etc., but even those are re-cycled.

Yes, cars are recycled these days. But they use coal,oil and energy-sources to burn the steel, squash it etc. So i think Ford was aware of that. So they robably wanted something more enviroment-friendly

But they're saying that these Ford cars can easily be recycled by just the average people. But i'm still wondering.. What energy-source needs the car?
They're saying it's not bad for the enviroment. Maybe water?

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
We may be entering the era of the locked hood car.
Locked hoods were proposed by a politician a few years back.
The engine etc. only accessible by the dealer.

Politicians, you gotta love em.
They're so removed from the general populace that the things they recommend are hardly believable at times.

My favorite was when politics got interested in motorcycle safety.
One recommendation was that we put safety belts on motorcycles.

Prostitution is supposed to be the world's oldest profession, but I think politics is way out in front....

Hehe, Safety belts on motorcycles? I wonder how they're gonna do that!
Although it is save. But that means you're stuck to the motor. So if it suddenly explodes or you're almost crashing against a wall (happens alot in races these days) and you don't have enough time to get loose.. Well you know what happens

And about the ''locked hood'' thing. I don't know. Doesn't sound such a good idea to me.
What are those poiliticians up to next..

- MB

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
The Recyclable Vehicle is a novel concept but it makes me think Im getting a piece of trash. I can only imagine, Nice Ford! How much is that bad boy worth to the recycling center? lol, who knows!

Well, It could be a crappy car wich goes broke in a week.
Maybe thats why they're gonna be recycleable? I don't think so.
I think it will be something great. I atleast hope so..

Hehe

- MB

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   

No just really old, lol....

They could use cross-link polyethylenes, which is a bottle cap, thats strong.

lol

But i think they maybe will use cross-link polyethylenes, MAYBE just maybe
It does have some bad sides..
Who knows? It could be anything

- MB

join