It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral projection, or just a dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I've been reading for a while now about astral projection. It's something that, for various reasons, I feel like I really need to do. However, I haven't actually started trying yet, as I'm in the middle of law school exams, and I've heard that stress can prevent projection.

But I think I might have come close last night, without even trying! The thing is, I can't tell if it was real, or if it's just something I dreamed because it's been on my mind.

Here's what I remember. I (mentally) woke up and noticed my body vibrating. Thinking it might be the beginning of a projection, I focused on lifting up out of my body, but only my legs would lift. So instead, I focused on pulling on something in front of me, but just as I started to get out, my body awoke with a jerk.

Now I can't tell if it was real, or a dream. I've read that people can see while projecting, but I didn't see anything, just black. Also, the clarity of my memory isn't unusual, as I frequently remember my dreams very clearly.

Anyone have any ideas?

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It's sounds like my excersizes in trying to astral project. You feel a vibration and wierd things, but then your focus shifts and you lose it. I've never been able to astral project, despite multiple attempts and multiple periods of attempts.

Of course, this begs the question, is the phrase "Anyone can Astral Project" true? Or is it more like "Anyone can dream about Astral Projecting"?

Not to say it doesn't exist (since I know there's a LOT of people here who would fight to the death to say it does) - I'm just here to say that those of us who can't do it have to ask that question.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You could have also been experiencing sleep paralysis. You awake with your body buzzing, I have read of some cases where the sensible and super-sensible self are not entirely in tune on occasion explaining the buzzing feeling and the inability of you to move certain parts of your body and then suddenly lurching 'awake.' I am not sure why this occurs. However the buzzing sensation is also associated with astral projection, however since you were waking up I would at best say it was an unconscious OOBE.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
your body could be responding to
the SHUMAN RESONANCE

it's the earths vibration
some people are more
sensitive than others.
and it also may not be connected
I'm just speculating here.

I'd ask around , do a web search
on it and of course you'll need
to learn how to chill out

also , look for the river goddess thread
she has one on conscious oobe

I used to do it all the time as a kid
I don't "know" how I did it , it just happened.

HS

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Naw, an astral projection is done awake. It is like a dream in that you lose sense of reality for about 5 seconds and the trip seems like it takes a 1/4 hour to a couple hours. I get a headache just thinking about you vibrating.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Naw, an astral projection is done awake.

I beg to differ. Your body must completely fall asleep before you can project, although the mind is awake.

All dreams take place on the astral plane, but not all astral projections are dreams.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
You may of dreamt about astral projection, however when I had my first few OBEs, I didnt even know what astral projection or OBEs were. You'll definately know if you had a fully conscious OBE, there not easy to forget. I think the thing what takes you by suprise is how real they are compared to your average dream.

A lot of my OBEs start off in darkness but if you mentaly will your eyes open then you should gain vision. Apparently demanding to see works too but not for me.

HS

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What you describe Yarco is what is defined as lucid dreaming. From experience my astral projection took place while awake.

top topics

join