It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coyote Invasion?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
We have cayotes here just outside of Hyannis where i live, in fact the dissapearance of cats around here is tremendous now!!! But also, i have to tell you something amazing. The streets are being roamed by turkeys, yes, big fat turkeys!!!
This is the first year i have seen them travelling as a family all over the streets and neighborhoods!!!
This is really bizarre, imo. What next??

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert rat

Originally posted by sensfan
What really bugs me about this issue is that whenever a wild animal comes into contact with humans, attacks, or is menacing, it is tracked down and killed. No matter if it is coming into a town, or if the attack takes place in the wilderness, i.e. campers. What right do people have to kill an animal that is doing what animals do? You get too close to a bear with it's cub, it's going to attack. Then we track the bear and kill it. Doesn't make any sence to me!!! ARG.

I don't think coyotes attack people. Maybe a freak accident, but have never heard of it............too lazy to look up link.

[edit on 30-4-2006 by desert rat]

I think there's been more coyote attacks on humans than wolves, but it's still rare. I knew a woman who got bit by one in her own yard and needed rabies shots as a result. They have footage of an attack on youtube - it's only 34 second long but still scary stuff.

youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602
If multiple dog walker's have had problems, I would have to think there is a problem with the food source for the animals. Of course, the food might be why they are there in the first place.

Have these dog walkers stated that the animals were aggressive toward them?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The ones found rabid seem to be the biggest threat as far as aggressiveness. They do pack up and stalk walkers though. Warning have been issued on local news channels.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
twitchy,

The coyote in the first photo you posted looks like he could have mange.
We've always had coyotes out here in the desert, but it seems like there's a lot more of them. Not just one at a time, but packs of 10-20! They seem to be getting more aggressive too.

Weird animal behavior in my area

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11/1/2007 by MountainStar]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
They aren't native here according to the local game and wildlife people, supposedly a truckload of them were released malicously here in NC several years ago by some guy out in the Eastern part of the state, which sounded pretty far fetched to me. There's a local conspiracy theory going around here that the coyotes were released intentionally by Uncle Sam to deal with the Feral Cats that are cropping up in incredible numbers, have any of you guys heard anything similar?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I live in Twinsburg (Moved from South Hills - Old Brooklyn) right on the edge of a Preserve and we have tons of them. Saw a good many down in the river valley as well.

They're small-ish and essentially harmless. I've always had them flee the second they see me. My only complaint was that they would mess with your garbage if not well covered. Had to stop putting out the trash the night before because of the mess they'd make.

What scares me is the number of black bear sightings we're starting to get in my area.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Man is cancer, eating away at the land. If man not like coyote, man should stop eating away at land. Man ask for what man getting.

Amen. The thread title, "Coyote Invasion" is a typical human reaction...Coyotes are not invading our land, we are invading theirs.
I live in a fairly urban area 20 minutes outside of DC. I have at least one pack of coyotes that roam the woods behind my house. Some nights I can sit outside and listen to them bay back and for for a good hour.
There is no reason to harm these animals. No, don't let your dogs or cats roam free if there are coyotes around, but coyotes pose no threat to humans.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Just got back from a short drive out in the countryside.

I saw four big ol' coyotes during the drive. Two travelling together just outside of town. The other two were inside of town, though just barely...

Intelligent. Adaptable.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join