posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:21 PM
I have opinions about illegal immigration based on things I have heard but do not know if they are true. I also know for a fact how LEGAL and ILLEGAL
immigrents to this country are rapping it unchecked. So I want to know the facts in order to make a better argument either for or against illegal
immigrants being given amnesty.
1. Do LEGAL or ILLEGAL immigrants pay taxes, local, state federal, medicare, social security, or do they get a freebie for a certain amount of
2. Are illegal immigrants eligible for social programs such as food stamps, welfare, social security, low income housing.... etc
3. Are children of illegal immigrants who are born in this country automatically american citizens?
4. If an illigal immigrant commits a crime are they prosecuted and imprisoned in this country, prosecuted and deported ?
5. What are the requirements for becoming an American citizen?
6. What are the requirements to get a visa or permission to work or live in America? or in other words is it too hard for immigrants to get into this
7. Are there any other questions/answered that will help me understand this issue?