It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green scailed monkeys..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well, ill start off by saying i have limited information and NO proof, however i am interesting if anyone has heard about something similiar..?
My uncle and father were walking a long a beach in.. "south america" peru or equador i beleive.. and spotted a greenish scailed monkey run out of the ocean and than stop on the beach, town around and look at them, before running back into the ocean. i didnt beleive this story when my father told me as a child, but my uncle has confirmed it.. apparently theres some folk lore that such a creature taught a villiage in the general area that this was claimed to have happened.
If anyone has heard anything about this id greatly appreciate your input. thanks much
also! i almost forgot, my uncle later saw a dead one on a boat, the captain of the boat, one of my uncles friends said that they regularly found them, but never had found a live one, and have no clue what they were.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by klawsraught]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Money or Monkey?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
sorry about that, monkey lol.. been a long day/night.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hmm, sounds like a Kappa but they are Japanese. Methinks I'll do some digging......

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Hm.. Now you're saying a DEAD one.
And now it are monkeys.
I think they were ''mutants'' And im not saying it were those horrible 6 eyed tentacle beasts or something. But as you may know, These days there are ALOT of biochemical tests on monkeys. because they're the most closest ''family'' of us. Compared to all the other animals on the earth
So what i think is that. Somewere in a lab. They've testing biochemical technology or ''stuff'' on those poor monkeys. It occurs alot these days. And i think those poor monkeys died of poisoning from the chemicals and the tests they used on them. and MAYBE they even escaped from that ''lab''.
I know this sounds like some movie. But alot of movies have become reality over the past couple of years you know.
i think that happened. Not sure, but i think that happened.

- MB

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
this was in the early 60's.. not sure that they were doing such tests on monkeys in the jungles of south america..

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by klawsraught
this was in the early 60's.. not sure that they were doing such tests on monkeys in the jungles of south america..

And they're still doing it now. I have seen some videos of poor monkeys getting injection that were supposed to be a antidote for some desease. And i've also seen some Korean-ishh people forcing those monkeys to eat/swallow some pill or something.
It's all still happening..

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Fur hangs in clumps comming out of the water, especially if it grows in multiple directions.
As for the green fur, if the creature got a hold of water that came out of copper pipes, it's fur would be green...or it could be algae. There was fuss over a green furred cat, for a while. There was copper in the pipes.

join