It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh How Sweet It is! To be Rich, a Republican and White! Hmm?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotClever
And I reiterate; quit using rich, black men as examples. They do not represent the average African American. The common trait is 'rich'. Rich, white guys however, are much more likely to successfully 'buy' their justice.

It's a fact. Kobe admitted it, but tried to cover it up as consensual sex. Then he went out and bought a $5 million guilt ring for his wife. Nevertheles, he did exploit the woman because of his fame.Then used his rich lawyers to destroy her character. No wonder she didn't want to proceed.

And stop it with this "average" bs. Most white guys are not like Rush Limbaugh, either.

This thead title isn't racist....in fact, it is attempting to point out and expose a facet of racism.

The title is most definitely racist. As are some of the responses. The only "facet" it is able to sell is that rich white guys have better lawyers than the rest of us.

Well, so do rich black guys. But you don't want to talk about that, now do you, because it destroys your agenda.

[edit on 30-4-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite

Oh How Sweet It is! To be Rich, a Republican and White! Hmm?

[edit on 4/29/2006 by donwhite]

You're just jealous!

I am not a republican. Politically independent. I am white. The term 'rich' is subjective, but according to U.S. census data my household income and assets put me above the 90th percentile. Despite the census comparison, I consider myself middle class.

I got there by working hard, living within my means, and saving and investing for over 30 years. I do not feel guilty or ashamed. I do not support any political party or individual that tries to make me feel guilty or ashamed for my present financial status.

There is nothing illegal or unethical about using your assets to protect yourself or your family. You would do the same thing if you found yourself in a similar situation.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotClever
And I reiterate; quit using rich, black men as examples.
They do not represent the average African American.

Ohhh? And Rush represents the average white American??

This thread has a stench flowing from it that will stink the entire board up.

FACTS -
1 - Rush is a tool.
2 - There are some racist white people and there are some racist black people.
3 - Anyone who says differently hasn't taken a good look around
and is uneducated in matters of sociology.

The title - how sweet it is to be rich, republican and white ... that's
just troll bait. Hollyweird is full of rich white democrats and so is
business ... ask Soros and Ted Turner.

to this thread.

[edit on 4/30/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Only white people are actively racists. What do you want me to say?

Wow, you are a racist.

-- Boat

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I got there by working hard, living within my means, and saving and investing for over 30 years. I do not feel guilty or ashamed. I do not support any political party or individual that tries to make me feel guilty or ashamed for my present financial status.

There is nothing illegal or unethical about using your assets to protect yourself or your family. You would do the same thing if you found yourself in a similar situation.

I agree with you completely. You would use whatever means you could to protect your name and your family.

On another note Rush worked very hard to get where he is at, starting as a dJ and working his way up. Nothing was given to him. As to whether the allegations are correct, that is up to the courts, but there is no denying that this case is politically motivated.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
OK,

In my sociology class 2 semesters ago we did a chapter on racism. And we came to realize that racism is based on natural biases accentuated by an ideology. There are natural biases in humans. We have the inherint desire to be around our own kind as we see them physically. Though as we have progressed that has changed(not completely the desire is still there, to deny that it exists is dellusional). There is still racism though I dont believe it is as prevalent as it was 30, 20, or even 10 years ago. Maybe its where I'm living, at a very racially diverse college that has me seeing the situation this way. To say there is only racism in white folks as the most socially naive statement I have ever heard or read anywhere. It is inherint in all of us. Its the ideology that brings that racism to the forefront of our society. You can go on all you want about all whites being racist, but as a white person myself, I have much contempt for that statement. I have no animosity towards anyone because of their race, creed, sex, or age. To make such a broad statement only makes you look racist and ignorant to those who see the falicy in that statement, which seems to be most on this board so far.

DonWhite, when you made that statement you lost all respect I had for anything you have ever said on this board, as much as I usually disagree with you, as well as for yourself. To say that all whites are racist is like saying all blondes are stupid, its just another ignorant generalization.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

That is what I said. Made the more easy by being in Florida. Home of the hanging chad counters. Or non-counters.

Oh, the counters that consistently gave Gore MORE votes? It looks like if anything the results were tipped in his favor. The election was not fixed. But people who are against Bush have to come up with something, even if it's pure fiction.

Q. Tell me Super, do you say “black Democrat” as 2 words or as 1 word?

No. Do you say "Rich White Republican" as 1 word or three?

The Congresswoman was wrong. She compounded her first mistake by trying to blame the victim. But none of us is perfect and hindsight is always 20/20. On balance, she is a good congressperson.

So basically, Rush is making his issue seem like nothing and that's wrong, but your making the Congresswoman's issue seem like nothing is right? I'm sorry, but average people DON'T hit police officers.

I mentioned Rush had a 10 year contract @ $25 million a year.

Oh sorry, I didn't see that. You're right.

I said a sweetheart deal made in Heaven. Most of the time we do not treat druggies so lightly. Most of the time.

Oh come on, the guy got addicted by something he didn't do. That's why I think he got a good deal. He really was irresponsible by not getting enough treatment for his addiction, though.

She did not shop doctors. Which is a crime. She did not have controlled substance outside the original container. Which is a crime. She did not possess more than 30 days prescribed quantities of drugs. Which is a crime. A first offender in any other setting would receive a felony conviction, some time to serve, and a lengthy probationary period, plus the intrusive “test you anytime” laws.

The Congresswoman committed a simple assault. No injury. A misdemeanor. There is a difference, Supergeo.

Actually she didn't commit a simple assault. It was assault on a police officer. That IS a Federal (Capitol Police) felony.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Im a San Diego charger fan and just very recently, 2 black superstars on defense got arrested within one week of each other for punching police officers in the downtown gaslamp district. They are both wealthy black men, no charges have been brought yet and none seem to be coming so whats that say to you thread starter?

Train

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
No. I think donwhite is right in this case. Had Rush Limbaugh been Black, poor and unable to afford Roy Black, he would have been entrenched within the jail system with little or no rehabilitation. There is a difference on how the law treats Whites and people of color. And the Rush Limbaugh case is a glaring example of it right, front and center.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Had Rush Limbaugh been Black, poor and unable to afford Roy Black, he would have been entrenched within the jail system with little or no rehabilitation.

And that is where you are both wrong. Had Rush Limbaugh been poor, unable to afford top flight legal representation, and any race, creed, or color, he would have little or no chance of getting off as easy as he has so far.

This story isn't over, either. I will be interested to see how Rush does seeking counseling and overcoming his addiction. As I understand, he originally became addicted to painkillers as a result of a back injury. If he still suffers pain from that injury, he will need to find a way to deal with it without falling into the same trap of opiate addiction again.

The ongoing problems for Pete Doherty (the singer from Babyshambles) related to his alleged drug use may add some global perspective to this thread. Although I doubt he's a Republican, he is rich, white, and popular.

link

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Rush described Kurt Cobain as "a waste" in reference to his history of drug use after the singer killed himself, or whatever happened. Now look who's shuffling and oscillating pretending to be for personal rights and now claiming treatment instead of incarceration. Rush is like a kurt Cobain that never left mom's basement and set up a radio station with computers to fight the man. LOL.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
No, I am not wrong. It is sad when I see people try to use every excuse in the book to support "racial denial". Here are the examples:

1) "I'm White. But I'm not racist", some people say. Fine. Prove it. Be brave to examine the views of your entire race and admitthere have been occasions in which Whites have used the system to oppress others historically. Let's be frank. The system was built by White men--so White women are also amongst the oppressed as well. Furthermore, be courageous, study history, compare it to today's society and examine the issues that highlight these inequalities of "the system" that have subjugated others. donwhite, to his credit, has.

2)"But OJ, Kobe Bryant and Michael Jackson got off. They're rich and Black." True enough. But they are anomalies to the system of justice. But for most Black folk and other people of color, we get shafted by the system, stalked by police officers, and get our bags searched a couple of times more. And then, we get jerked out of cars and insulted by the police when all of a sudden the records show mistaken identity.

3)"All people from all walks of life if they are poor are denied justice". Yes, that's right. But that argument only goes so far. The White poor are treated differently than other people of color when it comes to conviction and prison time. In fact, White defendants are prone to get more lenient sentences than Black ones. It is the Black prisoners that end up getting the worst sentences and more prone to be sent to the Death Chamber.

In short, what donwhite did was expose facts that are blatantly apparent in the legal system. Sadly enough, it happens on a daily basis. And he's not being racist against his own color. He is bringing up issues that need to be dealt with inside the White community. And just because the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights act enabled all institutions to be open to everyone, does not mean that certain groups stop denying other groups full and equal access to those facilities. It still happens. There are cases every day.

To get rid of "racial denial" is to come face to face with with those issues. And, you have to really have to face yourself and others within your race and be able to accept the criticism. Then, when you do, only then you can understand the underlying issues that are at the crux of this argument.

But there's always a quicker way to understand the inequalities happening in society.

Put yourself in "Black Face" for a day and see how far you get with your attitudes. I wonder how you'd feel after the first White lady clutches her purse as you walk by. Or when the clerk keeps on watching you from over the counter to see if you steal something until you walk out of the store. I simply wonder.

However, I have not seen anyone bring up the issue of Mr. Cheney's shooting of his aquaintance. Now, if he weren't who he was, he would have been put into jail for attempted murder. But instead, he got off with paying a seven dollar fine from the Texas Fishing and Game Commission. How's that for justice?

[edit on 1-5-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006
1) "I'm White. But I'm not racist", some people say. Fine. Prove it. Be brave to examine the views of your entire race and admitthere have been occasions in which Whites have used the system to oppress others historically. Let's be frank. The system was built by White men--so White women are also amongst the oppressed as well. Furthermore, be courageous, study history, compare it to today's society and examine the issues that highlight these inequalities of "the system" that have subjugated others. donwhite, to his credit, has.

Why should those who say this proove it when you and a few others are asserting that because they are white they are racist. The burden of proof is on you and those who make the accuasations. Yes the system was built by white men and therefore does have bias, and this system we have now with all the social programs is there to help those who need it but in my opinion is what is keeping them down. Instead of giving handouts, our system should be set up to give incentive for you to bring yourself up and work hard, not for everything to be given to you. And that is what affirmative action(and other like programs do, perpetuate the current social situation), while not bad in its premise, its implementation will further keep minorities down in my opinion.

I have seen in this thread where people seem to immediately associate being a white conservative as being a racist. Nothing could be further from the truth. If you are against sterotyping of all kinds that comes with racism then you would throw this one out the door too, no? Why dont we look at the voting statistics on the Civil Rights Act of 1964. And you will see a higher percentage of Republicans voted for it in all chambers of congress than democrats did.

Voting Stats; Civil Rights Act of 1964

Oh but I guess it wont matter because to some folks here us white conservative southerners are all racist rednecks with low IQ's right?

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Whoa. Here I go again on yet another thread. I never said White people are racist. I didn't even bring up the fact of conservatism. So while you're making assumptions about what I said, you need to take a good look in the mirror and take a look at your accusations.

I agree with donwhite that these issues have to be brought up and discussed by others within the White Community. But no, the burden of proof is not on me. The burden of proof, if you are white, is on you.

You have to come face to face with your feelings and experiences regarding race. And you have to demonstrate that you understand the complexities of the situation. And you have to deal with the fact that racism happens daily. The simple acknowledgement alone can open up a lot of doors towards understanding exactly what the stakes are here.

But to simply say that you aren't racist while having the "blinders" on toward inequities in society, doesn't prove anything.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Whoa. Here I go again on yet another thread. I never said White people are racist. I didn't even bring up the fact of conservatism. So while you're making assumptions about what I said, you need to take a good look in the mirror and take a look at your accusations.

You didnt say it, but donwhite did. I should have clarified who/what I was addressing a bit better. If you are in complete agreement with what he is saying then you agree with this statement below. Yes or no?

Only white people are actively racists.

or what about this statement from another thread?
Why race is such a taboo subject

GOP equals Racists.

I agree with donwhite that these issues have to be brought up and discussed by others within the White Community. But no, the burden of proof is not on me. The burden of proof, if you are white, is on you.

So if you agree with donwhite on this, then when he said only whites are actively racist is it not the accuser who has to proove it? I believe thats how it works, if you make a statement here you better be ready to back it up. That is how it works here doesnt it?

But to simply say that you aren't racist while having the "blinders" on toward inequities in society, doesn't prove anything.

I have acknowledged those inequities in society if you read carefully, in a very broad manner in my last post. The system is skewed, I know this. And its getting worse with all of the social programs that perpetuate the situation. As I said before, our social programs should be geared toward helping those who need it get on their feet, not to give handouts as it only makes matters worse. If you want to solve the problems we have now we dont need to look to the past, but to remember so we dont repeat our mistakes. But we need to look to the future for the solutions.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Only white people are actively racists.

What an ignorant bunch of racist crap.

I guess all blacks are crack dealers

I guess all American Indians are drunks

I guess all Mexicans are lazy

I guess all Chinese own laundry mats

I guess all Irish are drunks....ok this one is true

What is TRULY sad is you probably dont even comprehend that your statement is JUST as racist as any of those I noted.

I know racist whites, blacks, asians, hispanics, etc.

There are racist fools in every group.....as this thread proves....LOL

what is really funny....there are more poor whites than all other groups put togather the last time I checked

[edit on 1-5-2006 by Amuk]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   

The burden of proof, if you are white, is on you.

That's crap.

White people have to prove that they are innocent of
being racist, but black people automatically are innocent and have
to be proven to be racist?

THAT is racist!

This thread is STILL full of ignorance and

[edit on 5/1/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

2)"But OJ, Kobe Bryant and Michael Jackson got off. They're rich and Black." True enough. But they are anomalies to the system of justice.

OMG, thank you. That is exactly what I've been trying to say. Those examples are statistically aberrant.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This is probably the most ignorant thread i have read here on ATS.

Question; Rich white democrats are ammune to this?

Answer; Chappaquidic Ted.

This is worse than the thread on the queen being reptillian.

Moderators, please close this one.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

There is a difference on how the law treats Whites and people of color.

Yes. Blacks get it easier. Why? Because they can play the race card no matter the situation. White people can't. You guys need to get caught up. The government isn't out to prosecute blacks and leave whites alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join