It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to Britons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Hello. I would like to join the Navy

Yes, I know that it sounds funny, but Id really like to join the Navy - as a Steward. My question is: does the fact that Im not a British nor Irish nor Commonwealth citizen (Im a Polish citizen) mean that Im not allowed to join? Ive visited the website of the Navy, but despite this I still dont know if the fact that Im not a British citizen yet means that Im disallowed to join.

Please tell me if I can join or not.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
well logicaly i would guess that you couldnt join any of the defence forces if you weren't a citizen. but i wouldn't know.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by funny_pom
well logicaly i would guess that you couldnt join any of the defence forces if you weren't a citizen. but i wouldn't know.

The question is directed to Britons who DO know.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Nationality

British, Irish and Commonwealth citizens may join the Royal Navy or Royal Marines. However, certain career paths are only available to British citizens. See the link below for details.

And furthermore

In addition, whether or not you are of UK origin, you should i(normally) have resided in the UK for a minimum of three years immediately prior to making an application. In certain circumstances, particularly when an applicant is of UK origin, or the country of residence is one where security checks can be carried out, a shorter period of residence may be accepted.

from www.royal-navy.mod.uk...

Zibi looks like your best oppoutunity is to move to Britain (if you are not already here) it should be easier now Poland is in the EU and after living here for 3 years try and apply then.

join