It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the most convincing proofs that aliens exist?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The Betty Hill case is a pretty strong example, I'm not sure if anyone or anything ever did fully discredit their story validly.

I'm pretty sure it's still a strong case.

When looking...

..at the past, sightings, accounts, they all tell tales of E.T. but nothing more, it doesn't occur often enough numerously across the world - often enough to make even skeptics ask questions about the nature of what's going on - so it stays as thus - just tales.

However, when taking a look at such enigmas such as 1) how the Nazca lines were created the way they were, 2) Crop circles of massive size, with complicated geometic figures 3) the fact that the issue doesn't bode very well with politicians and 4)** the nature of humans in general - you see out of this world wonders of how and why - just makes you think if other things are indeed out there like E.T.

**To take 4 farther, more in depth rather, I'm talking the general nature of the human being. Our deep expanse of learning capabilities, our spiritual well-beings, our voice box, our gift of asking "why are we here..", how much we conquer the world and what we can create.. and yet at the same time destroy, how we've evolved so far, and into few species. With my personal opinion, this is not rather the work of evolution for many questions stem from that possibility, and from the work of God, lots of questions arise there. I feel however, due to how we are, and how advanced ahead of all biological entities on this Earth, we were put here by a presence of being outside this world - Could it be by the work of E.T.? God? We may never know - haha, however, I tend to lean towards the E.T. scenario.

[edit on 5/4/2006 by Masisoar]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar
The Betty Hill case is a pretty strong example.

Wasn't most of that case obtained by hypnosis? And isn't that a not-highly-regarded way of obtaining info outside of of this UFOlogy community?

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by longhaircowboy
Couldn't the fact that we exist be proof of a sort that there are likely other sentient life out there? Wouldn't it follow that if life exists at all it might exist elsewhere?

Nope. Not statistically or logically. If you're flipping a typical two-sided coin, and it lands heads-up, you can maybe figure on heads coming up again sometime if you flip the coin enough. And you can figure it'll come up about half the time.

Now, if you imagine a coin that had as many sides to it as ALL the events that happened that allow us to exist on this planet, along with ALL the events that would NOT allow us to exist, then there's no saying that it would ever land "heads-up" again if you flipped it from now until the end of the Universe. It just might be too improbable to happen again, even given what would seem to be an INFINITE number of coin tosses. Because it's not really infinite. The Universe will eventually expand out to nothing, with its energy drifting back into virtuality, and the coin tosses will be over.

But, again, that's a philosophical way of looking at it. The real proof, as they say, is in the pudding. And so far we're all the pudding we know for sure. The odds of life existing in the Universe at the moment are 1:1, because we exist. The odds of other life existing in the Universe is incalculable, but has as much chance of being 0:1 as it does of being 1:1.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sophismata

Originally posted by Masisoar
The Betty Hill case is a pretty strong example.

Wasn't most of that case obtained by hypnosis? And isn't that a not-highly-regarded way of obtaining info outside of of this UFOlogy community?

It's a lousy way to get decent, reliable information.
Add to that the complete lack of documented and examinable physical evidence, and the case is just another wild story.

[edit on 4-5-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I found the star chart she made pretty profound, but if you can debunk that reasonably with facts, I'd like to see your side.

[edit on 5/4/2006 by Masisoar]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Confusion. The question referred to aliens not UFOs. While some people will say they are one and the same I refuse to narrow my mind that much.
Let's discard abduction experiences from the discussion since there is a likely organic explanation(see Dr. Michael Persingers work).
I investigate UFOs not aliens. I don't asssume any explanation when I do a field study. I think people who look at the UFO phenomena with an alien bent start off badly. The way to the truth is keeping an open mind and not starting with some preconcieved notion or idealogical filter or prejudice.
I consider alien life to be likely. Can I prove it? Nope.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I beleive ET exists but they certainly would not come here. If there is proof of life on other worlds we have not found it yet out of all the planets we have been discovering. most planets we find are gas giants and only a few extra solar planets are rocky like ours. this puts the odds so far hundreds to one. If we do eventually find life we are more likely to find bacteria and other micro organizms. Logic indicates life elseware we are living beings and exist again'st the odds and the universe is a huge place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join