It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the most convincing proofs that aliens exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If aliens don't exist; why all the disinformation, secrets, blacked out pages, run around with the FOIA, intimadation of witnesses etc.

If the governments have nothing to hide; why act like there is?

This alone is enough to convince me of proof that aliens exist.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by onbekend59
The most convincing proof to me has to be the Belgian triangle sightings in 1989-90 where loads of witnesses saw the ufo's.The Belgian government cooperated fully with civilian UFO investigators, an action without precedent in the history of government involvement in this field.They also released the story about f-16's that where send to intercept the ufo's.In three cases the pilots managed to get their radar locked on the object, with the immediate result that the object's behavior drastically changed. The object literally played hide and seek with the fighters. It dived toward the ground to evade the airborne and ground radars. Then it climbed back into radar range in a liesurely manner, thus initiating a new chase.

The way and speed of how this object was manuevering makes me believe that this was not a man made fighter jet of that time.Considering all the info on this case i am almost 100% sure that these triangle shaped objects where in fact of alien origin.

I live in Belgium myself and can confirm for these events to have happened, the media where all over it at that time.

Check this link for all the information about this particular case.

So true. The Belgium stuff was a hoot back then. SOBEPS documented almost everything. They still believe the triangle was a U.S. machine.

Dallas

[edit on 3-5-2006 by Dallas]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Ohh, there's plenty to hide. But none of it involves visitation by extraterrestrial intelligence. IMO.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
There is a conspiracy and it does involve ET kind of.

They are not hiding ET from the public however they do act like they do. Why well first of all they needed a cover for the advanced propulsion systems they have been developing behind closed doors. Next it keeps enemies at bay this works by using fear of ET technological reverse engineering or some sort of deal with ET. The truth is there aren't aliens on Earth like some claim.

The goals are quite clear it is just most people who genuinly beleive in ET are quite impressionable. While America and Russia snatched up all the most brilliant minds in the world and started developing technologies they needed a cover.

If people beleived that aliens were somehow working with the US or had recovered an alien craft then enemies and rogue governments would fear them. It all started really though with the original War of The Worlds broadcast on the Radio. This was a test to see how people would react when faced with alien invasion etc.

Then in the next decade Roswell happened and the first press release had said the government told them they had infact recovered a UFO but then later changed the story. They changed the story to make people suspitious of the official story "weather balloons". This event was an overwhlming success and snowed a lot of people into beleiving there was a genuine ET conspiracy.

Also the placement of government agents in the UFO communty was a big help as well. The military personell who talk of such things to try and lend credability to the ET movement have been successful as plants. The thing about massive psy op programs is you don't know it's a psy op.

It is quite obvious the whole ET conspiracy is a psy-op.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well Doc, I think you're right, to a degree. I don't think the WOTW radio broadcast was a psy op. I think sometimes things happen which cause people to draw their own conclusions that the PTB have no reason to correct.

I don't think the whole UFO community is a psy op. But I do think that it frequently plays into the hands of what the PTB want us to believe. They don't need to manufacture stories. They just need to allow things to run their natural course which generally ends up being exactly what They want. Maybe.

[edit on 5/4/2006 by yeahright]

Originally posted by Whaaa This alone is enough to convince me of proof that aliens exist.

Works pretty good, doesn't it?

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Cases like Rendalsham forrest and Roswell wer infact psy-ops. It is stories like these that keep people going. War of the worlds 38 was a primer for things ahead look at the battle of Los Angeles in 42 later then in Roswell 47.....

One after another and with every psy-op more people seem to follow. these days it would be hhard to hoax something like the War of the Worlds and it is because of mass communication we have video, internet and television.

Think about it this way if you were a leader of a country but you were seeing all these things in the news like Roswell and then chatter that indicated that your opposition had reversed engineered technology from a recovered ET craft would you attack or would you just ask your self if it is worth becoming a smoking hole in the ground.

Also I have noticed an evolution in UFO phenomenon influenced by none other then hollywood. This is the fact that when people supposedly see aliens they have changed over the years from insectoids to humanoid reptiles. whats funny is now we are seeing the same thing happen with some individuals who get over inspired from movies like the matrix. I have seen threads on this board from people claiming what the movie does except that it's not machines it's aliens.

Psy-ops work or hey would not use them WOTW for instance was great the Radio Project funded by Rockefeller for CBS collected Data on the 38 broadcast and that was 25% of all who listened truely beleived it was real. Hell there was a buttload of panic as well. People really haven't changed a whole lot over the years infact there are more beleivers then ever.

The ex-military people who supposedly say we have this. Add fuel to the conspiracy and web-sites run rampant with rumors and wild speculation fueled by these individuals. Then you have guys like David Icke who seen this as an oppourtunity to capitalize on the Idea of ET and further fuel the ET movement with false information.

It makes sense that the UFO psy-op went to far and people took this Idea and ran with it and still do and in the times ahead I doubt this will change. the government is not lying when they say we have no alien craft.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
We do not know if aliens exist or not. There is no evidence whatsoever for either case. Personal testimonies don't count, because many people have the ability to see images out of thin air. All videos are fake. Ancient drawings/hieroglyphics can always portrait something else and not spaceships/astronauts. Sightings can never be proven to have happened or not be weather balloons or secret aircraft. There is no secrecy/misinformation from the government. Men in black do not exist. Area 51 was a military base.

It's funny how badly people want to believe...

[edit on 4-5-2006 by masterp]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
... and my name is Kermit and I'm a big hairy frog.

Wayne...

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MADtank

There is no single UFO case or collection of cases that definitively prove the existence of extraterrestrial intelligences. None. Even abductee/contactee cases where the "aliens" come right out and say that they are from another planet don't count. Hey, who says aliens can't lie?

The most convincing argument in favor of extraterrestrial life is the sheer number of people from all walks of life, including aircraft experts and trained observers, who have reported seeing or experiencing or something so extraordinary that it can't be explained as anything generally known on Earth.

After a certain point, it becomes difficult, if not downright ridiculous, to try and say that every one of these cases involved a misidentification, delusion, or deliberate hoax.

Now, these don't necessarily prove the existence of "aliens," defined as intelligent, physical creatures visiting from another planet. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. Other possible explanations include physical thought projections, manifestations of a higher, non-physical intelligence, living beings from other dimensions and times, etc. The lack and disappearance of good evidence strongly suggests a time travel component, but how would you prove such a thing?

Researcher Jacque Vallee, who worked for a while with J. Alan Hynek, did a meta-study of UFO sightings and observations and came to suspect that these things may be the manifestations of some kind of "guiding organization" that is slowly prodding us intellectually and technologically forward. His evidence was that "waves" of sightings follow the same patterns as teaching curves, and that UFOs are generally only slightly more technologically advanced than we are, maybe only a few decades sometimes, which is odd considering they could be millions of years ahead of us.

Anyway, that's where it stands at the moment. But you'll never see a TV show that just talks about the huge numbers. It's not as exciting as sexy alien abductions and flying saucers.

[edit on 4-5-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
If aliens don't exist; why all the disinformation, secrets, blacked out pages, run around with the FOIA, intimadation of witnesses etc.

To keep the focus of the real things of course. Secret projects doing other kinds of stuff for instance.

Personally, I believe in ET's, but I dont believe in them visiting our planet..

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
So maybe the real question shoudl have a part B:
Where's the convincing evidence aliens don't exist?
I have yet to see anything that would prove to me that it's not probable nor possible.
As a matter of fact the more I look for it the less I see.
It's always something like- 'it's a ballon, swamp gas, planet, pelican, meteor, etc. Now some of these theories are easy to check, especially the astronomical ones. I use HNSKY for astronomy and Cartes du Ciel for charting. They're both free downloads and contain plenty of free updates. All you need are some basic coordinates and you can plot the sky anywhere. You can track satellites too.
Even if you can explain 9 out of 10 sightings there's still one left there.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The sense to know the other five senses is the sixth.Do aliens exist?To even imagine or begin thinking about eternity or immortallity in itself is alien to the nature we now exist within.To comprehend the last number in the constant flow beginning from one to the last one.Common sense would reveal that no matter how far away the endless point is relative to the first point,an extension of the One and only,yet a unique individual in itself knowing that it is one of its kind in the family of All.If one does not know ones place where ever that one should be.That one is alien to its own world ,alien even to ones self.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
The most convincing argument in favor of extraterrestrial life is the sheer number of people from all walks of life, including aircraft experts and trained observers, who have reported seeing or experiencing or something so extraordinary that it can't be explained as anything generally known on Earth.

I can almost buy this. Honestly, it's the only thing keeping me interested in this topic at all (or hopeful for it). BUT (and it's a big but. no jokes please..) I'm not sure if large numbers really cuts it.

Why? Well, there's even HUGER numbers of folks than UFOers who believe a particular religion is true (christianity). Sometimes they've even had experiences that they claim to point to this truth. What's the problem with their claim? Well, an even huger number of people believe in a different religion altogether (Buddhism, for example).

So, I'm not sure a headcount of experiencers is all that great. It's certainly interesting, though and it DOES make this something we need to look into.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The point is the meak state of mind with humble obedience.Every form in this creation is an expression for the need of fellowship.So whether the first or last God is Truely All in All.
Did you know that Nothing for whatever it is,is not even proven to exist.In a expanse of something nothing seems to only portray itself on the elements or principals of reality that provide the occassion to do so.Yet nothing in itself is really nothing at all

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Mods (if you're listening), is Hebrewsect a bot? I'm quite serious.

I'm putting "it" on ignore...

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by longhaircowboy
So maybe the real question shoudl have a part B:
Where's the convincing evidence aliens don't exist?

Of course, it's tough to prove a negative, since we can't exactly know if we've explored all the possible negative proofs. We don't get radio messages, but how do we know we're just not listening correctly?

The overwhelmingly vast distances and overall hostile nature of space (chock full of destructive radiation), along with the wildly improbable events that happened to allow our own survival and development make it relatively easy to say there's no aliens out there. Had we been a tiny bit closer to the Sun, or had the Sun been a little different, if we didn't have a large Moon, if the planet was volcanically dead, if we didn't have a lot of water, etc., etc., we would have never made it. What are the odds that a similar set of weird coincidences and circumstances would be repeated elsewhere? Incalculable.

And of course, there's the good old Fermi Paradox that says given the size and age of the Universe, we should have been contacted by now by somebody, even if they can't bust the lightspeed barrier. And who knows? Maybe we have. The notion of an advanced race seeding planets with tough bacteria is a good one. Whatever little zippy space pod found Earth and dumped a load of bacteria on it (which eventually evolved into US), would be long gone by now. But all that is just speculation.

The most obvious proof that there are no aliens is their lack of obvious presence. In other words, they ain't here. And just because they MIGHT exist somewhere out there in space doesn't mean they really DO. We sure don't have any little speck of evidence to indicate there's any life out there. Just a lot of imaginative theories, like the Drake Equation. But you know the lower limit of the Drake Equation is zero. Zip. Zilch. At the moment, we're the only game in town that we know of, and there's no indication of any other.

It's not a good proof of alien non-existence. It's more of a tentative conclusion based on the best available evidence.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I think your gettin a bit off track here.
I think the OP is lookin for something concrete as opposed to phillisophical.
Just my guess.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sophismata

Originally posted by Enkidu

I can almost buy this. Honestly, it's the only thing keeping me interested in this topic at all (or hopeful for it). BUT (and it's a big but. no jokes please..) I'm not sure if large numbers really cuts it.

No, numbers are not proof of anything, although there is a difference between the number of people who report an experience and the number of people who BELIEVE in something, like life after death or Jesus H. Christ. I think it also helps that a large range of people report these things. They're not all being reported by Star Trek geeks, for instance. Over and over you hear many people say that they didn't accept the existence of UFOs/aliens until their personal experience, and many of them wish in some way that they hadn't seen what they did. So the reporting cuts across all classifications and inclinations of people, which gives it a bit more weight.

But you're right. Numbers alone don't qualify as proof, which is okay.

Scientific investigation always starts with a subjective impression and personal choice that something might be worth looking into. As time goes by, hypotheses are developed and tested, and after a while the investigations get more refined. People have really only been seriously studying this stuff for around 50 years. Not long at all. We're still in the process of defining what we're even talking about. Maybe after a while we'll have something a little more to sink our teeth into.

Or not.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Enkidu- ignore the above post it was directed at Hebrewsect. Re your post, I say well said. But(you knew that was comin) couldn't the fact that we exist be proof of a sort that there are likely other sentient life out there? Wouldn't it follow that if life exists at all it might exist elsewhere?
I find it incomprehensible that life only exists here.
On the other hand I haven't seen anything to suggest beyond a reasonable doubt that we have indeed been visited by some intelligent spacefarers.
But I'll keep lookin no matter who thinks I'm a nut.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by longhaircowboy
I think your gettin a bit off track here.
I think the OP is lookin for something concrete as opposed to phillisophical.
Just my guess.

There ain't none. Of all the thousands of sightings reports and photos and eyewitness accounts I've seen and read over the past 40 years or so, NONE of them even come close to proving aliens exist. They just don't. They all have serious flaws, most often a lack of solid, tangible evidence.

They're interesting, though. They make you think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join