It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Class C Drugs Found At Defense Secretary John Reids House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   

A small quantity of a Class C drug has been found at the Scotland home of the Defence Secretary John Reid, the Ministry of Defence has confirmed.
Original Source

This is surely another damaging revelation for the Labour Government, and shows they are on their way out, although the original source says the drugs were thought to have been there before he moved in.

If they do turn out to be his, the government really does have problems, this joined with John Prescotts affair, and Home Secretary Charles Clarke not deporting foreign nationals who have committed serious crimes.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

mod edit:

Quote Reference (review link)
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ** (review link)

[edit on 29-4-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I dont think this is too bad for the government, embarrasing yes but i dont think any heads are going to roll.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspirator_101
This is surely another damaging revelation for the Labour Government, and shows they are on their way out, although the original source says the drugs were thought to have been there before he moved in.

- If anyone honestly thinks the sky is going to fall in on the Labour government because of this -

A small quantity of cannabis resin has been found at the Scottish home of Defence Secretary John Reid.
Police are to take no action over the discovery, made during a security sweep of the property in Lanarkshire, since it was unclear who had owned it.

Sources close to Mr Reid said the cannabis - worth less than £1 - was found in a guest area and could have been there for up to 20 years........

.......Sources close to the minister, who after boundary changes is now MP for Airdrie and Shotts, said the drugs could have been in the house for as long as 20 years, during which time "hundreds of people" had been through the house.

news.bbc.co.uk...

- then I think a major reality check is seriously required.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   

the cannabis - worth less than £1 - was found in a guest area and could have been there for up to 20 years........

that is not the point, its still a Class C Drug..

of course, this is not going to be the "final nail",

the Home Office crisis can be the downfail if more of the missing criminals commit crimes (plus the fact the home office can be sued by the victims, even Clarkey himself)

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It's almost 7pm here now. I've watched the 6 o'clock news on BBC1 and Channel 4 news is coming to an end. So far there has been no mention of this incident. I'm guessing the media have their hands full at the moment.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
yeah, media are focusing on more important things...

like Chelsea winning the league! *celebrates*

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

yeah, media are focusing on more important things...

LOL you can have the title, we've won that plenty of times. We're gonna win the Champions league

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It was probably planted by Rupert Murdoch's press which controls: The Sun, Star, News of the World and Times.
Ether that it was probably planted by a rival or possibly a rather forgetful member of the LibDims.

That said John Reid does look like a druggy. But I reckon it would have to be class A not C. How about coc aine? Or even heroin from Afghanistan? Now I get why they sent all those extra British troops over there.

But of course like all good drugs stories what we really need is a urine test. Maybe Tony Blair should conduct it in public as one of his gimmicks to restore public trust in politics?

Or maybe Reid should check with Charles Clark to make sure there haven't been any illegal immigrants working as staff? (Not to mention the possibility of killers). Talk of politics being ruthless!!!

Seriously though, this does sound like quite a stupid Daily Mail story unless of course we get can get a drug test. Then granted it would be a big thing (not the drug of course it would probably loose popularity).
And maybe this would be a good thing for all MP's as once I read that a few years ago they had discovered coc aine in the Westminster toilets (and that's no joke). What is; is how in light of that I still wonder why certain politicians (like Tony Blair) always seem so confident. I mean what else would be the purpose of coke? (To make you think you’re serving country? Or that “things can only get better”?) Now that's drugs talk for you!! Which is the problem with almost all drugs (they put you in a delusional reality).

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The only 'high profile' people in British politics at the moment with any real drug connection are coke boy Cameron and his understudy Osbourne in the tory party (a subject 'our' media wouldn't touch with a barge pole).

Finding 80p's worth of cannabis resin at a house which has seen people troop in and out literally in their hundreds pales by comparison.

(BTW "John Reid does look like a druggy".......what, tea, coffee, whiskey?!

......and lastly, if you honestly think it is "delusional" and that 'things did not get better' I'd just like to ask how old are you?
Cos if you honestly think the last 9yrs have been, generally speaking and for most, 'worse' than what went before then I suspect you have little or no clue about what you are talking about. )

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have to disagree with you sminkey pinkey about John Reid only looking like someone who would do tea, cofee, whiskey (that's my frail grandmother) not a meat ball who would make a great night club bouncer.

It's interesting about Cameron doing harder drugs. I bet its true but the fact he's not in Rehab says one of two things to me...
1. He's got a very strong character (disciplin, dedication or other such things)
2. He should be but you don't need much to become the leader of a major political party.

Sad case Charles Kennedy would seem to be proof of that. He must have been pissed to go public over his drinks problem (or at least over what happend next).
Oh well all these people nearly-wasted because of drugs (or to make quite another point because of what they did at school!!!).

And of course its not just the druggies that suffer. Its the political organisations around them as well. I mean look at the Lib Dems they now have an old man as their leader. And yes whilst he really does look someone who would only do tea and coffee its hardly good for a political party that tries to attract the young vote.

That said the Lib Dems did make some gains in the council election. However I prefer to think that's more to do with Labour loosing than the other parties winning.

top topics

join