It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sequencial (S/P) Numbers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Greetings all, now I know I have seen this here a few times but as of late I have been seeing quite a few sequencial numbers ranging from 1:11-12:12 and everything in between, sometimes I just feel compeled to look at a clock and sure enough it's a sequencial number. This happens far to often to be a coincidence and I am not "Wanting" it to happen.

Any Ideas?

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I think the subconcious recognizes the patterns out of the corner of the eye, usually 11:11 or 1:11. 1:41, 4:11, etc. for me. The mind quickly recognizes these patterns, and attention shifts to the clock or whatever. Anything that would cause you to shift attention that the mind can recognize like that, should cause you to look, if you didn't already wonder what time it is.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Yeah, it's a totally subconscious thing that your mind does on its own - whether you really want it to or not.

It was only after I had seen a lot of posts on it here that I started NOTICING the number everywhere.

You're always seeing it, but it's only important when you notice it. For you, because you've become "sensitized" to the number sequence, you notice it more often.

For me it was also the number 42. After reading The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, I started noticing the number 42 start appearing everywhere. It wasn't that it was, it was just that I'd notice that particle string of numbers more often.

WORST example was when (as a Canadian) I noticed how many times I said "eh". Once I started noticing, I started to stop saying it. It freaked me out because I felt like I had lost part of myself! It wasn't untill I forced myself to stop noticing (just as I've done for 11:11) that I was able to just say it as part of my normal vocabulary again.

Obviously I don't type it as often though...

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Indeed, it may well be subconcious indeed, and I know all about the eh! thing being a Canadian as well. I was just wondering if it had any special meaning and I guess it's just my mind playing tricks on me again as it is 12:22 as I type this lol.

top topics

join