It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics: My Speech

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

PODcast: My Speech
My Speech I wrote.

length: 05:39
file: ptspod_1699.mp3
size: 5299k
feed: pts

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
its hard to sound politically correct and such when your use to slang and street talk lol. I wrote it and recorded it in about an hour and a half. Tell me what you think of it.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Really great!

Full of truth!

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
You get my last Way Above for the month.

Wonderful speech! I hope you have it published. More should be hearing it!

Bravo!

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
thanks, but what do you mean published?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Send it to an on-line magazine or a paper magazine, a political publication of some type to have it printed for people to read or listen to. You know, get it out there.

It could be a letter to the editor, and op/ed piece.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
im not sure where i would send it though, any ideas?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Nice job! Congratulations! There's a lot of fire and passion in your speech, and you articulate it very well.

Thanks for posting it.

Baack

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
thanks for the support. Im still wondering where you suggested to send this to.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I think it sounded realy good,
I wanted to save it to my pc, but it wouldn't let me.
You didn't screw up once. nice job

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
thanks for the feedback, i appriciate it.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
thanks for the support. Im still wondering where you suggested to send this to.

Good stuff.

I´d suggest sending your transcript with accompanying letter (email) here:

Greg Palast
Peter Phillips of Project Censored
Bob Park of the University of Maryland

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
OnLine Political Magazines
Internet Radio
Progressive Blend

Just look around. Use Google to look up magazines or political radio shows and PODcasts.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
You have a nice televangelist pastor voice. And now for the bad part...

Too bad that corporations are the reason you are able to get your message out worldwide right now. Due to Globalization, people are working hard for slave wages making the computer you posted this message on (so you don't have to pay $18,000 for it), and people are working 50 hour weeks so that you can have a working Internet connection and a site to post on. The industrial revolution is a two edged sword. On one hand, it greatly improved living conditions. On the other hand, it makes you a slave to companies and makes you work hard for that lifestyle.

You are too small to make a difference in a system that has been building corruption upon corruption since it's foundation.

Unfortunately big corporations have gotten so big that they rule the world. The only way that people can stop them is to stop shopping at Wal-Mart and eating sugar-filled foods. And people are too weak for that.

People like to speak about change, but not enough have the guts or strength to actually act on it.

About the only thing you can do to make all people equal is to put communism in power. America isn't a democracy, it's a republic. You think you have the power, but you don't have squat. No matter who you elect, they will be working for the same people. And you will never raise the millions you need to campaign yourself and make a difference. Freedom is dead.

Unfortunately every time I try to secure my own freedom, people tell me that I'm ruining the freedom of others. Or being politically incorrect. Or being illogical.

So make your choice... do you want to keep living like this, or do you want to overthrow all of our business enterprise and go back to self-supporting farming, and working 24 hours a day just to stay alive? Because the system you live in now will not exist without a hard-working, exploited middle class.

The only way to take corporations down is to completely ignore them and buy nothing from them until they go into bankruptcy. But since they supply essentially everything you want and need, that could be hard. Plus even if you take a corporation down, a nice innocent small business will just grow in it's place and soon mutate into another world-dominating corporation. There is no escaping successful business enterprising.

The system benefits me. Rest assured, I will make a difference. I will make the difference that best supports me and gets me to the top of the food chain, even if that means climbing over other people or even pushing them down. I am the worst of humanity. I am greed. I am corruption. I am modern society.

You can either get aboard for the ride, or work your butt off so that someone else can. C'mon... I'll give you a nice cushy job to keep your mouth shut. All it takes is sitting by and watching your little friends suffer

What are you going to do to stop me?

Proletariat vs. Bourgeoisie, baby.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
what will i do? speak what i have to say. If the people decide to live this well then they have choosen their fate. If they say, i want this system more, well then they dont deserve freedom.

people dont have enough leadership. Had you said they werent strong enough back when this country was founded, they would have laughed in your face. Americas creation isnt the first time a people have united and left an opressive government, and i can garentee it wont be the last.

Equal chance and making people equal all their lives are two different things. No child should be damned at birth for the decisions their parents made, yet this is how it works. The system is made for the rich families.

freedom cannot die, for like terrorism, it is an ideal that lives in the minds of the opressed. No idea can ever die, for it will find birth in the mind who wishes to have choice. All people crave choice, and to have choice is to be free.

You need not overthrow this system, but keep it in check. You go from one extreme to another as though unity cannot exist. We must all support ourselves, or exploit all who arent at the top. You dont believe that the system can thrive without such. It is in the unity of the people which such a system can be controlled. You say we must have either a system out of control or no system at all. I say we have a controlled system, and we control it. This system will exist without such exploitation, but not without sacrifice. Once we sacrifice now, our children can hold control of their system.

Its not what im willing to do to stop you, its what 200 million people are willing to do to stop you. There is such thing as stopping a growing business, but not without unity. They divided us on every front before they took our country. First we had to become the Divided States Of America in order for such a system to be created. You cant create a system like this until the people arent willing to say no in one voice.

Your right though, right now the sacrifice has grown more then just the time it takes to say no. It has become a major sacrifice, and it continues to grow. The more it grows the less things seem to change, because if you look back to before we built this country, it will have been the same. We didnt break away to form this nation to become everything it is against.

no government or business, or army, has control over the masses unless the masses says it does. Without us the government cannot exist, without us there can be no laws, without us there can be no profits. We say what does or does happen, and right now we are saying you can control us. Its time we change that though.

The only logical thing to do is work as a society. You say we must work for ourselves, or have a massive system. You have never heard of a community then. This is a society of unity, true unity. Have you ever worked on an assembly line? You realize why these worked so well dont you? If you dont look it up. Our society must become an assembly line. If one person slacks, the whole community suffers from that. The more your willing to work, the more ALL benefit. To benefit, you dont require nearly as much work. Our own personal greed gets in the way though. We dont bother to see benefits in the end.

your lifestyle is determind by how much your community does, not a set amount, or job. such an assembly line works, since we have seen it before used in businesses. You just have to get the people to realize that instead of working 10X as hard for themselves, they could work as a group specializing and benefit more. We are people who look into the immediate future, we never look farther. We are nearsighted people, only looking for the immediate goal. If we wish to live free and live a life where all benefit, we must look farther then our own noses.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I don't want society to work like assembly lines. People are slow and stupid. I can do much better working by myself than participating in sub-par teamwork. Because there will always be freeloaders and slackers in society that don't carry their part of the burden.

I don't like the concept of "all people being created equal." When a guy in a wheelchair can outrun me, I'll believe it.

People are funny animals. While we should be doing exactly what you say, as well as raising taxes and cutting spending, but people would rather vote for the guy that's going to put an extra $100 in their pocket and secretly put them deeper in debt.

Had you said they werent strong enough back when this country was founded, they would have laughed in your face.

I agree. But then and now are very different times. Now people are just lazy swine. Myself included

Americas creation isnt the first time a people have united and left an opressive government, and i can garentee it wont be the last.

I would be willing to bet that in the coming decades, America is going to fall into obscurity just like the British and Roman Empires did.

No child should be damned at birth for the decisions their parents made, yet this is how it works. The system is made for the rich families.

Stop letting poor people procreate then? *shrug* (Joke, don't flip out, hippies)

The only logical thing to do is work as a society. You say we must work for ourselves, or have a massive system. You have never heard of a community then. This is a society of unity, true unity.

As I said before,
Communism

It works good in theory. All you have to do is work out all of the corruption.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
no there is a difference between this a communism. In communism everyone get the same amount, regardless of work and how much is made. This is to "ensure" everyone is equal. Unfortunately the people in charge of the system get all the extra stuff and end up rich. In this system the people of that community distribute amoung themselves. Anyone taking extra or freeloading will be noticed because its not as widespread as this system is. There is no giant system with little cracks for these parasites to hide in. The larger the system is, the more corrupt it will become. But anyway if you choose to do everything yourself, i really dont think id have a problem with that because i think you would be treated the same as any slacker or freeloader, booted from the society.

Slackers and freeloaders in a small community, will be easily seen by everyone in it, and they will choose to kick them out if they want. The central government is only to deal with foreign policy. You need no army because we are the army. We all own guns and whatever else. We arent looking to go around the world dominating the world, so what the need for a specialized army. The central government can control the nukes we have and thats that. We dont need a government to take care of home, because if we wanted to we could take care of home ourselves just fine. We are just being too lazy and dont even want to take care of ourselves. Trade will still be, and research can still be as well for anyone who wants to learn. '

As long as we preserve books, freedom, and unity, we will thrive. We can adapted the old with the new to create something much better.

But anyway even if the people of such a community were all determind and such you would still rather work all alone?

edit: also we may not all be born equal, but we all deserve an equal chance to prove we deserve to be in this world and achive what we want. We all deserve that chance, regardless of how we are born.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by grimreaper797]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
thanks though, for all the feedback

by the way i couldnt figure out how to post it anywhere, it was too difficult.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If you transcribe the speech into words in a document, that would be much easier to share. Or would that be too much to ask?

Well, it is a lot of words........

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
i think that actually listening to it is easier but if you want a transcript:

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.”

This is a passage from the Declaration of Independence. I bring such a passage up, because we, as a people, seem to have forgotten our roots. Too long have we been sitting here saying “There is nothing I can do”. Too long have we waited around for change, waiting on false promises of a government which is governed by money rather then the people. There is no doubt in my mind, that our government has become destructive. They have destroyed the voice of the people, they have destroyed the basic principles of freedom, but most of all they have destroyed our foundations.

Our foundations, based off of the prosecution of our founding father, were to create a governed society where all people had the equal right to pursue happiness. Our foundations, corrupted by money, have been twisted and altered to make the people believe that we are free. That we are still free to make our own choices. This is a lie that has been told to us over the recent years. There is no choice, in a father having to decide whether he works seven days a week or lose his job. Such false ideas of choice have been created by corporations, which only function is to make money at the cost of the people who it employs. We are the people who it employs, and we are forced to live by their decisions. Our government, our food, our homes, our clothes, our cars are all owned by these corporations. Such corporations have no morals, and our interests are not in their minds.

Our idea of freedom has been obscured by a slow changing mindset. A mindset created by the same corporations who control the media. We have become accustom to the idea that money and freedom are one in the same. This idea was created by the people who wish to keep their multi-billion dollar industries running. This is not a land of equality, because to be equal means to have the same chances at life. The society we have let them create for us, does not hold such chances. Capitalism has lead to a dramatic change in the lifestyles in which we are living. It has also evolved into Globalization. Our founding system was based on the idea that many shall benefit at the price of a few who choose to sacrifice. This new system, like many others, is made to benefit a few at the price of many who are forced to sacrifice. They are forced to sacrifice their time away from their families. They are forced to sacrifice their energy for work. They are forced to sacrifice their freedom for labor. The only difference from this system and the many others, is that it hides behind the previous system that governed us so well. The freedom in which we lived.

So I ask you now, What are you willing to do? The system we are suppose to be fighting for, in Iraq, in Afghanistan, around the world, has been slowly taken from us and replaced with a system which does not have your in its interests. What are you willing to do? I’ve seen many people ask themselves such questions, but they never answer it. They sit, they complain, they fight and argue, yet they cannot answer the simple question of “what are you willing to do?” We complain about oil profits, we complain about illegal immigrants, we complain about our educational system, but what are we willing to do? Further more, how are you going to show this? We can fight all we want, but without actions behind such words, the freedom of speech means nothing. Its stands for nothing if you are willing to speak your mind, but not act on its behalf. What has our society come to if we are not even willing to secure our own freedom?

We are becoming the worlds Shakespearian Hero. How so you ask? We hold great importance to the world, we are in a very powerful position. We were once a great society but our flaws are leading us to our own demise. Now it is our choice, whether we wish to fulfill the role of the Shakespearian Hero, or change ourselves. Now is the time, to decide if we want such flaws to lead to the death of our nation. Now is the time, we must act or forever seal our fate. The decision to do nothing, is without a doubt, the worst decision we could possibly make. It is on us now, to lead our nation, rather then let it be overrun with corruption and greed.

Before I end this speech, please understand that I do not hate the CEOs or the individual people of such corporations. It is the businesses which have lead to the erosion of our basic principles of living which I despise. Such a system can only ultimately lead to our downfall. We must stand together in peace, as one nation, Regardless of race, religion, or political views. There is one thing we can all unite under, and that is the right to live. This right, beyond all else, is a reason to unite and put aside our previous vendettas.

Thank You.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join