It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

suspend did for WHAT?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
me and a friend of mine where suspended for using the net send application on windows.

then when i admited to doing it,an saying it was an accident. my schools tech person tried to say in order for me to even get to the command prompt id have to disable the school security network.
I even pointed out that the program shouldnt even be enable on the computers an if the tech guy was worth the money there paying he would have donti along time ago.

i also know for a fact that the schools tech person is also a janitor...i wonder whats on his resume

im suspend from school for 3 days. along with 5 days in school detention

now aint dat some she-at

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Heh, nice to see your school employs only the best of the best. I must say that its rather harsh to have been suspended for it though...

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I would say your school has alot more to worry about than suspending you for.... um what did you say they suspend you for?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
since it also all over the internet if you look hard enough

my friend Carl Grimmer was also suspended for the same a couple year back in 04

listman.redhat.com...

thats one link to info about his story.

as i was being suspended the principal told me that what happened was between me and him and not to tell anybody about what happen.

as if i had hacked something an found "classified information"

what i was i guess you could say charged with was, misuse of computers,vandilism of school computers, an disrupting classroom activityl

misuse of computer-yea i can understand that
vandilism-how, if the school was so smart why not disable it,they use email anyway.
maybe is if was disable an i enabled it to send the message, " for you guys"
because that was all i could think of

to pass it off as an accident i said i didnt relise i was sending it to every computer on the network.

disrupting classroom activity-slightly there were 2 other people on the computers beside me an my partner, everyone else was doing work.
the only disruption was mage by the teacher who went into a violent rage when i said . mr Paxton... i messed up

also when the talked to my mom about it the referal report an what the principal said was that they had to track my computer down an pull me out of class.....why say i needed to be tracked down when i admited to doing it then, the mr paxton calls the tech support person who litterally was buffing the floors in th lunch room.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
it kinda seem that i was only a martyr to show that the school didnt approve of my computer skills.
or to cover up that the school tech support was underqualified an probably didnt have a clue what i did or how to fix it.

i currently live in georgia right now. but while i lived in new york. a similar inccident happened when i brought a usb storage device to school to save my work. all this resorted to was a scan of the hardware and i talked to the principal, who had no idea what a use storage device,flash drive,pen drive, or whatever they could be called.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by DalairTheGreat]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
So? If you don't like being punished don't break the rules - it's pretty simple. We weren't allowed to use it when I was at college either but we still did, if we got caught we faced the music. You should be working, not sending messages - don't you have a phone for doing that?

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I think that if you break the rules you should be punished. I mean it's pretty straight forward, at least in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
When i was IT Admin of King City and Greenfield Hischool, we had disabled all dos commands, the logins were novell ran, the systems were locked down, and you had to sign a contract at the beginning of the year stating that you would use the school computers and the internet in a reasonable manner. Any attempted circumvention would result in loss of net and pc priveledges first offense. Second Offense resulted in a punishment similar to your own. Theres always 2 sides to the story and we are only hearing your side. Id like to hear from the admin/janitor. 9 times outta 10, the kids were documented attempting things they would read on the net or their buddy showed them was kewl. A suspension for a first offense of just using netsend commands seems a bit harsh, i dont think we are getting the full story here. Im sure, it stated in your contract exactly what would happen when you use the school computers for other than what they were intended for. You read it, you signed it, you broke the contract. its that simple.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
School computer labs are public property dedicated to a specific use. Schools that have strict enforcement and punishnent for violating rules have less downtime due to viruses, etc that must be taken care of, and less chances of students using the computer for malicious purposes. You are not the only user of that system; it is not yours to play with. Also, calling what you did an accident does not make it so. Sounds like outside the suspension, you'll be allowed to use it again.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
try accidently using net send to send a message to ALL computers on your schools network, with the message "you suck"...not pretty...

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat
me and a friend of mine where suspended for using the net send application on windows.

then when i admited to doing it,

Ok, so first you were lying about doing someothing you weren't authorized to do with the school's computers and networks.

an saying it was an accident.

And then you gave a lame excuse that no one would sincerely beleive.

I even pointed out that the program shouldnt even be enable on the computers an if the tech guy was worth the money there paying he would have donti along time ago.

And then you gave a disrespectful answer and insutled the people that have the power to punish you.

And you are surprised? You think its undeserved?

it kinda seem that i was only a martyr to show that the school didnt approve of my computer skills.

Are you kidding? You misused school property, lied, acted like a jerk, and then insulted the people that were trying to decide what to do with you. They didn't "martyr" you.

all this resorted to was a scan of the hardware

It requires installation and activation of driver software. Probably not something that would actually cause a problem, but, then agian, they're not your computers, so you really don't have any right to install stuff on them anyway.

Are you going to do anything about that large cache of bullets and ammo you found? Your 3 day suspension might be a good time to report it to the police so you don't get in real trouble, beyond some silly 3 day suspension.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat

then when i admited to doing it,an saying it was an accident. my schools tech person tried to say in order for me to even get to the command prompt id have to disable the school security network.

i also know for a fact that the schools tech person is also a janitor...i wonder whats on his resume

now aint dat some she-at

At my school I was able to acess the command promp even know it was hidden I used search and I found it. I couldve done anything b/c I typed in a command and it worked (wasnt harmfull though) but when I came back a week later I couldnt access it anymore not even from search. Nobody knew I did it though except for my friend who sat beside me.

new topics

top topics

join