It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Weather Patterns do Terrorists Operate Under?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
How much pertinent, everday information do inactive and active terrorists have? I do know that our counterterrorism technology and personnel has to become more weather-sensitive.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Any pilot would have a higher than average understanding of meteorology, merely learning to file flight plans--a weather briefing is a part of it. Then they get to fly in it, even better.

Even an amateur wx-watcher can learn their way around NOAA, etc. websites.

But what significance is forecasting to terrorist? So they don't get rained on? What's the big deal?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I have to tell you, I haven't a clue what you are talking about. Are you saying you think Terrorist attacks are more apt to take place in certain weather conditions? Well, then you have at best 2 choices. Crappy weather, or good weather. I assume they would rather carry out their deed in good weather, so you can rule out what, 40 % of the time?

No, bad idea. It would take more than weather to stop a group hell bent on destruction.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
hahhah, well put gunslinger. What a pointless topic... did i miss something?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
All human terroristic or counterterroristic decisions are based on conscious or unconscious measurements.

All conscious or unconscious measurements are based on the conscious or unconscious perceptions of weather (scientifically, some say this Universe is completely composed of weather particles).

Thus, all human terroristic or counterterroristic decisions are based on the conscious or unconscious perceptions of weather.

We need people and technology that can adapt to, defend against, and even control the weather to optimally counter terrorism.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Your conjecture, GreatTech, reminded me of the Weathermen, or the Weather Underground. This was a radical left student organization that operated from 1969-77, our own homegrown terrorists for social justice.

Weathermen

The name Weatherman derives from the Bob Dylan song "Subterranean Homesick Blues", which featured the lyrics "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." The lyrics had also been quoted at the bottom of an influential essay in the SDS newspaper, New Left Notes. Using this title the Weathermen meant, partially, to appeal to the segment of American youth inspired to action for social justice by Dylan's songs.

(Not to be confused with the excellent online weather products from the University of Michigan.)

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
psyopswatcher, I always consider terrorism a problem and never a solution. In fact, each day I try to conjure up ideas and methodologies to fight terrorism. I abhor violence in all its forms.

Politically, I am somewhere in the middle, trying to balance right and left ideologies when I can.

Thank you for the link to "weather online products."

join