It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen to Neil Youngs..."Living with War"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Simple , a little garagey but pure Young with as much defiance as ever. Thanks Neil.

www.hyfntrak.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this! I have always loved him!

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Too bad there wasn't a fast forward button. I might try to give it a shot later, but the lyrics of the first song indicate that Young is just making a fast buck off the natural rebellious nature of youth. Hmm. That's how he got his start, wasn't it?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Young is just making a fast buck off the natural rebellious nature of youth.

Neil Young has been an antiwar and antiestablishment activist all his life. If he's making a fast buck, putting the entire CD on the Internet to download for free isn't exactly the way to do it...

Grady, honestly, I can't imagine you liking this album.

But I loved it! Thanks again, YIAWETA

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I love it so much, and I'm so happy. Sounds typical Neil, but for my generation, I hope it provides some sort of awakening! Thanks for posting it for everyone else, I've been listening to it since 9am.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
To criticize somebody for making a fast buck coming from a conservative that supports The president and his Oil Company buddies seems just a bit hypocritical.

At least Mr. Young is putting his message out there honestly, without the spin we have grown so used to from the WH.

I loved this antiwar cd almost as much as Springsteens'

[edit on 29-4-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I love how he has a MySpace. There are so many fake celebrity Myspaces out the there. I'll add him to my list, right behind Carl Winslow =).

Oh yeah, the song r0xx0rz as well.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Thanks YIAWETA, for posting this, you made my evening! I was just at Neil's home site a couple months back, I had missed this-
Come on Grady, think back man- you got to listen to it all, sure brings back memories for me, you can't fast forward Neil,lol-I know you remember also.
Pretty significant indicator of the seriousness of the present situation, it makes me reflect.
Neil Young's God Bless America, wow!!

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, the man is a legend. If only more people would speak from the heart the world would be a better place..

SD

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I love Niel Young's early work and I might give the album a listen, but the first offering really wasn't all that inspiring, in my opinion. You want a protest song, try "Eve of Destruction" by Barry McGuire. It's still a great song after all these years.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I just got through watching the video on myspace, a neat interview with Neil, check it out.

top topics

join