It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New England getting ready

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The news last week had on an,special on the news,how hard people would even get to thier jobs,being sick,And people should have can food for 3 weeks,Also the news said it would take 18 months to leave after it hits!,how could anyone live on 2 weeks of food?

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Is this where they think it might hit first?

Also, can anyone recommend a good MRE type food that is available on the market or on the internet. Preferably one you can purchase in smaller amounts than large flats, and that isn't incredibly expensive.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hold on a min, what about the statement from the CDC saying that avian flu :

"""Assessment of Current Situation
The avian influenza A (H5N1) epizootic (animal outbreak) in Asia and parts of Europe is not expected to diminish significantly in the short term. It is likely that H5N1 infection among birds has become endemic in certain areas and that human infections resulting from direct contact with infected poultry will continue to occur. So far, the spread of H5N1 virus from person-to-person has been rare and has not continued beyond one person. No evidence for genetic reassortment between human and avian influenza A virus genes has been found; however, the epizootic in Asia continues to pose an important public health threat."""

www.cdc.gov...

Talk about world pandemic HYPE. Sheesh.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praxilla

Is this where they think it might hit first?

Actually, there was quite a bit of discussion from the State of Florida in the past month talking about how Florida is one of the places that could get hit first, which I found contradictory to where and how I previously perceived it would start. The major message seemed to be, don't count on the government, we don't have the resources to accomodate you if it got to human to human transmission - prepare.

Also, can anyone recommend a good MRE type food that is available on the market or on the internet. Preferably one you can purchase in smaller amounts than large flats, and that isn't incredibly expensive.

Personally, I am stocking up on whey protein powder and that can be mixed with water, though I usually mix it with milk and a really good multivitimin if the canned/frozen veggies run out. If you can't do whey, find a soy based one. Better than nothing and seems the most efficient method of storage for 67 replacement meals in a 5 pound canister. I am seeing my preferred brand for $37.00 down to $28 something a canister, but just two weeks ago I was finding it as low as $22.00. Could be below .50/meal if you get a good deal. There are a lot of vitamin and amino acids & stuff in it too, the ingrediants on the MRE's don't impress me that much in comparison.

Of course in sharing this info if it increases demand and drives the price up .... but for ATS, I'll share
. anyway it would take a large increase to still make the cost per meal anywhere near the other alternatives.

Anyone can feel free to U2U me if you want the brand I use and the best prices I'm finding on the net as time goes buy. (Currently getting free shipping too
) We could have a little alert system in place for each other for when we catch sales/deals as they occur. Just for the record, if I buy the stuff locally it's costing the same price for 2lbs.

Edit: Is it me or a board glitch? I am not finding a typo that is causing this post to appear improperly in terms of the quote feature, and I have been seeing a lot of this lately. - OOPs - think I see it. the original post had a backwards slash to end the quote. It was me in my attempts to break up the quotes, Nevermind.

[edit on 4/29/2006 by Relentless]

top topics

join