It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And yes, Another one. Whats the best RTS game you have EVER played?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well, Whats the BEST and greatest RTS game you guys have EVER played?
Just wanted to know what kind of RTS games other people like

Mine is Rome Total War and Age of Mythology i think
It are really addictive games!
But there are TONS of other awesome RTS games i am addicted to. Can't name them all éh?

Edit: For the ones who don'know what a RTS game is, Real Time Strategy game

- MB

[edit on 28-4-2006 by meridian_blood_29387423]

[edit on 28-4-2006 by meridian_blood_29387423]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of strategy, but the few games I've played were good. I never had the intelligence to completely beat any of them though.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert

Warcraft 2 & 3

And the only GBA game to ever get a perfect score, Advanced Wars 2.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Rome: Total War is definately the best.

After that i would probably have to go with the Empire Earth series, and the Age of Mythology, but only after the exspansion is added on.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The Total War Series, each was totally awesome at their release.

Other than that I'd say Command and Conquers, moreso the first one, red alert, and Generals/Zero Hour.

Starwars Empire At War is actually suprisingly fun.

also Dune: The battle for Arakis on the Sega Gensis was pimp #, it got me into RTS big time.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I really enjoyed Total Annihilation. It was especially fun to teach the game to friends and blow them up a different way each time until they learned the ropes. Then I beefed up the AI too much with some net programs and now I get blown away unless I immediately destroy the AI. I will have to fix that some day and start playing it again. There are many other fun games out there that I enjoyed as well. Command & Conquer, the Warcraft series, and Age of Empires.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I loved the original age of empires, because i spent many a summer night playing that with my cousin until 5-6 in the morning. But i also loved age of empires 2.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Uh hello? No mention of Starcraft by anyone!?! Yeesh. They still patch that game you know.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Man I guess it just nobody has played it in ages?

I loved original StarCraft, but I have no desire to ever play it again lol

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Total Annihillation hands down. One of the most innovative and fun games ever. Star Craft was a decent rts at its time but added nothing new to the genre.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
i have to say starcraft.

the old-school command and conquer games were great, i liked RA2, and i loved all three warcraft RTSs, but nothing will ever come close to starcraft.

i love the zerg... not sure why... maybe it's the mucus.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
C&C Generals/Zero Hour, Age of Empires 2, Rome: Total War and Dune 2 (just because it's the first one I ever played, classic).

Haven't really played many more, I'm sure there are some really good ones I haven't tried. Starcraft I have yet to finish (oops?).

top topics

join