It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A talk about Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Dear Friends
kind regards
Fred Phelps is a pastor of the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas in the US.
Fred Phelps is an enigma and the most controversial speaker I have ever heard.
I listen to Fred Phelps sermons every Monday afternoon.
His sermon on June 5th 2005 is quite funny.
His sermons straight after 911 and Tsunami(January 2nd 2005 sermon) are worth listening to also and he has a sermon archive from the year 2001 to 2005.
Here is the link to his sermons page.........
1. www.godhatesfags.com...
I encourage you to listen to them every week as well and his archive sermons.
Here is the biography of Pastor Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church.
2. www.godhatesfags.com...
Here is a statement from the column "About WBC"
WBC engages in daily peaceful sidewalk demonstrations opposing the homosexual lifestyle.
You can find this statement and much more information about WBC by clicking on the following link. 3. www.godhatesfags.com...
Phelps Church has been raided and bombed in the past and his picketing has caused riots all across America.
Phelps became famous when he picketed the funeral of murderered homosexual Matthew Shepard.
Phelps has even created a monument to Matthew Shepard in his home town.
4. www.godhatesfags.com...
Fred Phelps views are very controversial and I am not claiming to endorse any of his views.
What are your views on Fred Phelps?
If you live in the USA have you ever come across him before?
I'd like to hear your views on one of America's most controversial men.
yours thankfully
John

Edited for hateful comment
1a) Offensive Content: You will not post links to images or use avatars and signatures that are offensive, abusive, distruptive and/or hateful.

[edit on 28-4-2006 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I would avoid this "pastor" like the plague. He will lead your soul away from God as he isn't a man of God and pushing an agenda of HATE rather than one of love. Very dangerous.

Homosexuality is a sin just like any other sin...no more...no less.

I would recommend following a good bible based church lead by a follower of Jesus Christ.

End of story......

Blessings....

[edit on 28-4-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
My boyfriend and i take a religion in american society class together in college and we had to do a case study on controversial religious movements and my boyfriend did his on the westboro baptist church.

This pastor is a nut case. He and his 200 church members (who by the way are only allowed to marry each other so there are only there are 200 members but only 3 last names. grosse!!)

anyways as i was saying, the him and the 200 members go around picketing military funerals and hold up signs that say "thank God for maimed soilders" just to name one of many. They also pray for God to send death and destruction all over the world. the pastor says his goal is not to get people to love God but to "make them hate God more than they already do." Its up to you, but i wouldn't waste your time listening to any more of his sermons, its just a bunch of crap you are putting into your brain.

Kind Regards,
Digitalgrl

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the links.

I haven't checked them out yet, but I will. I like this guy, he's a real Christian. But, still, if he was all the way real he would obey the Christian god and kill gays. At least his website's name is honest...

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I heard a radio interview with Fred Phelps, around 2 weeks or so ago, and all I can say is what a sad, hate filled individual.
If Hell is indeed real, I have no doubt this man would be at the front of the line. :shk:

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Thanks for the links.

I like this guy, he's a real Christian. But, still, if he was all the way real he would obey the Christian god and kill gays. At least his website's name is honest...

It’s a shame your only contribution is an attempt to offend Christians. I understand you may not want to learn anything but I take a chance on you anyways.

We have a new convent through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ as written in the New Testament. Homosexuality is a sin no different than any other sin…all can be forgiven, nobody needs to die.

Jesus died for our sins allowing every human being on earth the opportunity to accept him and be forgiven no matter what the sin. This forgiveness is not a limited time offer. Salvation through Christ is available for the entire duration of the sinner’s life. If God (or man) were to strike down anyone that sinned he would be going against the word of God because these people were not allowed the term of their life to change their ways and find salvation in Jesus Christ. Case Closed…

John 3:16

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 3-21:26

But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished–he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

Acts 10:43

All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.

1 John 2:2

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Colossians 1-13:14

For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

That dude is funny! I listened to his sermon after 9/11, and boy, is that dude funny! He actually says "fags" and "dykes" in a sermon!
Dude doesn't seem like he's playing with a full deck...

My favorite gem from this guy was when he said the bible was being polluted by "fag feces."

I'm no homophobe, but you gotta admit, that's quite a funny phrase.

But, sadly, this guy clearly doesn't represent all Christians. He's pretty extreme. But, it would be a lot funnier if he did represent the faith...

top topics

join