It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Claims World Is Safer Because War On Terror

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well Mauddib if they did destroy all that in ten years, then why would you use that as an excuse to justify an attack? After all it was destroyed, apparantley that was not enough to appease the expansionist. I will admit it may have been wrong on technacalities, but I think Iraq will have a much better future as far as the individual citizen goes.

Like I stated earlier, we know for a fact the sons of the corrupt leader will no longer be able to rape adolescent girls at random with no consequence. That alone honsetly makes me feel better. Females on this planet have hard enough lives as it is without assholes like that victimizing them as they please.

Its only been like three years in Iraq. I think if we give it another five the country should be stabalizing alot more. Perhaps it will open up to tourism even (thats hoping a bit too far I suppose).

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
you cant be serious, iraq is being raped of its resources now more then ever, 1/5 of its oil, 4.2 billion dollars worth, stolen out of the country. This is cripling them, yet we feel the citizens will be better off? come on, the report said "an immediate crackdown of the iraqi government is needed" next day rice and rumsfield show up to support this new iraqi government. right, these people will be much better off at the rampade corruption that has taken over their country (more then sadam even could have done as far as corruption goes, why? because now they arent even able to sell the oil, its being stolen for nothing).

[edit on 29-4-2006 by grimreaper797]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Oh well. At least I will be able to drive my SUV everyday and still manage to pay the lowest prices for gas in the world. I will even leave my lights on during the day just to justify the need for more energy and resources.

This is sarcasm

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Muaddib, if you're trying to convince us of how Iraqis view the "terrorists", you'd do better by providing links to Arab web sites that state this rather than Amerikan propoganda machines like USA Today and Washington post.

Consider if an alien race, with vastly superior weapons and technology, landed in the U.S., leveled the cities and the government, took all the gold from fort knox, destroyed all industry... then proceeded to suck all the natural resources out of America and shipped it all back to their native planet - without any benifit whatsoever to the survivors in the U.S. (except, of course, they tell us they did it all for our own benifit - to rid us of the tyrant Bush and his evil neocons)...

What would you think of Americans packing explosives into planes and flying them into alien spaceships? Or driving cars and trucks filled with C4 into alien checkpoints? What would you think of your natvie Americans using whatever improvisable weapons they can come up with to fight this vastly superior force?

Iraqi "insurgents" are simply doing what they can to defend their nation from a hostile foreign force. Even if they happen to be freedom- and democracy-loving good-guy Americans...

"One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Well Mauddib if they did destroy all that in ten years, then why would you use that as an excuse to justify an attack? After all it was destroyed, apparantley that was not enough to appease the expansionist.

The point is that it was not destroyed DYepes. i don't think you understood what I was saying, or the links I gave. There were banned missile parts which were found in scrapyards around the world up and until the beggining of the war. But there was other evidence found in Iraq, as well as the statements from several sources.

I will admit it may have been wrong on technacalities, but I think Iraq will have a much better future as far as the individual citizen goes.

They already do, if things are bad is because of the insurgents/terrorists who are attacking Iraqi civilians.

Like I stated earlier, we know for a fact the sons of the corrupt leader will no longer be able to rape adolescent girls at random with no consequence. That alone honsetly makes me feel better. Females on this planet have hard enough lives as it is without assholes like that victimizing them as they please.

Yes, Saddam, and his sons were dictators who could kill anyone they pleased in front of anyone and everyone. Some people in these forums have no idea what a real dictatorship is like. Under Saddam's regime, the Iraqis were living in a dictatorship, and SAddam was helping many terrorist groups who call themselves enemies of the U.S. and Israel.

Its only been like three years in Iraq. I think if we give it another five the country should be stabalizing alot more. Perhaps it will open up to tourism even (thats hoping a bit too far I suppose).

i agree with you, in time things will get better, but there are some people who think the coalition forces should leave, these people don't seem to care about Iraqis at all.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by dgtempe
We have undoubtedly created the breeding of terrorism in Iraq and the world. And we are less safe than ever for our actions.

That is what the Solujah wants us to believe, but it is not true. They are now using a broader defintion. Grime at least included it in his intro, but the souljah as usual left that minor detail out more then likely because he does not want us aware of it.

When you can't make the figures fit your facts, change your facts, broaden the definition...just don't do anything that would smack of desperation to shore up your dwindling public opinion numbers and the fact that your allies keep losing elections and their troops keep being recalled from Iraq...

"We fight the terrorists in Iraq so we don't have to fight them at home"...

Where have I heard that one before...Weren't we fighting the reds in VN so you wouldn't have to fight them in front of the Golden Gate Bridge?

Did anybody bother asking the Vietnamese or the Iraqis if they minded whether or not you turned their country into a shooting range to protect yours?

[edit on 30-4-2006 by HowlrunnerIV]

[edit on 30-4-2006 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Savonarola
Muaddib,if you're trying to convince us of how Iraqis view the "terrorists"..

No matter from whom the story comes forth, there will be people who will always claim "they are being paid by the U.S. government to say this."

Thanks to my job I know people, mostly engineers, from all over the world, yes, including from Iraq and Iran, although I know those people from those countries i have talked to do not represent their whole country, I don't see why they would lie to me. But some members in these forums would not even accept the word from Iraqis, or Iranians because they think they all hate the U.S., when it is far from the truth.

Anyways, do you want to see some blogs by Iraqis?

Here are a few.

baghday.blogspot.com...

BTW, i found this very interesting, from an Iraqi on Zarqawi

The video clears up a few things. The most obvious thing to notice is that this coward actually exists. He is not an imaginary figure that the Pentagon decided to make up for Washington to have someone to blame for all the chaos in Iraq. He is a real man, and he is calling for the death of all those who ally with America, especially the Shia.

eyeraki.blogspot.com...

Some members around here like to post photos of president Bush beside chims, well, this is what at least this Iraqi is doing with photos of chimps.

The following is very interesting story by another Iraqi.

I have just learned from a very trusted source that the number of Sunni deaths since the day the al-Askariyyah shrine was bombed is 3000. Talk about retribution!

3000 Sunnis have been murdered by Shi'a extremists, mostly followers of Muqtada, the so called Jaysh al-Mahdi but also by BADR, the military wing of SCIRI. Shi'a militias include, sadly, Mughaweer al-Dakhiliyyah which is Arabic for, "Uniformed Men of the Interior Ministry."
The Interior Ministry is run by a war criminal, Bayan Solagh Jabr, the man who wants to avenge the death of imam Hussein by killing 21st century Baghdadi Sunnis!

Ayatollah Rohallah Khomeini,

I am not addressing you as "dear" because you're not dear to me. I am writing this to you to report to you some of what's taken place in the region since you've left. So much has happened since you died. I am sorry to say that if you were still around, you'd be smiling. Your archenemy, Saddam has been unseated, captured and is now on trial. Your students still call America "the Great Satan," they are still shouting slogans of the not-so-glorious Islamic Revolution. It may interest you to know that your creation, the Islamic Republic of Iran is close to developing a nuclear bomb and the cockroach that calls himself the President of Iran is challenging the world on Iran's "right" to have nuclear capabilities, he's doing that per orders of Ayatollah Ali Khamnaei.
Iran lives in your shadow Khomeini. Not much has changed in that great country since you left. It is still legal to marry an 8 year old girl. It is still legal to get married for a couple of hours. People still get stoned for adultery. Hands are still chopped off for stealing. Women are still forced to veil themselves. Iran lives by your legacy of backwardness.
Salman Rushdie is still alive, the man has moved to New York, married a beautiful model and lives a happy life away from the swords of political Islam. Yassir Arafat died recently of maybe AIDS. He died a broken man and left behind a tired Palestinian people, so tired that they recently voted for Hammas, you know, Sunni versions of you. Speaking of Sunni versions of you, the Salafists have declared a war on America, but they're not crazy about the Shi'as either. They're killing poor Shi'a men, women and children in Iraq only for being Shi'a. For a while, the Shi'as refused to retaliate, but then one day, the shrine of the two Imams, al-Hadi and al-Askari in Samara' was bombed and that's when the sharpened sword of Ali began to behead Sunnis.

More from this man.

Three years ago today, the world was rid of one of the most brutal dictators of our time, a man who may well be responsible for the lives of over three million human beings. If there ever was a time in my life when I was certain about the phrase, "a new era," then that day was it. It was a Wednesday, loads of nicotine and caffeine were traveling through my body by the time it was time for me to attend class. Out of habit, I turned on the TV, it was LBC (the Lebanese channel) and a crowd of Iraqis were gathered around Saddam's statue in Firdaus Square, the commentator wasn't saying that it was Firdaus Square and I couldn't tell where in Baghdad the footage was coming from. I switched between al-Jazeera, LBC, CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC and others, all had the same footage. Iraqis trying to bring down a gigantic statue of the man who had flipped their lives upside down so many times and for so long.

I turned off my mobile and sat in my living room watching this monumental event take place before my eyes. The word "LIVE" at the top corner of my screen became my best friend, everytime it disappeared, I waited for it to come back. Is this true? Is this really happening? Are three decades of cruelty suddenly over?

My tears skipped the throat and without any pain started to burst, that was the first time in my life that I had known tears of joy. I wanted to call my friend Fadi and tell him congratulations but I couldn't because Fadi was killed in 1991 during the uprising. I wanted to call my mother whose prayers were finally answered, but I hadn't been able to reach anyone in Baghdad for days. I wanted to do so many things, instead I sat there as I chain smoked. It never occurred to me that I had an exam that day, but even if it had, I wouldn't have gone.

exiledshalash.blogspot.com...

Now, the most important message this man has to give is the following, and I agree completely with him.

Millions of Muslims all over the globe have taken to the streets to show their disgust over yesterday's suicide bombing at a Shi'a mosque in Baghdad. Okay, that's a lie, Muslims don't do that kind of thing for human life, but if a Danish cartoonist had supposedly insulted Muhammad, then you would see the rage turned on, you would see Islamabad rise and Kabul rise and Cairo rise.

In the image shown here, a picture of imam Hussein, most likely from the pocket of one of the victims lays on the ground in a pool of blood, that's the prophet's grandson! Why are Muslims such hypocrites? Why do they shed tears for Muslim victims but stand idly by when victims of Muslim terrorism are torn into pieces?

Seventy people were murdered yesterday, seventy Muslims, seventy human beings, seventy Shi'as, seventy praying men, their sin? They were born Shi'a, the mere accident of birth determines whether you deserve to live or not!

What's more important, cartoons or human life?

The Muslim world needs a revolution, a revolution that would change this bankrupt belief system, a revolution that would place above all else, the individual.

[edit on 30-4-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Really Souljah....I find it ironic that you never mention the following...

The US has named 30 countries which are prepared to be publicly associated with the US action against Iraq.

The state department says more countries have now announced concrete support for a possible US invasion of Iraq than during the first Gulf War.

And it says that there are an additional 15 countries which are providing assistance, such as over-flight rights, but which do not want to declare support.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I guess those 44 other countries are from some other planet and not from Earth.

i also find it ironic that you never mention the human right abuses which the insurgents/terrorists have committed, including against the Iraqi people.

But oh no...it goes against your anti-U.S. agenda....people shouldn't know this....

It also seems that according to you 10 years is not enough time for the regime of Iraq to destroy everything that dealt with wmd, including documents....

[edit on 29-4-2006 by Muaddib]

Wow Dude!

Let's look at those LUCKY winners, shall we?

From Your source:

Full list of coalition countries:

Afghanistan, Albania, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Colombia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Georgia, Hungary, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, the Netherlands, Nicaragua, the Philippines, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom and Uzbekistan.

Albania?

Azerbaijan?

Bulgaria?

Eritrea?

Ethiopia?

Macedonia?

Uzbekistan?

Yeah, I mean those are some STRONG nations in the international community, with alot of military, political and economic power! Yep, without those guys around, I think the US armed forces would Surely loose this "Liberation".

And Furthermore,

Where are the Arabs nations in the Coalition?

Since Saddam was such a "BAD GUY" in the Heart of Middle East, where are his neighbours, that want to get rid of him?

Yet again, from Your source:

And the list is most extraordinary for the countries that are left off - which include all of the Arab states, including those countries where US troops are massing for an invasion, like Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain.

Strange.

The main US Ally in Middle East - Isreal - is not mentioned. And so did other Big Allies of the US - like Egypt and Saudi Arabia - stand down in this "Liberation of Iraq".

So where are those REAL Superpowers which really have some Political, Miliary and Economic power in this World, that have United with US in this Attack, so we could call it an "International Coalition"?

Where are Major NATO allies, like Canada, Belgium, Norway, France, Germany?

Where are other Big superpowers, like Russia, China, India, Pakistan?

I see none of them in the "Coalition of the Willing".

And even those that are a little more military stronger - like Spain, Italy, Japan, Turkey - have asignifcantly DECREASE in public opinion regardless US and war in Iraq.

From Your source:

Meanwhile, a new poll by the Washington-based Pew Research Center indicates that the number of Europeans with a favourable image of the US has plummeted, even among the coalition of the willing.

In Italy, only 34% view the US positively, compared to 70% in 2002.

In Spain, only 14% have a favourable image.

And even in Eastern Europe, support for the US has dropped from 80% to 50% in Poland.

So as you can see, the ONLY two major forces in this "Liberaton of Iraq" were actually US and UK - Bush and Blair.

Which makes BOTH of them Guilty of Brekaing INTERNATIONAL Laws and Conventions.

The Majority of the countries in this Allmight Coalition chosen by GOD, are in there just because they are seeking more US support, since their countries are a complete wreck of a nation. They have really nothing big to offer, they just want to be "Seen and Heard" and when US is making their generous donations to the Nations, they hope that maybe, just maybe, they will receive a bigger donation then soembody else.

So, yes this is an International Coalition - but just because somebody had to create and IMAGE of an International Coalition, so he added a few countries from around the world and now it IS an international coalition.

Basicly it's an Insult to the intelligence of an avarege citizen of planet EARTH.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The following is a blog by an Iraqi woman.

UPDATE I - Apr. 29, 2006
I just came back from watching United 93 at the movie theater. The movie is great. If you lost a loved one on 9/11, you may not be ready to see this movie. For other Americans, it's a must-see movie.

The acting was very natural. The movie documented the unfolded events leading to the hijacking of United flight 93. The director did a brilliant job of putting the audience into those events. From the beginning, you feel like a passenger who didn't know what lay ahead. Then, the audience is faced with a deadly destiny.

When the guys decide to take control of the airplane and say "let's roll," I wondered for a second if they were afraid of death. Living the events on the screen, I thought they knew they'd die anyway. But, that wasn't their main concern. Their concern was not to let the airplane crash into a building. They died while doing what was right.

Iraqi actor Lewis Alsamari did a good job. Hollywood doesn't differentiate between Iraqi dialect and other Arabic dialects. So he went with the Iraqi dialect. That's my only knock on the movie.

www.fayrouz.blogspot.com...

This is what an Iraqi has to say about "Another Free.. Eh Terrorist Attack"

An Average Iraqi
An Average Iraqi is just a fictional character whose....well, fictional. I will use this character to make a comparison between him and real human beings like myself or any one else.

About Me
Name:Hassan Location:Baghdad, Iraq
My name is Hassan Kharrufa. I am a 20 year old Iraqi student. I study civil engineering at the Department of Building and Construction at Al-Jami3a Al-Taknologia (The Tecknology Univirsity), Baghdad, Iraq.
Friday, November 18, 2005
Another Free.. Eh Terrorist Attack

I just said it in the last post. Terrorist attacks are being made in the name of freedom fighting. Just this morning a car bomb exploded near Al-Hamra hotel in Karada Baghdad. Followed by another bomb; a bigger car, or a truck as I heard. Look at this picture; you will see what I mean.

Want more pictures, see Yahoo slide show about Iraq.

The blast was so strong a building fell over, completely. As usual, none of the intended targets of the attack got hurt. Only civilians were killed or injured. Read the whole story on Yahoo news.

The Washington Post office was close to the attack to. Thankfully no one got hurt, but the office is in chaos. They were a little late to put coverage about the blast, as they rounded up every blast that happened during the day. You will see in this article how violent the day was

aviraqi.blogspot.com...

Here is what this Iraqi has to say about when the U.S. should leave Iraq.

Monday, November 21, 2005
When Should the US leave??

First of all the question is when, not should. Because it is a sure thing that the Americans should leave eventually. It is whether it should be done sooner or later that has been a discussion opener, in the US. Although there is a huge discussion about this in the US. But it seems that the Iraqis are not really interested at the moment. They have other things on their mind. The elections are coming, but that is going to be a topic for another post.

My opinion: Iraq is not ready for the US to pull its troops out. Maybe in a year or so, but not at the moment. I have a few reasons:

First: There are still many armed militias in Iraq. No country can prosper and grow with such militias in it. Like the Mahdi Army, Badr Brigade, Terrorist factions and even the Kurdish Besh Merga. . These militias have to be disbanded. Either peacefully or by means of arms. The US army would prove to be most useful in this I think. The Iraqi army may be trained well, but from what I have seen, they are way behind in equipment. They roam the cities in civilian pick-up trucks, and SUVs (Sport Utility Vehicles, or as we call them 4WD in Iraq) that are not even bullet prove.

Second: With no powerful government in command. And the many disagreements and infighting between the Iraqi politicians. Civil war might stir up when there is no unchallengeable power force in Iraq. Like the US army. In which I hope we can replace by the Iraqi Army in the future. As there is no question that we cannot rely on the US army much longer. As probably it is the main reason all this violence has started in the first place.

aviraqi.blogspot.com...

And another Iraqi.

Sunday, December 11, 2005
Murder in my neighborhood....

Hello friends
yesterday a murder occurred in my neighborhood, while 2 guys were slinging posters for certain party preparing for the elections , two terrorists started shooting at them, one of them died , & the other was injured so badly, the policemen in my neighborhood chased them , killed one & caught the other ..
Those two terrorists killed innocent poor personnel & injured the other for what? to make that party relinquish it's participation in the Elections ? to disperse panic between Iraqis ? to stop the Elections operation ? none of these would happen, but the consequences are two families left without their breadwinner, more orphans , widows , bereft parents , sisters , brothers , relatives & friends .. & that is all because they were slinging posters on the wall?! …
I can't imagine how remorseless those terrorists are ! …
I pray that one day all the terrorism will fade away , & that we all will live in Peace ….
God Bless all the policemen ….
Sunshine …

livesstrong.blogspot.com...

This is a blog by a 15 year old Iraqi girl.

Eid Ramadan Mubarak....
Hi friends. First I would like to say Ramadan Kareem to every Muslim in the world. As we know that we are in the latest days of this holy month. Here, in Mosul, people began to prepare themselves to Ramadan feast , It is so beautiful when you just see every body in shopping centeres to bay alot of new things. They also make some confectionery . Actaully we were waiting for this lovely occasion . It maybe the a good occasion to get a reliefe .We are absolutly so glad. But there's someday before Ramadan feast , It is the night of 27. This night will be full of mercy , It would be such a beautifull night. So we still waiting for the important coming days. We are asking God the mercy and forgiveness .
Hoping all your days become beautifull and full of hapiness...
Happy Sanyora..........

smiletoyourlife.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

U.S. invasion responsible deaths of over 250,000 civilians in Iraq

_
by John Stokes

New studies make the Bush administration's "liberation" argument for a 'pre-emptive' war against Iraq seem questionable.

The invasion of Iraq in March 2003 by U.S.-led coalition forces has been responsible for the death of at least 150,000 civilians (not including certain of Iraq), reveals a compilitation of scientific studies and corroborated eyewitness testimonies.

The majority of these deaths, which are in addition those normally expected from natural causes, illness and accidents, have been among women and children, documents a well-researched study, that had been released by The Lancet Medical Journal

I left the pictures out, What's the point and they are upsetting.

The war certainly did not make these people safer, did it?!
*Notice that at least 150,000 civilians are a direct cause of this war.

Not to mention the daily blasts there by carbombs, insurgency, etc.

It wont be UNTIL someone brings it over here, that some wil wake up. Cant happen because we are so well PROTECTED HERE?
I wouldnt be so sure.
Beleive me, the shoe will drop here in epic and biblical proportions anyday.
Do you seriously beleive that the world will go on and no one will seek retaliation?
No. The world does not work that way. Our day is coming. ANd when it does, the ironic thing will be that those of you who are behind Bush, will still not see that he caused all this. All in the name of Democracy. LOL

Now Iran has a Democracy, but they have the dreaded nukes! So the campaign goes on, to destroy their nukes. We are the provokers. See, those nut job leaders in that part of the world, love nothing better than to threaten their neighbors! It keeps them at bay. Add to that the fact that they know we want to invade there also. They cannot be blamed for threatening us also. IMO, Bush and his gang is going to go too far this time.......and mankind will have to pay the price.

Bush's pre-emptive techniques will see that we have a doomsday soon and the price will have been worth it to them. After they crawl up from their bunkers, they will have done away with the extras, and their ellitist friends will have at last what they want.

I dont know about you, but i'll be damned if i want to contribute to their cause.

Bush & Co. are extremely dangerous- and should have their horsies stopped before its too late.

But what do i know? I know that these are perilous times and that should we attack Iran, they are not going to take it sitting down. I foresee nothing but death and destruction.

I also know the agenda will go forth, no matter who Diabold gets into office, provided there is even another presidential election. That would be dictatorship by any dictionary standard. AND vote fraud once again.

My point? It's all going to happen no matter what we do. I only wish mankind was smarter and not try to self-destruct. Sorry for the rambling but i beleive that there must be a way in this world to stop the madness. If we cant do it, there will be divine intervention for sure. Either way seems like we're screwed.

All day long i hear the news coming from Iran and the threats and the media is more than happy to instigate and report it all- Makes me wonder if they are part of the promise...equipped with bunkers. Condaleeza is on a campaign herself. Rumsfeld blows his trumpet every day....Taps.

I've never seen so much instigation. Iran was quiet until we targeted them. Sure, they probably have nuke capability. I think the straw that broke the camel's back was when Bush "allowed" India to move on with their nclear ambitions. "If they can have them, why cant we"???? That is precisely why B ush gave them the all clear. To instigate.

So, instigation plays a major part in all this. The table is set. Now we just need to feed the guests.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Here is a story from a reporter in Baghdad, which is a bit different from what some people around here like to claim is only happening in Iraq...

TUESDAY, April 25, 11:36 p.m. local

Baghdad, Iraq

Several pedestrians smiled. One startled Iraqi soldier looked up, then grinned. Some kids shook their hips, doing a little dance of sorts.

Blaring from the Humvee's loudspeakers was "Ride of the Valkyries," German composer Richard Wagner's classic song that was now reverberating along the dusty streets of Baghdad at sunset. It was a different and friendlier message that typically plays from speakers that usually warn cars to stay away from passing U.S. vehicles.

"I play it to motivate everyone. Everybody gets a kick out of it," said 1st Lt. Matt Blackwell of Athens, Georgia, who said he occasionally plays the song on the safe streets that he travels with his platoon.

But many were still very young soldiers some in a foreign country for the first time making earnest gestures toward a people they barely understood. Sometimes these goodwill acts resonated far more than the stale handshakes between suits often seen on TV.

Earlier this month I walked beside U.S. soldiers on a foot patrol in the Shula neighborhood in Baghdad, followed by a gradually swelling pack of some 30 kids. Most of the parents and adults in this Shiite area of the city gave smiles and waves to the soldiers as the kids asked questions or begged for candy.

The thoughtful soldier leading that patrol, 1st Lt. Paul Tanghe of Minneapolis, Minn, suddenly stopped and began waving one hand, as if leading an orchestra. Then he began shouting, "USA, USA, USA," to the kids, the oldest of which was probably 8 years old.

I initially cringed, thinking that nationalist chants from a foreign country would hardly be popular in this crowded neighborhood.

But nearly all the kids took Tanghe's cue and echoed his chant of "USA, USA". Then, Tanghe started chanting "IRAQ, IRAQ, IRAQ," prompting nearly every kid to chant louder and louder. At the end of the spectacle the mass of hyperactive kids all clapped in unison and whistled in a very loud show of approval.

Earlier that day men with explosives strapped to their bodies walked into a mosque in a nearby neighborhood and killed over 80 people. But here, at least at that time on that particular street, people from vastly different cultures had somehow managed to communicate.

---Antonio Castaneda

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

Anyways, i think you get the drift, but as always SOuljah, or some other member, will as always try to claim this is not true, etc, etc.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Muaddib, thanks for the quotes. Makes for interesting reading. Particularly the last one talking about the needs of a unifying Islamic vision...

If one man could seal the breach between shi'ite and sunni, he'd be a veritable mahdi or messiah. And Islam would rule the world.

Oh, and here's a neat-o link with some pictures of liberation, American style, in Afghanistan: Death Made In America

-S

[edit on 30-4-2006 by Savonarola]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Muaddib,

Our soldiers are good hearted with their best intentions at heart. What is your point?

I dont think anyone here thinks that our soldiers would kick kids in the streets or fire on them on purpose

In VietNam, my husband was always surrounded by children, and he cries when he sees the pictures in his album.

What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? We undoubtedly have the best troops and through no fault of their own, they are involved in a meaningless war- They are doing their duty.

This war is no reflection on them. They signed for duty for many reasons- to protect our country and get some education.
This government owes them a huge apology.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Id like to ask any Americans who have to pretend their Canadian when they travel abroad if they think that.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Here are the Highlights of War on Terror:

America’s Corporate “Cash Cow”—Iraq

Fallujah Leveled by Uranium Weapons from Oklahoma

U.S. contractors in Iraq allege abuses

Top U.S. General Sees Lasting Iraq Insurgency

Iraqis Endure Worse Conditions Than Under Saddam, UN Survey Finds

C.I.A. Expanding Terror Battle Under Guise of Charter Flights

U.S. Effort to “Spread Democracy” Leaves A Trail of Conflict and Suffering

US lied to Britain over use of napalm in Iraq war

Bush's War Creates Terror!

Pentagon War Crimes: 250.000 Nagasaki Bombs in Iraq

Report of 180 Types of US Human Rights Violations Since 9/11

25,000 civilians killed since Iraq invasion, says report

Proposed new anti-terrorist laws will be counterproductive

Militias on the Rise Across Iraq

Iraq: The Unseen War

Iraq Worse Than Vietnam -- in Number of Journalists Killed

Iraq war costs more per month than Vietnam

Security Contractors in Iraq Under Scrutiny After Shootings

Powell regrets UN speech on Iraq WMDs

Iraq: Death Squads And Diplomacy

Former Head of Abu Ghraib, Admits She Broke the Geneva Conventions

Experts Say America Is Losing War on Terror

The media are minimising US and British war crimes in Iraq

Arab World Remains Hostile, Fearful Toward US

Muslim Scholars Were Paid to Aid U.S. Propaganda

Half of Iraqis Support Attacks on GIs

UN Report: US Is Abusing Captives

Rice admits "Thousands" of Errors in Iraq

Army Hired Criminals as Security Guards

And,

From the same people who brought you "War in Iraq" now comes: "War in Iran"

Oh, I feel so Safer now!

So much Peace and Stability and Democracy in the Middle East, that it's just too much to handle!

And with the forthcoming War with Iran - what can go Wrong?

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Quote from Mauddib:
Saddam's regime was not supposed to have any wmd related material, including documents that deal with wmd programs, yet as the evidence has shown, there was evidence of wmd related material, as well as tons of documents, parts of centrifuges for Uranium enrichment which were essential to start a nuclear weapons program, empty chemical warheads, missiles which were banned from Iraq and were found in scrapyards around the world, missiles which were banned from Iraq yet they were fired upon coalition forces in Kuwait at the start of the war, etc, etc.

Realized in my last post on the previous page I didn't respond to this paragraph.

Yes, the UN found a lot of these before we invaded. They all come from the pre-shutdown period before '97, when everyone knows, as we agree on, Iraq was working on WMD's. But this just takes me back to what I said before- it's odd that only Bush found it necessary to invade Iraq despite everyone else in the world, including prior administrations in the US, saying more or less the same thing about Iraq having WMD's.

Even more odd when you consider that the CIA warned Bush that the only situation they could picture Saddam actually using them, if he had them, if the US invaded Iraq!

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
bORING
Of course theres always been terrorism."one mans terrist is anothers freedom fighter"
By starting wars such as Iraq u theoritically reduce terrorism because terrorits come to one place. BAGHDAD. lol
Den the Hummers and Abrams do there thing!

Hope peace comes, By the way peace in the middle east wont come about till either isreal takes over the whole region (meaning no one can possibly challange it)
Or someone takes out isreal

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Darn it, if it werent for your constant anti-Bush sentiments, do you realize that the 75 % of us who share the same feelings wouldnt exist???

Its all your fault

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I have to admit one quality I love about Bush: his ability to take jokes. That CNN coverage last night of him with the Bush impersonator... repeating "nuCLEAR weapons"... edged him a little into my good books. Only a little, though.

-S

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Since when has there been love from Europe towards the U.S.? Never in fact, and that hate has been brewed and imported into the United States.

DG, where did I claim that the reason why you, and others like you, believe all the problems in the world are because of the U.S. is because of Souljah? Never have I said that.

I am not like some people who claim all the evil things that happens in the world is because of one person, one government, one nation. ....Making such claims starting from the Russian's tactics against the people in Chechnya were learnt from the U.S., hence the U.S. is the one responsible, to the death of people in Sudan and around the world is all the fault of the U.S.... even if the U.S. is not involved...

Good job DG, you have fallen and are agreeing with someone who is spreading one of the reasons your parents left Cuba for when you were 3 years old, the propaganda and lies that "everything is the fault of the U.S."...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join