It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global War Imminent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Global war imminent? I think it just happened on this thread.
I think its ok to post disturbing stuff on this site, but perhaps a little more warning next time?
To say pictures of dead kids is propaganda may be technically true. But it defiantly wasn’t made up; one sided maybe, but even historians can't write an unbiased account of history. So nearly everything is one sided, it would always be unless you included everything, in a very particular order. This would take a lot of paper and would probably end up being quite boring.
So its barely propaganda even if it is. More information is truly a better description.

Back To Subject...

I think skyscape makes a valid point. There is a lot more going on here. After all why is China so keen to support Iran? What does China have to gain from a globally high oil price?
Or are we to kid ourselves and say that the country of child labour, political prisoner and so on has suddenly taken a moral stand; a great leap forward you might think?
Somehow I don't think so.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I don't don't know where all this talk hindus came from but, the instances you(whoever quoted) are of insurgents and not the muslim population in general. If there was a real problem, India would've been torn by civil war a long time ago. The Gujarat riots had the potential to flame such an event if..IF the country had enough fuel for it. Obviously it didn't.
I say this to all, once and for all:
India is secular, India has the second largest muslim population in the world(yes its true) and India will maintain sanity in this time of hatred. We work hard to maintain our multi-ethnic diverse population and we will NOT be drawn into some retarded religious confrontation. To us those 22 killed were "people(children) killed by terrorists" and nothing else to us Indians. Leave us out of this crusade-like hysteria. please..

On topic:

India will not intervene if the Us invades Iran. We will condemn it like hell,but it is not in our interest to prop ourselves as a military opposition. Neither is it in the interests of Russia or China t odo so. They(mostly Russia) might help Iran in the same way the US 'helped' the Afghans against the soviets, but overt military confrontation is out of the question.
Pakistan will be in a tight spot, but it can't do much to help Iran. Its hands are tied.
Bottomline, global war is NOT imminent ppl, because Russia,China, India, Pakistan and the rest of the world will try their best to stop the US from invading Iran.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by g210

China gets their oil from Iran. And Iran gets the weapons from Russia.
Iran is relevant for China and Russia.

Sanctions will not work. UN knows that.

Russia suggest to let Iran a small and controleld nuclear programm.
US! refuses this.

Therefore UN will not find a solution. Except one of the 3 sides (Iran / China+Russia / US) gives up it's position which will not happen...

lets ponder...why are russia and china not extremely worried about iran having the ability to enrich uranium for whatever reasons unlike the us? why?

what have they done or not done to warrant such a nonchalant attitude towards iran and conversely what has the usa done or not done to be so worried?

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
You're wrong. Russia and China are extremely worried about Iran's nuclear ambitions, peaceful or not. As I've said before NOBODY wants another nuclear-capable state in the region.. NOBODY.
The problem is that Russia and China feel that Iran should be dealt with in a different manner than what is being proposed by the west.This is boviously because both have economic interests in Iran.That does NOT mean they don't care if Iran enrihes uranium or not, let alone build N-weapons.
This is common knowledge. I don't undersatnd why everybody is pitting Russia and China on the other side..

Get over the paranoia people.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
china and russia are extremely worried lol...im sure they are...thats why russia is selling iran weapons...think abt it...

"...I don't undersatnd why everybody is pitting Russia and China on the other side..." unfortunately that is not the only thing you dont understand...and who cares if everyone is pitting them on the other side...

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpanishFly
china and russia are extremely worried lol...im sure they are...thats why russia is selling iran weapons...think abt it...

"...I don't undersatnd why everybody is pitting Russia and China on the other side..." unfortunately that is not the only thing you dont understand...and who cares if everyone is pitting them on the other side...

Selling Iran weapons has nothing to do with the the nuclear issue. Its an arms industry and Russia's been known to sell weapons to potential enemies even.
(China is a case in point)
Let me ask you a question:
Would the US/the west permit Saudi Arabia to go nuclear?(irrespective of Iran's N ambitions).
Or would it view the hypothetical Saudi nuclear weapons program as a cause of great worry?
The answer is obvious.
And so is the fact that Saudi Arabia is not a democracy and it buy loads of weapons from the US and the west.

So you see its not so clear cut as you and most paranoid ppl here believe it to be.
Russia may well want to prep Iran for a war so that it might destabilise the US if and when it invades Iran. A tit-for-tat vis-a-vis Afghanistan.That maybe in their strategic interests. But a nuclear Iran is NOT is their(nore China's) strategic interests. It not in ANYBODY's interests except maybe Iran, and a few arab states.
You see Russia could pull the plug on its input into Iran nuclear program whenever it wants. But that would be a grave economic/political compromise.
Bottom line is Russia (and China) don't want to 'jump the gun' on the Iranian nuclear issue.

And what else do I not understand?
And if you don't care about the fact that you're demonising anything/anybody that opposes US hegemony in theregion, then well.. I think you're just over here for a slugging contest.. Hope you're not..

[edit on 7-5-2006 by Daedalus3]

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Here's an interesting article pertaining to US-Russian relation's.

reuters.myway.com...

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Selling Iran weapons has nothing to do with the the nuclear issue. Its an arms industry and Russia's been known to sell weapons to potential enemies even.

nothing?...really...first u say russia is extremely worried abt iran...but its ok for russia to sell iran weapons...i guarantee you 1 thing tho...russia is not as worried as u think they are...

And so is the fact that Saudi Arabia is not a democracy and it buy loads of weapons from the US and the west.

if thats the case...why doesnt the us sell weapons to iran lol?

So you see its not so clear cut as you and most paranoid ppl here believe it to be.
Russia may well want to prep Iran for a war so that it might destabilise the US if and when it invades Iran. A tit-for-tat vis-a-vis Afghanistan.That maybe in their strategic interests.

now now...theres no need to label me or anyone else paranoid etc...yea...it may be in russias strategic interests...so?

Bottom line is Russia (and China) don't want to 'jump the gun' on the Iranian nuclear issue.
yes they dont seem to be as panicky as the us...

And if you don't care about the fact that you're demonising anything/anybody that opposes US hegemony in theregion
am i? arent you the one with that job or did u not understand what you wrote?

then well I think you're just over here for a slugging contest.. Hope you're not..
youre too emotional...did i hurt your feelings?

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
[edit on 7-5-2006 by Mog_of_Eligius]

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   

nothing?...really...first u say russia is extremely worried abt iran...but its ok for russia to sell iran weapons...i guarantee you 1 thing tho...russia is not as worried as u think they are...

And how worried do I think the Russians are??!
Mindreader aye??!!

My point (read plz) is that Russia and China do NOT want Iran to have nukes and that has nothing to do with them selling Iran conventional weapons!!
Comprendez?
Get real.. and try to get my point while you're at it..

Another case in point:
The US supplied Pakistan loads of weapons(incld. F16s) in the early 80s even though Pakistan had a raging N weaps enrichment program of which the US had FULL knowledge. Only when Pakistan reached the weaps threshold
(80%+ enrichment) did the US 'wake up' and slap sanctions
(Pressler Amendment et all).

if thats the case...why doesnt the us sell weapons to iran lol?

Are you really asking me this?!! Caramba!!
Do you know why the US sells weapons to Saudi Arabia in the first place?Even though thy may be used against Israel one day?

Or why the US shoved state-of-the-art weaponry down the Afghan throats in the 80s?
The world ain't good and bad, black and white as you may see it.
There are plots within plots, strategies within strategies.
The above mentioned Pakistan point is relevant here as well.

now now...theres no need to label me or anyone else paranoid etc...yea...it may be in russias strategic interests...so?

So... deal with it. The US ain't the only country to have global ambitions..
Don't mix strategic ambitions with N-proliferation.

am i? arent you the one with that job or did u not understand what you wrote?

Maybe I didn't understand what you wrote, granted ,but I'm not the one demonising Russia and China.

youre too emotional...did i hurt your feelings?

Not the least..As you said,since you phrased your initial post in a series of rhetorics, I may have misunderstood the true answers to/intentions behind those rhetorics.
Maybe you should clarify what you intended to say here?

lets ponder...why are russia and china not extremely worried about iran having the ability to enrich uranium for whatever reasons unlike the us? why?

what have they done or not done to warrant such a nonchalant attitude towards iran and conversely what has the usa done or not done to be so worried?

Due apologies for labeling you as paranoid w/o really understanding what you meant, although it definitely needs to be applied to a large section of ATS members esp. on the Terrorism Forum.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

My point (read plz) is that Russia and China do NOT want Iran to have nukes and that has nothing to do with them selling Iran conventional weapons!!
Comprendez?

you have changed your stance have you? how convenient...

The world ain't good and bad, black and white as you may see it.
There are plots within plots, strategies within strategies.
The above mentioned Pakistan point is relevant here as well.

you realise...good for you...

Don't mix strategic ambitions with N-proliferation.

YES!! at last you realise the faults in your arguements, or have you??

but I'm not the one demonising Russia and China.

youre not???? lol...re-read what you have written thus far...
dude...can i ask if youre in anyway different from a normal human being?
ie...are you taking any drugs prescribed to you by doctors?

are you able to walk/enjoy life like a normal person?
if you dont pls let me know and i will stop coz i will know what im dealing with...

Due apologies for labeling you as paranoid w/o really understanding what you meant
???? you really puzzle me lol...

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
You're wrong. Russia and China are extremely worried about Iran's nuclear ambitions, peaceful or not. As I've said before NOBODY wants another nuclear-capable state in the region.. NOBODY.
The problem is that Russia and China feel that Iran should be dealt with in a different manner than what is being proposed by the west.This is boviously because both have economic interests in Iran.That does NOT mean they don't care if Iran enrihes uranium or not, let alone build N-weapons.
This is common knowledge. I don't undersatnd why everybody is pitting Russia and China on the other side..

Get over the paranoia people.

Yeah i am sure a hindue whos country is enemies of China wouldn't be talking trash about another country allied to one of those right?. If both China and Russia didn't did care about a nuclear Iran and were worried they both would literally tell us off and cancell the nuclear power plants even through economiclly and military it doesn't even matter if they have economic interest, and as far as i know the regoin in the middle east are fine with a nuclear iran and support it but unlike India who can't even feed its own people and in which i see everybody instead of cars go around with donkeys and wagons on back for transportation. By 2020 Chinas energy demands will increase to 150 percent and by 2010 it will get 90 times the number of cars than it had before, do you know what country China needs for all those? you guessed it IRAN obviously. If China lose Iran than all their cars, planes, transportation vehicles and factories, companies will all be shut down. US can't even afford a new war nor has any allies/troops to counter against one so all this is just bluff that some people talk off.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   

you have changed your stance have you? how convenient...

Have I now? From what to what?
maybe you could quote me and prove it..

you realise...good for you...

The problem was you didn't realise..

YES!! at last you realise the faults in your arguements, or have you??

Which are..?

youre not???? lol...re-read what you have written thus far...

Again please quote instances where I've demonised Russia and China..

dude...can i ask if youre in anyway different from a normal human being?
ie...are you taking any drugs prescribed to you by doctors?
are you able to walk/enjoy life like a normal person?
if you dont pls let me know and i will stop coz i will know what im dealing with...

wtf does that have to do with anything? All its shows it that you may have a pre-meditated bias for the handicapped..which I am not incidently..not that it matters anyways..

you really puzzle me lol...

You still haven't explained what you meant by your vague rhetorics..
Or is that just bait for a big strawman arguement?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran

Yeah i am sure a hindue whos country is enemies of China wouldn't be talking trash about another country allied to one of those right?.

You have a problem with hindus?
Pity.. I don't have any with muslims..

And guess what... my country's got more muslims than yours!
(however childish it may sound)
So don't go about hinduing me..
And nobody's enemies with China.

If both China and Russia didn't did care about a nuclear Iran and were worried they both would literally tell us off and cancell the nuclear power plants even through economiclly and military it doesn't even matter if they have economic interest,

Russia and China DO have a problem with:

1. A nuclear weapons state of Iran
2. A Iran which enriches uranium irrespective of whether it is weapons-grade or not..

If you know/think otherwise then please give sources..
Again.. don't gimme that rubbish about them selling you weapons..

and as far as i know the regoin in the middle east are fine with a nuclear iran and support it but unlike India who can't even feed its own people and in which i see everybody instead of cars go around with donkeys and wagons on back for transportation.

Like Iran can feed its own people

donkeys and wagons? Sure we have that in rural areas just like Iran.
You got a problem with that?

By 2020 Chinas energy demands will increase to 150 percent and by 2010 it will get 90 times the number of cars than it had before, do you know what country China needs for all those? you guessed it IRAN obviously. If China lose Iran than all their cars, planes, transportation vehicles and factories, companies will all be shut down.

Really? That is why China just completed an Indo-US like deal with Australia(one of the worlds largest sources of uranium) which opened up half of its reactors to IAEA safeguards.
Google hits on the deal
China doesn't 'depend' on Iran with the desparation you outline..
"All companies will shutdown" it seems

US can't even afford a new war nor has any allies/troops to counter against one so all this is just bluff that some people talk off.

I don't know about the troops bit but I agree about the fact that this conflict is very very unlikely..
However.. the Russians or the Chinese will not support Iran if the US attacks.They'll sell them weapons alright.. but no open support.
Happened with Iraq in the Gulf war in 91'.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by undecided2

overall, what you are saying is that it is the usa's responibility to referee & babysit the entire planet. i disagree. we are not the watchdog for future attacks. how long was our government aware of what was happening in germany (hitler) before we decided to do something about it? we waited until japan bombed pearl harbor before we entered any war... and when we did, i personally believe we took the pansy way out by bombing civilians and killing more then 500,000 people. today's america needs to get their asses in camoflauge and stand up for themselves, face to face, just to recapture our lost reputation. war planes; bah!!!! my heart goes out to the young american men and women that get up and work everyday in iraq. do i agree with the reasons we are there? NO! but who really does? weapons of mass destruction, "wmd", now they're all over iran, too? i dont think so, it's just another government plow to have our attentions turned to the guys helpng our enemies in the iraq "war"... or as i call it, the "we need military bases in the middle east war".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join