It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

purple frog

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It is a weird looking creature. If you stare at it too long it is like it is trying to hypnotize you. I don't trust you Mr. Frog.

I wonder if anybody has tried licking it yet?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by triplesod

Great find Tripelsod.

Maybe you can lick it and get high?
Who knows, I'd probably tie a friend down and make them lick it to find out.
No, seriously.
I wonder if it's poisonous. Lol

[edit on 7-7-2009 by h1satsu]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod

Originally posted by e-nonymous
does anyone want to provide a #ing link or are we supposed to figure it out from the picture? just woindering

A frogging link, surely!

arf arf arf!

Pupelious Bastardios

I like you now, you are no longer a foe! That's some funny frogging poop right there.

Scientists have recently discovered a very strange breed of frog. It's a kind of "living fossil" whose great great grandparents lived during the time of the dinosaurs. The doughnut-shaped, purple frog was found in a "biodiversity hotspot" in the mountains of southern India. It is bloated and purple and has very tiny eyes. Look how small the head is.

Keep up the good froggin work!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by triplesod

looks like a cross b/w a mole and a frog....crazy looking too...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Very cool, kinda cute too, it;s interesting that a purple frog has stayed in existence this long...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
That doesnt look new, it looks like a shovel-nose frog or whatever its called.
I remember the face from when I was little I loved to read about them.
Although maybe the colour is new

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This thread is from 2003 ^_^

But, I think someone posted a correct link earlier to an article which isn't there anymore. It is called a purple frog or a pignosed frog. It was mentioned in the article about unique frogs that I created this thread about.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nasikabatrachus sahyadrensis is a frog species belonging to the family Sooglossidae. It can be found in the Western Ghats in India. Common names for this species are Purple Frog or Pignose Frog. It was discovered in October 2003 and was found to be unique for the geographic region.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Che
Yup, read about this today. Apparantly it's a species of frog from 1000's of years ago when T-Rex ruled. Quite amazing really.

were was it @ when they found it

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

This article says that they found it in "the Western Ghats Mountains of Southern India."

It seems like it's found only in the Western Ghats.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
oh weird! for some reason the body shape reminds me of those frogs that have the small holes in their backs, and their young live inside them! gross!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockmotron

Surinam Toads?

www.honoluluzoo.org...

With her back near the water surface, the female deposits 60 to 100 eggs. They are fertilized by the male and distributed over the back of the female. Eggs adhere and sink into the sponge-like dorsal skin. Within 24 hours, the female's back begins to swell around the eggs. By 10 days, each egg will be embedded in a chamber, producing a "honeycomb" on female's back. They remain on her back until fully metamorphosed (12 to 20 weeks), then push out through the membranes covering the pockets. Young are cannibalistic and have no gills or tails (reabsorbed during development).

Surinam toads are AWESOME!! I saw one at an aquarium recently.

Pictures here: keithnotkieth.blogspot.com...

[edit on 7/28/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
ah jeez! yes, those are the ones i was talking about! ugh! i really wish i hadn't watched that! i am truly disgusted. but thanks for the info!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockmotron

You're very welcome!!

It may be gross, but now you have that much more random information about animals to talk about at parties.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join