It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian attempt to steal Dutch mass destruction technology

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
A short message in the Dutch news:

Iran made an attempt to obtain secret Dutch information about mass destruction weapons last year. Iranian spies tried to obtain knowledge by infiltrating governmental agencies, companies, and universities.

The Dutch intelligence agency's commander in chief, Van Hulst, announced this during the presentation of annual report 2005.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

No English publications yet.

Yes, right, the Iranian plans are peaceful.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Is there a Headline today that does NOT involve Iran here?

Simply amazing.

"It's time mister President..."

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Is there a Headline today that does NOT involve Iran here?

Simply amazing.

If the shoe fits...............

I seem to recall a few weeks ago where every other headline was Iran had this weapon system or this boat. They were building their own jet engines and their aircraft industry was doing great.

[edit on 28-4-2006 by JIMC5499]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
If the shoe fits...............

I seem to recall a few weeks ago whee every other headline was Iran had this weapon system or this boat. They were building their own jet engines and their aircraft industry was doing great.

And?

Actually they are playing by the "rules" of the "game" which they did not invent - this "game" was already in place before they tried to obtain all sorts of military technology. And - so what? How many jet engines and aircraft industry does USA have? And - does anybody protest against it? Does anybody write about that? Nope.

Hate the GAME - don't hate the PLAYA.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Souljah,

If you time after time mention your nuclear activities are for peaceful purposes only, and in the meanwhile illegally try to obtain information about weapons of mass destruction, that's quite suspicious isn't it?

[edit on 28-4-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
And?

Actually they are playing by the "rules" of the "game" which they did not invent - this "game" was already in place before they tried to obtain all sorts of military technology. And - so what? How many jet engines and aircraft industry does USA have? And - does anybody protest against it? Does anybody write about that? Nope.

Hate the GAME - don't hate the PLAYA.

And Nothing. I have no problem with this. It just seems that when it is good news for Iran you want it shouted from the rooftops, when it isn't good news it's everybody is picking on poor Iran.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
If you time after time mention your nuclear activities are for peaceful purposes only, and in the meanwhile illegally try to obtain information about weapons of mass destruction, that's quite suspicious isn't it?

Dude, as I said before - it's the GAME.

How many times have any other country spyied on their "enemies"?

And, if the US can play Dirty, so can anybody else, I guess.

As I said before - Hate the GAME...

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The Dutch have WMDs? Are they part of the Axis of evil yet?

Couldn't resist. Sorry. Not trying to make light.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Mdv: Can you provide a link to that, I can't find it anywhere online, thanks.

Also, it says "secret Dutch information about mass destruction weapons".

Does this mean blueprints? Sketches? Info the Dutch have on Russian WMDs?

Which is why the link would help, because this info on its own is only dangerous if you're paranoid.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

Don't worry, I am used to it

To quote you:

Couldn't resist. Sorry. Not trying to make light.

Average IQ of a:
German: 107
Dutch: 107
Italian: 102
American: 98
Canadian: 97

Originally posted by Jakomo
Mdv: Can you provide a link to that, I can't find it anywhere online, thanks.

Also, it says "secret Dutch information about mass destruction weapons".

Does this mean blueprints? Sketches? Info the Dutch have on Russian WMDs?

Which is why the link would help, because this info on its own is only dangerous if you're paranoid.

As stated before, I haven't been able to find and English sources yet, but here you can find a short summary of the annual report:

www.aivd.nl.../views/aivd/xdl/page&SitIdt=25&VarIdt=13&ItmIdt=81364

For security purposes they haven't published what exactly the Iranians have tried to obtain, only the fact that they were intensively looking for information on WMD's in the Netherlands.

Don't forget Khan, who spied at Dutch nuclear facilities, and thereafter sold the (non WMD) nuclear technology to: Iran, Libya, and Pakistan.

www.acronym.org.uk...

Abdul Qadeer Khan had undertaken postgraduate work in metallurgical engineering in West Germany and Belgium, receiving his Ph.D. from the Catholic University of Leuven in 1972. He found employment working for the Anglo-Dutch-German centrifuge enrichment partnership, URENCO. In 1974, Khan wrote Bhutto that he was willing to return and work for Pakistan. He left URENCO in 1976, bringing with him stolen centrifuge designs and, perhaps more importantly, a list of 100 companies that supplied centrifuge parts and materials. After a brief stint within the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission structure, he moved to the Engineering Research Laboratories, setting up a uranium enrichment plant in Kahuta. Within four years of returning home, his progress was significant enough that then-President Zia ul-Haq renamed the facility. Khan Research Laboratories (KRL) was born.8

[edit on 29-4-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Shouldn't we be bombing the crap out the Dutch then? Sanctions? Invasion and occupation? No, that's right, they can have WMD's because they aren't 'out to get you'. People have been gathering stones together since we learned to throw them, kind of sick really, but what's really sick is sitting on a rock pile and and bitching about others collecting the gravel that rolls off it from time to time.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Mdv2:

As stated before, I haven't been able to find and English sources yet, but here you can find a short summary of the annual report:

So how do you know what it says? You speak Dutch?

Until I can find a way to translate this, I'll reserve the right to call bs.

Iran is only mentioned twice in the article from what I can see.

-jako

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The only Dutch WMD's I am aware of are cartoons depicting Muhammad.

And they were devastating too, all you need to do is publish them and Muslims start rioting and killing themselves by the dozens all over the world.

And to comment on the real story here:

Is anybody suprised by this? How much have they stolen we arent aware of? For every instance we learn about, there are most likely many more instances we will never know about.

[edit on 1-5-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

And they were devastating too, all you need to do is publish them and Muslims start rioting and killing themselves by the dozens all over the world.

Is anybody suprised by this? How much have they stolen we arent aware of? For every instance we learn about, there are most likely many more instances we will never know about.

Skippy,

I don't want to bother you, but the cartoons were Danish....
The Netherlands has the information and capability to build WMDs, but no reason or need to build them.

[edit on 1-5-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Shouldn't we be bombing the crap out the Dutch then? Sanctions? Invasion and occupation? No, that's right, they can have WMD's because they aren't 'out to get you'. People have been gathering stones together since we learned to throw them, kind of sick really, but what's really sick is sitting on a rock pile and and bitching about others collecting the gravel that rolls off it from time to time.

Right, because, you know, all those Dutch extremists who are talking about destroying other nations. Oh wait, sorry, my bad, there AREN'T ANY.

I think Souljah is just so blinded by hate of the US that if Bush came out at noon and said it was day that Souljah would say it was night and then come out swinging.

EDIT - Yes I know I quoted Twitchy rather than Souljah, it was more succinct to do so and seemed to have the same thrust

[edit on 1-5-2006 by Marid Audran]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Mdv2:

So how do you know what it says? You speak Dutch?

Until I can find a way to translate this, I'll reserve the right to call bs.

Iran is only mentioned twice in the article from what I can see.

-jako

Yes, I speak English, German, Italian and Dutch. Unfortunately the majority of the Ami's and Canadians don't speak any other language apart from English. Especially because you guys live on an island and hardly know what happens outside your countries.

If you speak more than one language you'd be able to watch other stations instead of ABC News only.

Glad to be a Euro.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

As stated before, those cartoons where Danish. You know, from Denmark. look it up in your atlas. Then take a look a the south, then there is Holland (or The Netherlands), the home of the Dutch.

quote: Originally posted by sensfan

No we're not. We are stockpiling the WMD of the USA. Dont get me wrong, im pretty happy those nukes were here and still are here.

To all the naysayers, im a Dutchman, and also have read those headlines during the weekend. Where in a couple of newspaper, not the "telegraaf" kind of newspapers (tabloids), but in serious, opinion style newspapers.

Right, because, you know, all those Dutch extremists who are talking about destroying other nations. Oh wait, sorry, my bad, there AREN'T ANY.

Well, there are. Ever heard of the terrorist group called "de Hofstadgroep" . Currently in custody, but one member of this group killed dutch moviemaker Theo van Gogh in december 2004 for islamic reasons.

[edit on 1-5-2006 by teknobass]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Shouldn't we be bombing the crap out the Dutch then? Sanctions? Invasion and occupation? No, that's right, they can have WMD's because they aren't 'out to get you'. People have been gathering stones together since we learned to throw them, kind of sick really, but what's really sick is sitting on a rock pile and and bitching about others collecting the gravel that rolls off it from time to time

Why would you invade one of your (closest) Allies ? THe only reason the USA would want to invade our country is to set free an american prisoner of the International Criminal Court in The Hague. A couple of years ago, your goverment was preparing a law which permitted that..

Also, If we have WMD's on our soil, especially nukes, there not under our command, but under command of the US goverment. Dont know about Biological of Chemical agents, but I doubt we have em. Because if we did, then there are a couple of pretty left political parties which dont want them here, and they will do everything necessary to bring out those details.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by teknobass

Originally posted by Marid Audran

Well, there are. Ever heard of the terrorist group called "de Hofstadgroep" . Currently in custody, but one member of this group killed dutch moviemaker Theo van Gogh in december 2004 for islamic reasons.

Interesting. Just did some reading on "de Hofstadgroep" a.k.a. the Hosftad Network. They folow the idology of another bag of nuts called Takfir wal-Hijra (Arabic تكفير والهجرة - Excommunication and Exodus) whose:

[...]Takfir wal-Hijra's ideology is so extreme that in 1996 the group plotted to assassinate Osama bin Laden, supposedly for being insufficiently radical. Many also considered the Taliban movement in Afghanistan to be unbelievers.

They think Osama's not radical enough?

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Interesting. Just did some reading on "de Hofstadgroep" a.k.a. the Hosftad Network. They folow the idology of another bag of nuts called Takfir wal-Hijra (Arabic تكفير والهجرة - Excommunication and Exodus) whose:

[...]Takfir wal-Hijra's ideology is so extreme that in 1996 the group plotted to assassinate Osama bin Laden, supposedly for being insufficiently radical. Many also considered the Taliban movement in Afghanistan to be unbelievers.

They think Osama's not radical enough?

Mohammed B actually is the leader of this group, he's the person whom killed Theo van Gogh, a movie producer whom produced Submission together with Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a Somalian Dutch politican.

The movie is about the harsh realites of Muslim women.
You can see a trailer here

Yes, really, there happens more outside the US than most of you Ami's think.

[edit on 1-5-2006 by Mdv2]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join