It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran 'fails to heed nuclear call'.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Sorry to scare the living daylights out of you all, but after reading this news.bbc.co.uk...

Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says his country "does not give a damn" about UN resolutions seeking to curb Tehran's nuclear programme.

Thank God I live in Australia ... I feel a tad safe here!

( I feel that waking up to these headlines is not that far away!)

[Mod Edit: Altered Title - Jak]

[edit on 28/4/06 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Massive Mushroom Cloud Sighted Near Tehran (Iran)!

Can you please correct your thread title.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You guys are quick to edit! Well done!

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The US should be worried, not about the Iranian missles, but Iran, a thread as a whole. The average Arab intensely hate the Ami's and their government more than any other country on this earth.

The Ami's don't expect another terrorist attack on US soil, that's what makes the US so vulnerable. Poisoning the drinking water could be a serious thread.

[edit on 28-4-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Massive Mushroom Cloud Sighted Near Tehran (Iran)! was the original title of this thread until it got edited!

Sorry Mods, I was just preparing users and members for the inevitable!! I did not think my title would be axed so quickly... as in being a member of a forum like this.

Do you actually think my comment could cause mass hysteria, confusion, panic, even a possible nuclear strike by the US?

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirwilliam
Massive Mushroom Cloud Sighted Near Tehran (Iran)! was the original title of this thread until it got edited!

Sorry Mods, I was just preparing users and members for the inevitable!! I did not think my title would be axed so quickly... as in being a member of a forum like this.

Do you actually think my comment could cause mass hysteria, confusion, panic, even a possible nuclear strike by the US?

Not on ATS, no.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Massive Mushroom Cloud Sighted Near Tehran (Iran)! was the original title of this thread until it got edited

Did you ever hear of the first radio broadcast of "War of the Worlds"?

A second point, though i credit you with not doing it on purpose, you did break a serious TAC(Terms and Conditions) by knowingly posting a lie!!!!!!!!!

For what it's worth, I do agree with you. I think Iran really wants a war and it will go nuclear.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
A conspiracy by ATS Mods!

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Massive Mushroom Cloud Sighted Near Tehran (Iran)! was the original title of this thread until it got edited

Did you ever hear of the first radio broadcast of "War of the Worlds"?

A second point, though i credit you with not doing it on purpose, you did break a serious TAC(Terms and Conditions) by knowingly posting a lie!!!!!!!!!

For what it's worth, I do agree with you. I think Iran really wants a war and it will go nuclear.

War of the Worlds was exactly what I was thinking when I posted it.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
For your info on War of the Worlds:
members.aol.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
and a pretty big one at that!!! If and when something happens will it still be as fun to make these kinds of remarks? When see all the death and destruction? I'm sure if something like that happened we'll all just go back to watching the Simpsons on sunday night and care about the bodies spread across the news. I'm sure it won't acually effect any of the western world (WHATEVER!)

Your comments are wrong, misleading and I have to ask how long you have been doing headlines for Fox news?

If nuclear war does happen it will effect everyone on this planet. If you don't believe me ask the 1 child born in chyernoble(sp) in the last 20 years! Thats right 1!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I hate Fox News, I am on CNN's side, even I in Australia know how much Fox pumps out the propaganda!

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Hmmm, where are the usual crowd of Iran apologists? I guess they'll be here soon enough...

Iran are showing blatant disregard for international opinion - everybody (Russia included) wants them to cooperate on this matter and they come out and say they don't give a damn about the UN.

This could be a make or break moment for the UNSC. Either they pull together and get tough on Iran, or they may as well scrap the whole idea of a Security Council as it clearly doesn't work.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Curio:

Iran are showing blatant disregard for international opinion - everybody (Russia included) wants them to cooperate on this matter and they come out and say they don't give a damn about the UN.

I thought the UN was "irrelevant"?

I thought the USA itself said so when they themselves showed blatant disregard for the UN and world opinion when the Security Council didn't vote for the Iraq Invasion and Bush said "Yeah well we're going in anyway".

You should have obviously listened to them. Maybe saved yourselves a few billion in cash and some lives of your children.

So pardon my laughter as you take Iran to task for showing blatant disregard for the United Nations, when the Bush Administration has done nothing but.

Bwahaha.

You are a war criminal apologist!

[edit on 28-4-2006 by Jakomo]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Curio:

I thought the USA itself said so when they themselves showed blatant disregard for the UN and world opinion when the Security Council didn't vote for the Iraq Invasion and Bush said "Yeah well we're going in anyway".

You should have obviously listened to them. Maybe saved yourselves a few billion in cash and some lives of your children.

So pardon my laughter as you take Iran to task for showing blatant disregard for the United Nations, when the Bush Administration has done nothing but.

Bwahaha.

You are a war criminal apologist!

Ahhh, I knew you wouldn't let me down

There's a very big difference between the US getting impatient with the UN failing to act, and Iran who are actually ignoring the UN/IAEA. Also, the USA is working with the UNSC now with Iran - it doesn't continue to ignore it like Iran does.

Nobody really knew what Iraq had in the way of WMD. How could they - the inspectors were never allowed to do their job properly. At least the US had the spine to find out once and for all, even when there was a chance nothing significant would be found. Both action and inaction pose risks - you take your chance either way.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

Yes you are right US don't need permission when it comes to do their spreading of democracy.

But when US went into Iraq they though it was going to be a piece of cake.

Now the biggest threat was not Iraq after all and our politicians knew that.

But Iran is the greatest threat to the world.

What should we do?

Should we allowed them to get their nuclear capabilities?

NO, I don't thing so.

I say lets bomb their plants and let them pick up the pieces.

This time is a real threat we are dealing with.

CX

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
"Timetable offer

However, Iran has offered to provide a timetable for co-operation with the IAEA if the UN nuclear agency, rather than the Security Council, oversaw Iranian compliance, the IAEA said.

"Iran will provide a timetable within the next three weeks" the IAEA said, if "the Iran nuclear dossier will remain, in full, in the framework of the IAEA and under its safeguards"."

The above came from this link.

english.aljazeera.net...

Would this be the little effort and compliance that could stop the US taking first action?

CX

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
From the above link. They have 164 centrifuges up and running. This is what all the hub-bub is about? Inspectors are there and monitoring, and even from what they say 164 centrifuges cannot make the purity thats needed for WOMD. It takes thousands of them. I think Bolton needs to remember who he works for and quit trying to get us to do another countries dirty work. He needs to go.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

But when US went into Iraq they though it was going to be a piece of cake.

Now the biggest threat was not Iraq after all and our politicians knew that.

But Iran is the greatest threat to the world.

They did know that, but just because there is a greater menace doesn't mean one can ignore the lesser. Besides, Iraq is a good staging point for Iran and it was much easier to crack than Iran would have been / will be in large part due to simple geography.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
Besides, Iraq is a good staging point for Iran and it was much easier to crack than Iran would have been / will be in large part due to simple geography.

Yes it was easier and more accessible to the US, with friends in Kuwait and Saudi.

But look what invasion has done.

Iraq is a Mecca for insurgency and terrorist on top of the sectarian fights is not control.

Iran should never be invaded just strategically attacked.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join