It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 1 Protest -Will it hurt or help illegals?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by larazainvader
Viva La Raza !!!! Viva Aztlan !!!, Finally we latinos are taking back what is ours! And you gringos y gringas can do nada about it. We have every right to flood the U.S. with illegales, to turn it into a third world country like Mehico. We have already introduced a virulent strain of tuberculosis into your country. Call Landrum Jr. High School in Houston, Texas and ask about that. Let us also introduce you to more hepatitis and a little disease called leprosy where the skin dies, literally turns to rotten flesh, and then falls off the bone. These diseases are quietly making a comeback amongst the border states courtesy of us. Our el presidente Vicente Fox is now your el presidente - he makes policy for you. Your president Bush and your token govt. is very weak. Your Senators pander and jockey for the latino vote - begging us to cross over. Surrender your social security and your pensions stupid Americanos! When the 20 million of us already here get citizenship then we will be eligible to bring over our entire families from the old country. Add to that the many, many niños we are quickly reproducing and in five years you will have an additional 100 million+ latinos, demolishing your famous "safety nets". When we need welfare, SSI, medicaid y medicare, bilingual education, food stamps, we come to you. Your companies will be heavily taxed to sustain us. Your social security system will be overcome by our mere presence and demands. Stupid Americanos! Have you ever smell the cesspools on a warm night in Mehico City? Have you ever taken the acrid air into your lungs as you defecate into the same fields where you also plant the strawberries you will later ship to unknowing, naive Americanos? You will drape yourself in Mehico's flag, your famous Alamo will be transformed into a monument to Santa Ana! Hiding in your rich houses, eating your rich foods...fat, prosperous, stupid Americanos. Your government has abandoned you. We are coming...we are here!!!! Viva La Raza!!! Viva Aztlan!!!

Juan, your new master

LOL Dude are you serious come on if you took the time to write all this down in english you are not very bright if you are latino and i was fox i'd cut your pepe off in order to save the gene pool

i found this to be an interesting read
www.altweeklies.com...

one more thing i'd like to add this is a question for all of you who think helping an undocumented imigrant is a crime.
HOW MANY TIMES A DAY DO YOU BREAK THE LAW LET THE INNOCENT CAST THE FIRST STONE I SAY!

[edit on 29-4-2006 by razor1000]

[edit on 29-4-2006 by razor1000]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Viva La Raza !!!! Viva Aztlan !!!, Finally we latinos are taking back what is ours! And you gringos y gringas can do nada about it. We have every right to flood the U.S. with illegales, to turn it into a third world country like Mehico.

I would not joke about that. Myself, I think it is going to hurt the immigrant community on a whole and not do a whole lot. A one day strike will do nothing. Means that eventually they will have to find employment and or buy something. Especially in the US. And the other problem is this. Most employers who employee illegal immigrants will either make things worse or turn the tables, especially in a critical industry where not showing up for a day will do absolutely nothing. And what is a day to the economy? NOt a whole lot, as most businesses look at the sales more at a week at a time. If it were a longer protest/strike, say about a week, that would have a more benifical effect than just a day.
Only other conflict that I can see coming up is the new propsed law in Mexico, making some hard drugs legal.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well it seems that quite a few businesses in my area have told their employees that if they are not at work on Monday, they don't have to bother returning to work as they will not have a job. Its called 'job abandonment' and its a legal remedy.

On the other hand ... Businesses and economists will just average out the weekly flow of money and compare it to any other week in the same period for a given number of years. My bet is that the 'demonstrators' will shop a little more heavily on the weekend (now) and in the following week, this is because they will consume more from spending more time at home and then purchasing from street vendors. Once it is averaged, and the amount of money saved by many businesses on one days payroll is brought into account, then it will be a good week for everyone except those who lost a days wage.

As for the hateful troll - if you open the borders completely, you had better learn Chinese. They'll work cheaper and there are over ten times as many of them compared to Mexico.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Who might be this larazinvder, whoever it is I think they need to be banned, as I see nothing but total ignorance in the posts made by this ovious racist person, time for the mods to check this one out!

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Monday might be a good day to go job hunting. Those who support this day of "job abandonment" really do miss the point of a valued employee. Employees who miss work on Monday will not be missed because they are immigrants or illegal immigrants, but because they have an obligation which their employer must depend upon to stay in business and so that he can provide products and services as well as provide jobs.

I need some part-time work. I think I'll fill out a few applications.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   

We have every right to flood the U.S. with illegales, to turn it into a third world country like Mehico.

Your entire post is meant to stir up anger IMO, but this one is undoubtedly the most ignorant opinion ever posted on ATS.

Just what is so wrong with your country as to why you want to immigrate here?

You people are sure proud, with your Mexican flag waving and pro-Mexican bumper stickers, of a nation that's no better than Haiti or Somalia.

And besides, the land of the United States has never been your people's and will never be.

Dream on invader! You and your people make me laugh!

ADDED: Just think. On 01 MAY 06, if the illegals keep their word, we'll be able to go shopping without having to run into any of these rude ingrates!

[edit on 30/4/06 by Intelearthling]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It would be a great day to get out there and look for a job- Grady, good luck to you. I'm sure you will find a good one too!!!

As far as the troll, he should be posting in a La Raza website. He'd be welcome there. Not here.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
www.americanpatrol.com...

Dobbs: The Mexican government lawmakers last night passed a resolution showing their overwhelming support for the demonstrations and boycott in the United States. All political parties in the lower house of the Mexican Congress approved the resolution. This is just the latest example of Mexican politics trying to influence U.S. policy and U.S. public opinion in the illegal alien amnesty debate.

This is not to be beleived. President Bush SHOULD be impeached for not putting a stop to this

He is the enabler, and he should do something drastic NOW.
Why doesnt he? The Mexican Republican vote? What the hell is going on with that man?

[edit on 30-4-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
This is not to be beleived. President Bush SHOULD be impeached for not
putting a stop to this
He is the enabler, and he should do something
drastic

I agree with you. I have just crossed over. He should be impeached.
His job is to protect and defend America and the constitution. This
country is being invaded and the invaders are BOLD. He does nothing.
Congress does nothing. I'm NOT a happy camper!

BTW ... you said he should do something drastic. I agree with that
however, the radical left would have a fit and complain. Damned if
we do and damned if we don't ...

The Mexican Republican vote?

I don't think that the mexican-american population votes republican.
I'll have to look up stats ... but I'm pretty sure it's like the black population...
democrat and social giveaways.

www.latinovote.com...

I tried to read the info but I'm on an old Gateway (2000) with ME software.
I just can't. Someone else will have to check on how latinos vote in this country.
I provided a link that I believe has the info.

[edit on 4/30/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   

As far as this feeling of entitlement these illegals have, the credit goes to president Bush directly.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by dgtempe]

President Bush's immigration position more closely resemble those of President Jimmy Carter (a nice man, but a failed Chief Executive). For the President to boldly push for the legalization of Tonks (of any nation of origin) is a disgrace to himself and to these folks Border Patrol Agents Killed On Duty

[edit on 30-4-2006 by raggedhole]

[edit on 30-4-2006 by raggedhole]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Humans always leave a problem, only to recreate the same problem all over again. Look at Latin America people! If the illegal immigration continues your future will be poverty with massive government programs.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

This is not to be beleived. President Bush SHOULD be impeached for not putting a stop to this

California approved ithe Great American Boycott before Mexico:
State Senate endorses Monday's immigrant boycott Thursday, April 27, 2006

Bush made it Law day and talks about seperation of powers

Law Day, U.S.A., 2006
A Proclamation by the President of the United States of America

This year's Law Day theme, "Liberty Under Law: Separate Branches, Balanced Powers," honors the wisdom of the separation of powers that the Framers of our Constitution established for the Federal Government. Delegates to the Constitutional Convention recognized the risks that accompany the concentration of power and devised a system in which the Federal Government's authorities are divided among three independent branches. James Madison highlighted the importance of our Constitution's separation of powers when he wrote, "the accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands . . . may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, in accordance with Public Law 87-20, as amended, do hereby proclaim May 1, 2006, as Law Day, U.S.A. I call upon all the people of the United States to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies and activities. I also call upon Government officials to display the flag of the United States in support of this national observance.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

More info here in regards to El Gran Paro Americano 2006 :
www.nohr4437.org...

So where's the grassroots movment and protest against the Corporate Slave State policies?

I think the lessons here is even slave laborers have minds of thier own and you can only abuse workers so much, before they rise up and rebel against the machine.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
worldnetdaily.com...

Supposedly the Muslims in this country are being asked to join in.
I don't buy what worldnutdaily says ... but in this case I'm going to
do some checking. Obviously the Mexican invasion is good for
the radical muslim terrorists ... so common sense says that they
would loooooooove to see a war between the USA and Mexico.

"In solidarity with immigration activists around the country, the Muslim Public
Affairs Council as well as the Council on American-Islamic Relations - Los Angeles,
the Islamic Shura Council of Southern California, the L.A. Latino Muslim
Association, the Muslim American Society - Los Angeles, and the Muslim Students
Association - West are calling on American Muslims to participate in a day of
action on May 1, 2006," says a statement from the Muslim Public Affairs Council

[edit on 4/30/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
I think the lessons here is even slave laborers ...

Slave laborers? Hardly. The ILLEGALS came here of their own
free will. They are free to leave and go home anytime.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
www.renewamerica.us...

Some questions for those illegals who are protesting
on May 1st. EXCELLENT questions and excellent reading!
PASS THEM ALONG via email.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   

He is the enabler, and he should do something drastic NOW.
Why doesnt he? The Mexican Republican vote? What the hell is going on with that man?

Impeach Bush for something the Mexican government did?? You have to be kidding.

There is nothing other then seeking a diplomatic solution by asking that Mexico not support the illegals. As it stands now he has absolutely no say in the matter, all he can do is suggest.

Now if he was president of Mexico he could veto the legislation but he is not president of Mexico and has no official say in what they do within their own country.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
President Bush evidently has not made it clear to Fox that something must be done immediatedly.
President Bush has not enforced the closing of the borders either.
Furthermore, President Bush is all for amnesty for these people. Look, if the president of the United States is for some form of amnesty, he is sending a direct message to the illegal latin community that they are entitled to not only protest, but to continue with their demands.

Dont you think?

We cannot control what happens in Mexico, but we surely could control what happens here!

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Slave laborers? Hardly. The ILLEGALS came here of their own
free will. They are free to leave and go home anytime.

If a company pays you a fraction of real wages and you continue to work for them, then your are a slave. So which one would you rather do, clean Rush's toilets or go back to Mexico and die off? They came here cause someone is paying them to stay here and living in Mexico with ever growing levels of poverty, disease, oppression, violence, kleptocracy, and starvation is not an option for any person with a lick of sense.

The Rape of the Working Class

Illegal immigration is a means by which corporations savage America’s working class. Although the media conglomerates have misrepresented the undocumented worker influx as primarily being a racial issue, it is actually an economic bludgeon. Business interests encourage illegal immigration for the purposes of depressing wages and subverting workplace safety laws. The Wall Street brokerage firm Bear Stearns uses the word “systematic” when describing the replacement of lower income American wage earners with illegal aliens, noting management prefers to employ help that is not documented because laborers who lack legal standing are more easily exploited.

Mexican migrants are also victims. Business lures them here so they can be cheated and used as scapegoats. Undocumented workers are often denied the pay they have earned, subjected to racial animus, housed in squalid conditions, and physically abused. When persecuted they have no recourse, which makes them the ideal employees. While the corporatists and their dupes promote illegal immigration as being some sort of civil rights struggle, they have never advocated a plan insuring that everyone who is working in America will be protected by law. The serial amnesties (of which McCain-Kennedy is the most recent) merely guarantee that corporations can perpetually victimize undocumented laborers.

Illegal immigration must be stopped. It can be stopped by completely closing the border or it can be stopped by completely opening the border. It can be stopped by implementing guest worker programs or it can be stopped by enforcing labor laws. The methodology is less relevant than the result. The imperative is that all employees must be here legally to insure they are vested with formal protections. Only then can corporatists be defeated in their never-ending war against the American working class.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Washington and Corporate America benefits from cheap slave labor and as long as Americans want cheap goods, they will keep supporting illegal low wage labor ...or they will just outsource. Hold Corporate America accountable or get used to Slave State Policy and lower standards of living.

So where's the counter demonstrations? Silence is consent....

[edit on 30-4-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I think that whatever happens on Monday, will severely hurt the cause of the Illegals. Whether the economy slows down due to the boycotts, they will be blamed. If the economy stays the exact same, people will realize that we do not need the illegals in the United States to help our economy. If violence erupts surrounding the protests, the illegals will be blamed. Either way it is a lose lose situation for the illegals.

BTW - I check out the video at www.americanpatrol.com... and it said local illegals were suing a town because the town took away their gathering spot. It also said the Illegals were sueing the town because it violated their "constitutional rights" ... uh last time i check, if you're an illegal, you don't have constitutional rights.

IMO i think we should kick out all illegals, build a large wall, and make them apply for US citizenship if they want to come into the United States

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Look, if the president of the United States is for some form of amnesty, he is sending a direct message to the illegal latin community that they are entitled to not only protest, but to continue with their demands.

Dont you think?

I have to agree with you there, he is wrong for wanting some form of amnesty. You also have to remember that this all started back in the 80s when (I believe it was) Carter also advocated amnesty, so you can not blame it all on Bush.

In my mind the real blame lays at the foot of those that started it and set the precedent for it.

The very same could be said for border controls. This has been going on or decades and neither Democrats or Republicans have done anything about it that really worked so again the blame should be spread all around.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join