It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran buys surface-to-surface missiles capable of hitting Europe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   

The missiles are known in the West as BM-25s, operate on liquid fuel and are single-stage. The BM-25 was originally manufactured in the Soviet Union, where the first generation, adapted for use by Soviet submarines and able to carry a nuclear war., was known as the SSN6. After the Russians retired the missiles from service, they sold them to the North Koreans, who developed them to carry a heavier payload.

www.haaretzdaily.com...

So will our euro "buddies' finally wake up to Irans threat? Iran wants to start WWIII, it is their intent to end "evil" on this planet. To bring in the "messiah" of thier religion. As soon as possible.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
so? almost all countries have a capability to hit any where here in europe

anytime Iran would use them (like any other country encluding european countries)
is when attacked directly by any country

im glad people here arent as parinoid as americans

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
"im glad people here arent as parinoid as americans"

"You will be...........you will be.........." - Yoda, Return of the Jedi

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I was going to make the same point bodrul.
The level of uninformed paranoia at the moment is astounding. The idea that Iranian leaders would launch missiles against Europe or anyone else, unprovoked, is just fantasy. Why would they do such a thing and ensure their own destruction?
The excuse that they are mad Mullahs just waiting to be martyred is laughable

There seem to be so many threads right now about Iran nuking everyone and bringing about armageddon and WWIII. Currently Iran has only made threats in response to threats made against them by others. Iran is not about to attack anyone anytime soon, the same cannot be said about those making threats against Iran on a daily basis.

Am I concerned about living in Europe? A resounding NO to that one

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
I was going to make the same point bodrul.
The level of uninformed paranoia at the moment is astounding. The idea that Iranian leaders would launch missiles against Europe or anyone else, unprovoked, is just fantasy. Why would they do such a thing and ensure their own destruction?
The excuse that they are mad Mullahs just waiting to be martyred is laughable

You haven't been listening to the Iranian Prez............They want to hurry the end of the world.......period. They want the planets destruction............There is no cold war "MAD" doctrine here..............

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis

You haven't been listening to the Iranian Prez............They want to hurry the end of the world.......period. They want the planets destruction............There is no cold war "MAD" doctrine here..............

err yeah, someone has been listening to a too much right wing propaganda i think,

take the advice from this article in the times today

The opinion pages of Europe and the dinner tables of America’s metropolises are jumping to the beat. “They’re going to do it again!” they shriek. If they listen really hard they can hear it as clearly as “Paul is dead” when they spun Abbey Road the wrong way on their turntables.

I have some advice for them. Take a deep breath. Lie down. Smoke something if you think it will help. Turn on your iPod and tune out all that noise your ears think they are picking up. The US isn’t going to be attacking Iran any time soon; not this year, not this administration.
www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Iran should be lobbing it's imaginary nuclear missiles in every direction any time now

Iran's prez talks about what God wants him to do as much as GWB hears voices in his . (God?) telling him to spread freedom everywhere. Both are ready for the rubber room but one has a huge nuclear arsenal and the other has no proven nuclear weapons or the means to produce any.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   

You haven't been listening to the Iranian Prez.

- I'm not certain anyone can claim to have been actually listening to him in 'the west' either.

There's an interesting look at this issue here -
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

He isn't 'the power' in Iran anyway.

They want to hurry the end of the world.......period.

- Yeah well you can buy into the idea that 'the other guy is completely crazy and suicidal' if you like but their belief in 'end times' is about as scary to me as Bush and the evangelical fundys in the USA.

Those ideas exist there but they are no more significant than 'our' end times guff.

They want the planets destruction............There is no cold war "MAD" doctrine here..............

- Well I'm just glad 'Europe' doesn't go with that, IMO insanity, either.

We have, in the UK and France, modern and very accurate submarine based nuclear armed ICBMs which could hit anyone dumb enough to attack us.

You might prefer to dream of an Iran that couldn't care less about the consequences of them attacking anyone but 'we' don't.

(.......and if they are so callous about those consequences of an attack on Israel or Europe how come they didn't already just launch a hundred or two missiles armed with their chemical or biological war.s, or send a few thousand suicide 'terrorists' with the weapons in, and dam the world's/US/European/Israeli response?
If what you claim is true then that doesn't make any sense at all.)

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
lol ok we will just ignore the problem an maybe it will go away

Hey maybe u need to be the Negotiator to Iran's Prez, i mean that ipod deal WOW can prolly work wonders for him........

or tell him hes being too Paranoid

[edit on 28-4-2006 by Tranceopticalinclined]

Oh an by the way, isnt being paranoid another way of saying Over Cautious? i'd rather be cautious then Ignorant. Dont doubt anything untill u have proof too.

[edit on 28-4-2006 by Tranceopticalinclined]

Sep

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Iran's constitution states:

Following are the duties and powers of the Leadership (supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei):

"5.Declaration of war and peace, and the mobilization of the armed forces. "

The president's responsibilities and jurisdiction can be found here:

www.iranonline.com...

In case you were wondering, declaration of war, mobilizing the army or any defence related issue is out of his jurisdiction and his outbursts about attacking Israel are his personal view only (freedom of speech?) and do not represent the position of Iran.

Khamenei who has been in power for 17 years has shown a great deal of restraint. Bringing Iran's president into this discussion serves no purpose.

[edit on 28-4-2006 by Sep]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sep
Bringing Iran's president into this discussion serves no purpose.

- Unfortunately it does, it helps those war-mongering.

It helps convince some Americans cos they just can't imgine a 'version' of President unlike their own.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
How is it that all these "it just can't happen" or "they aren't stupid" supporters of Iranian insanity are willing to gamble with the lives of millions?

By denial of the facts it is YOU who will bring the nuclear war.................one must stop the criminally insane who has just soaked themselves in gasoline from lighting the match in their hand.

Once they light that match it's over. Iran is reaching for that nuclear match and all YOU do is say.......he's not that crazy............

When Israel and the US do STOP Iran, it will be the EU that attacks Israel...........

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Did this yesterday, only a few threads down.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

How is it that all these "it just can't happen" or "they aren't stupid" supporters of Iranian insanity are willing to gamble with the lives of millions?

From my perspective over here in 'Euro Land' I take the view that it is the US's aggressive policies in terms of Iraq/Iran that is gambling with lives. Indeed tens (and possibly hundreds) of thousands of people are already dead since the WoT was launched. Many of these dead were innocent civilians. As others have said on this thread, Iran have long had the capacity to cause death and chaos without nukes, had they wanted to.

Your point also appears to assume that people who do not happen to believe that Iran will launch a pre-emptive nuclear attack on 'the West' are somehow 'supporters of Iranian insanity'. This is simply not the case.

When Israel and the US do STOP Iran, it will be the EU that attacks Israel...........

I do not understand this point. Are you saying that if Israel and the US attack Iran, a coalition of EU countries will retaliate by launching an attack on Israel?? If so, what makes you think this will happen? Because I for one find this incredibly difficult to believe.

[edit on 28/4/2006 by 5ick8oy]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The amount of these threads is amusing so much hype over nothing the next one will probably be Iran buys pigeon capable of crashing eurofighter/f22 or Iran buys rubber bands capable of taking your eye out.

I pity anyone who thinks Irans a world threat and believe the recent media/government hype. I bet the same people believed Iraq was a good idea as well no doubt.

We all know Iran has plenty of missiles already but the fact they haven't used any of them is all I need to know. Few country's have started less wars than Iran and I can't see them starting the next one either despite the obvious provocations going on.

It's pretty clear to me that all these recent wars are more about the euro than the middle east I wish governments would be more honest instead of all these hypocritical plotlines they feed us.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Europe wake up to the threat?! they are more than aware, in fact its my belief this war is a secret war for europe which I am adamately against.

NO WAR FOR EUROPE!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teknikal
[...] or Iran buys rubber bands capable of taking your eye out.

I nearly pooped my strides laughing at that

Thanks Teknikal for making my day

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sep
In case you were wondering, declaration of war, mobilizing the army or any defence related issue is out of his jurisdiction and his outbursts about attacking Israel are his personal view only (freedom of speech?) and do not represent the position of Iran.

Khamenei who has been in power for 17 years has shown a great deal of restraint. Bringing Iran's president into this discussion serves no purpose.

They are far more than his personal view, his outburtsts have been whilst giving speaches at official government events in front of the press. That fact that Khormeni has remained silent and not pulled the president into line speaks far more than just the outbursts.

Anyways, I think it's completely unreasonable to call his remarks his " personal " view and not official.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Europe wake up to the threat?! they are more than aware, in fact its my belief this war is a secret war for europe which I am adamately against.

NO WAR FOR EUROPE!!!

Aside from the Brit's europe has been hiding is the shadows since Napoleon unless they were trying to take over the planet (germany). The Islamos' were testing resolve with the riots, they know they can take over easily. And in many ways have.

Iran is a threat through terrorisim (hamas etc, etc, etc) But I am sure no one will do anything until the missles are inbound...........If Iraq gets stable wait 3 months and the Iran war will begin..........The US, England, and Iraq marching on Tehran.........

We can only hope..............

JAK

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
As Skippy said, there is already a thread addressing this topic: Please add to the earlier thread.

Thank you.

Closing...

Jak

new topics

top topics

join