It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO/Government Hackers, the new Patriot of the 21st Century?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Here at ATS, we as an online community attempt to grapple the strange, mysterious, and often times rediculous events and phenomena that take place on our cozy little planet.
Often times as far as I am considered we as a forum can only take this hunt into the unknown so far. But, what if,...what if we could cheat once in a while, what if we could read the same information that government officials from around the world read. What if we could walk behind "the curtain of oz"(Governments' Facade) and see what they see, know what they know.

I understand that this could jeopardise "national security" and that other governments would kill for information like this, but if you could do it, and for once truely know, would you not do it?

On the other hand if this "suppressed technology" is important enough to "jeopardise national security" might it also be important enough to solve some of the current problems facing the world today, mainly fossil fuels, global climate, and even World Peace.

Pandora's Box has always been a double-edged sword, for the last 50 years the government has been able to have their "Supressed Technology" to study and improve upon but now it's time to pass it down to the masses.

news.yahoo.com...

Well, this man attempted to find the answer to the existence of UFO's and isnow being treated like a Terrorist.

I think ATS needs to step up and defend this guy a bit more for single-handedly attempting to solve the Greatest Mystery of All Time! the existence of extra-terrestrials. Personally, I think this man is a Patriot, a modern day Robin Hood for attempting this feat.

How bad does this speak of the US and British Governments for the treatment of this Citizen. This is the way our Governments treat us(its citizens) for searching online through Classified Government Sites for little green men and the vehicles they fly?

If we had a transparent government, a democracy if you will, government officials would be delighted to get some help with that search.

[edit on 28-4-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
or would you say the witnesses in the Disclosure Project are the new Patriots?

www.disclosureproject.org...

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I dunno.

I think his excuse is kind of like someone breaking into your house and telling you and the cops that he was only there to see if you had Cheerios cereal.

I don't think he's a patriot. I think he's an idiot. If he wants to find out, the fast track is to join the military or get a science degree and go to work for the government... and then turn whistleblower with REAL proof, instead of making a crack and showing up with "documents" that he lifted (but probably just faked) and saying they came from the government.

There's no credibility in being a hacker -- except to other hackers.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The problem is that the clique who have their hands on this technology insist on treating the world as a zero-sum game in which they gain only at the expense of the rest of us. If what Greer says about the technologies they have is true, there is no longer any need for anyone to go without power, and therefore without the necessities of life.

Therefore the hackers and whistleblowers are acting for the benefit of everyone else on the planet, at least potentially.

And that British hacker says he never did any damage, whereas the US military maintains he caused over $1m worth. Personally, I've never met the guy and am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. Whereas I know for a fact that the US government lie routinely every day. Why believe them over this?

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
There's no credibility in being a hacker -- except to other hackers.

and what do you know of hackers? it peeks my curiosity.....

Hackers get a bad rap from all the security break ins and defacing other people's property, instead of being responsible with what they know/discovered some exploit it to the point of a real nuisance.

most hackers find security flaws and report them, or at least the ones that prefer not to spend time in jail.

a hackers mindset should be one of pushing technology to its limits, improving it. Not one of malicousness....

trust me....its not worth going to jail over....and impresses few and angers many to be malicous.

but I am straying from the topic....

I agree that this is a lame excuse to justify breaking the law.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This got me thinking, about this guy from my mythology class, Prometheus

messagenet.com...

If what he says pans out, this is who I would compare this "Hacker" to.

top topics

join