It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Russian top secret weapon system?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I recently heard some rumors about some kind of high energy cannon that kan hit target almost instantly at very long range ( 1000-5000 km ! ) it uses energy beam. Russian name for this weapon is KOZAK.

Has anyone heard about this? Is it just a roumor or it isn't?

Does anyone knows bout simmilar projects?

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have never herd of this befor.But it sounds awsome if anyone could find out more that would be cool.I hope it is true i mean thats awsome i wonder wut kinda damage it could do.If you fired it at a city would it be like a nuke and ditroy everything in masive amounts of would it be like artillery and onley distroy a small area maybe block or 2.

Eatherway sounds awsome i hope it is real...i love hearing about russians and other countrys comeing up with cool things.You allways hear about americans haveing cool top technolgey stuff like lasers,ufo's,stelth ships,super body armor,clones,time travel devices,secret space craft,ect... its nice to hear about other places haveing cool things
hope someone can find more about this if it is real.

Sorry for bad spelling.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Google search (in Russians) comes back empty, in a few versions.

The word KOZAK has a Ukranian spelling as opposed to the proper Russian KAZAK.

So I think it's not real.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Huray for Russia if its real. I got Russian news and haven't heard anything yet. But if I do, I'll say something. That would be nice if its real. It will show Russia's still in charge. Hopefully.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Sounds like something derived from the old Soviet particle beam weapons testing from the 80's near Dushanbe. I think it was near Nurek.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I dont know, its possible I suppose. But if I compare to whats known about the US's efforts its highly unlikely unless they have made some sort of quantum leap in technology.

Popular Science just did a big story on the state of lasers and such. I was quite suprised to learn how un-developed they were.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I dig some new information about this, It main purpose should be for destroying missiles, but it can also fire at moving targets in air or ground, also it fire rate is extremly high it can fire at hundreds of targets simultaniosly. So it is not simmilar to atomic bomb but it is soposedly very efective against agression of any kind. ( it can hit planes, missiles, helicopters, tanks...) Also I heard about "portable version of same weapon that can be mounted on airplane.
There is one thing that is very big problem, this weapon is in need of high energy source. Because of that I think that must be near nuclear plants. So anyone who knows where they are in Russia shud be able to search for weapon research location if it exist.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Russian_Soldier,

You may like to believe that Russia is still on top (if they ever were) but simple fact is they are not. Although Russia is still a world power that could possibly overrun the USA in conventional warfare - the USA is still stronger than ever and Russia is not. Sorry to have to point that out.

As for the weapon - not true. If Russia managed to get ahead of the USA in this kind of research (which they are a long way off) the improvments over current war machines wouldn't be this large.

I'll believe it when I see a video of it - and even then I'm pretty sure it would be coming from the USA... not Russia.

top topics

join