It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this East California structure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
pg.photos.yahoo.com...

pg.photos.yahoo.com...

These are some images over a dry lake bed in Eastern California bordering Nevada. What I find especially strange is the growing roots or veins coming off the center mounts in the two seperated areas. Cant imagine what this is at all. Anyone have any clues?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Very strange indeed,

Not sure what this could be... Not stress fractures I think. Definetly underground water. Mining perhaps?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Vtype asked:

...What I find especially strange is the growing roots or veins coming off the center mounts in the two seperated areas. Cant imagine what this is at all. Anyone have any clues?

Looks to me like normal water erosion marks, as for the rest of the structure, I have no clue

An evaporation pool of some kind?

[edit on 29-4-2006 by Toadmund]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Looks like proving grounds or a test track of some sort. As for the center, it looks like a lot of other culverts and draiange/evap ponds that i've flown over.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It looks like an unused mine tailing pond, but is seems a wierd place for one.
Google link
Terraserver version
but I've not been able to come up with any reference to any man-made structure in that area. The nearest mine is a few miles away, and, as far as I can find out, abandoned years ago. There were some parts of the lake bed used for evaporation pits a while back, but they were south of there, I think.

It might have something to do with the water-rights fights going on in the area (that golf course across the street uses tons of the stuff).

new topics

top topics

join