It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Rural Ohio Humvee Buyout?!

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Okay, I am lost, someone please inform me? I live in very rural Ohio near Amish. We do see the carraige horses, however to my astonishment, two carriers both loaded with military humvees rolled past me on a rural route yesterday! This town has two policemen and just last month I spotted a new officer in town, a Homeland Security agent! Anyone know why they would be delivering military humvees? I am freaking out! I thought I had moved far out enough? hahah

Thanx,
LP




posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyPropag8r
Okay, I am lost, someone please inform me? I live in very rural Ohio near Amish. We do see the carraige horses, however to my astonishment, two carriers both loaded with military humvees rolled past me on a rural route yesterday! This town has two policemen and just last month I spotted a new officer in town, a Homeland Security agent! Anyone know why they would be delivering military humvees? I am freaking out! I thought I had moved far out enough? hahah

Thanx,
LP



Omg, what city is that? I want to go take pictures.



posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Past outer Sardinia..Lake Wynoka..etc..actual sitings Sardinia Moreystown.

Thank you for responding! Also..off 32 at truck stop turn right...main street ..its funny to get to but there IS a HIGH secret complex high fences and all...high security...NOBODY knows its there ???? I wish I HAD a camera! When I get one I WILL take pictures!



posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'll see if i can find it on google earth. Are there any obvious landmarks that can be seen from the sky?

Recently KBR (haliburton subsidiary) got a no bid contract to build "detention centers" for unkown reasons. (At least, unkown to me). It is possible that this may be one of those facilities.

btw you can download google earth from earth.google.com...


Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.




[edit on 30-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]



posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
1) Sardinia does NOT want to build and grow!
2) Drive into the main town, 2 restaurants small ones..TONS of undeveloped property.
3) at 32 and Sardinia Truck Stop I once had gotten lost, and ran into a dead end at this high security area. I can get to it but cant describe streets.
4) We now have our own Homeland Security agent!
5) Two cargos of milatary humvees? Dag I don't figure its for the mayor and the two policemen? heheh

* Something striking me as something extreme odd going on here.

* PS I have been enjoying your threads!



posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I have tried terra server and google earth.....they are outdated views.

The complex has high fences...security and situated in about a few hundred acres, a high rise guard shack situated middle of building. People observed me from the lot and all eyes were on me. Scared the you know what outta me!

The brick structure looked to be newer built. I have asked neighbors etc from area and they never heard of any such place.

32 Sardinia truck stop...turn right and follow that road, turn right...then i think another right it is about 4 miles from truck stop...

I am aware of the Adams county facility...this one is in Brown County.

[edit on 30-4-2006 by LadyPropag8r]



posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyPropag8r
* Something striking me as something extreme odd going on here.


Well, I can only suspect what it might be for. But, If im right, It's going to be for american citizens. I think the number of dissidents will rise dramaticly if we were to do something like nuke iran. The public has show much protest over this idea. However, the administration is still considering it.


* PS I have been enjoying your threads!


Thanks!


I've looked around the area. There are no high rest images of that area yet. I looked around and wasnt able to find anything that resembles a truck stop. I couldn't make out any trucks or anything. I also turned on the roads and looked for dead ends.

Are there any obvious bodies of lakes close to it? on the dead end road or otherwise?

Maybe you'll have better luck finding something.



posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsensel
Ive looked around the area. There are no high rest images of that area yet. I looked around and wasnt able to find anything that resembles a truck stop. I couldn't make out any trucks or anything. I also turned on the roads and looked for dead ends.

Are there any obvious bodies of lakes close to it? on the dead end road or otherwise?

Maybe you'll have better luck finding something.






Lake Wynoka is closest body of water however this location is back west. I'll go see what I can drudge up again, however, I am looking forward to a camera that will do far away photography.



posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsensel
I've looked around the area. There are no high rest images of that area yet. I looked around and wasnt able to find anything that resembles a truck stop. I couldn't make out any trucks or anything. I also turned on the roads and looked for dead ends.



Its Tankers Truckstop, 7906 Yocum Road, Sardinia, Ohio

Ironically, Terra Server says cannot locate address.....hmm I am downloading Google now.



posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyPropag8r
its Tankers Truckstop, 7906 Yocum Road, Sardinia, Ohio

Ironically, Terra Server says cannot locate address.....hmm I am downloading Google now.


Woot, I found the dead end. I believe this is the area. It's a pretty crappy image though.




[edit on 30-4-2006 by tsensel]



posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
WOW you ARE good LOL! Nevertheless I am reviewing and it appears you are correct! I can assure you that the first physical picture I take you will get a copy...way better lookin image than I have found.

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.



[edit on 30-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]



posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyPropag8r
WOW you ARE good LOL! Nevertheless I am reviewing and it appears you are correct! I can assure you that the first physical picture I take you will get a copy...way better lookin image than I have found.


Awesome! I may decide to fly over the area in a chartered plane out of lunken airport. Some good pictures could be taken with a telephoto camera.

If it is what I think it is, I'm probably better off just moving out of the area lol!



posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
LOL Just don't fly out of TW Smith's Hanger one! hahah Lunkin Airport. Grab a Linder jet heheh..uhh I will drive by again probably today, as Sunday I hope would be low activity. If I disappear, you know what happened. YIKES!

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.



[edit on 30-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]



posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Lol!

I'll call the news and let them know that you've been taken hostage by some weirdo Homeland Security guy!

I doubt they'll do anything though.. stupid corrupt media =(



posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Just call scripts howard----I have inside connections..heheh uhhh I have connections just ask me anything...new thread! j/k



posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyPropag8r
Just call scripts howard----I have inside connections..heheh uhhh I have connections just ask me anything...new thread! j/k


Wait do I know you? have we talked on the phone at work before?

This is interesting. I used to live in a small mountain town in Colorado and once I saw a fleet of green army tractor trailers that were air conditioned roll through the town going off to a restricted area in the mountains. I went on a hike to take a look where they were going. Fortunatly some Elk had broken down the fence in a part and I got a good look at a strainge facility back miles away from the main road. It was realy remote and I had no clue what they were doing there. They were there for about three weeks and then dissapeared and I didnt see them again.

If you guys find some good pictures please make sure to post em. I am interested in this.



posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
LadyP... Are you able to go to the County Sessors office and find out who owns the property? Also, there should be building permits if it is a relatively new building. In any case, these are public record. Anyone living near 'unexplained' government structures should get photos and upload them here. Also, rather than charter a plane you might want to contact your local flight school and get a 'scenary' flight. Much cheaper and you'll be ina a smaller, slower plane that will make it easier to get pictures.



posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Here's the link to the county auditor's office, if you have an address or a street address it will make the search a lot easier.

brownauditor.ddti.net...



posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This has me thinking. My employer has been selling AR400 steel plate to General Dynamics for upgrades on military Humvees. I did a little searching and found there is a company in Fairfield Ohio (right near Cincinatti), that is doing the same type of work. There was a contract for armor upgrades a year or two ago and there is a current contract for them to do the same.


O’Gara-Hess & Eisenhardt, Fairfield, Ohio, was awarded on Feb. 22, 2006, a $9,525,600 modification to a firm-fixed-price contract for Gunner Protection and G-Kits for the High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle. Work will be performed in Fairfield, Ohio, and is expected to be completed by May 22, 2007. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This was a sole source contract initiated on Jan. 23, 2006. The U.S. Army Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command, Warren, Mich., is the contracting activity (DAAE07-00-C-S019).

Source: GlobalSecurity.org

It just may be a load of Humvees that have been retrofitted and passing through to a military base in another state.



posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
My guess is they are being transported for upgrade and sent back to the field.




top topics



 
0

log in

join