It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As promised, here is my HAARP research paper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
thanks for all those that assisted me with sources for my HAARP research paper, here is the link to the page benhimself94gt.tripod.com... go there and click the "HAARP Research Paper" link to download the file in Microsoft Word Format!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Ben, thats all good work mate, but if your going to contain a bibliography, you have to have in text references so we know what material goes with what reference.

One author of a work is (Havard referencing system) brackets surname, year brackets. ie (Morgan, 2001)

two authors is brackets name & name, year brackets... ie (Morgan & Walsh, 2001)

three authors is brackets name et al, year brackets. I.e. (Morgan et al, 2001).

This is for a paraphrased piece ( your words, their ideas ) and lets us know that you have read the material and understood it.

Then in the bibliography your references can be understood only if they are in alphabetical order ( First authors surname ).

this isn't a rant mate, as your piece was cool and took alot of effort - and its a great overview of all the material available...keep at it, and one day we'll see you in print on the world stage!!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
thanks for the feedback!

As for bibliography, Im kinda new at writing papers, This is my freshman year in college, and Ive never really had a course on proper paper writing techniques, I was in English 101, but I failed in March due to excesive absences. I had mononucleosis, and the english department does not care why you were absent, so if you miss more than 5 classes you fail, which is a completly unfair policy in my opinion
! There is nothing much I can do about this however, so hopefully after I have to retake it in the fall I will have knowledge of all the correct citing techniques and can further my ability to write a good, and academically correct paper. Thanks for the reply, and the feedback however, getting responses and having some people up here help me out with sources for information on my paper really means a lot to me. So once again, thanks for checking out the paper, and any feedback, and I hope everyone enjoys!

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
At the thread author's request I have converted the Word Document to an Adobe PDF file, to allow for more universal viewing by fellow members.

You can download or view the PDF version using the following link:
ps236.PDF

Either "right-click" and "Save As", or simply click the link and it will open in a new window.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hey no problem dude - thats what ATS is for, and BTS for that matter!

If theres some thing you need help with (and who doesn't need help from time to time?), I'm sure theres always going to be a member to help you out - Just remember that you have to ask to recieve!!

English is an art, one that takes time to perfect, and yet theres always more to learn... so enjoy it and be creative!

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Just FYI, many colleges take plagiarism pretty seriously. If you're caught, you'll probably receive an F for the course. Some schools even kick you out.

I'm not saying you plagiarized at all but you're going to have to go and cite each idea that's not your own, in the paper. Your professor might not be stressing that or teaching it.... in which case, I'd switch classes... But it's something to get into the habit of doing because on down the line, you're going to have to do it.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yep plagerisms bad, but worse is a teacher who doesn't care about it.....

I'm sure as he gets into the swing of writing and referencing he'll do ok, just as long as people teach him what he needs to know to avoid harsh mistakes.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
well, I mean, I did put the author of the ideas I borrowed in parenthesis, just I guesss I did not do it 100% correctly. I dont think I could get in too much trouble for that, no?

As well, with the exception of the quote from Revolutions in Military Affairs, nothing is a direct quote, It is all pretty much re-worded with the credit given to the author from which it was borrowed in parenthesis at the end of the sentence.

[edit on 28-4-2006 by ben94gt]

join