It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls arrested for animal abuse on MySpace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
LINK

Marion County Prosecutor Carl Brizzi announced the filing of animal cruelty charges today against two 14-year-old girls after they posted video of them kicking a cat wrapped in plastic on the myspace.com web site.

Both girls have been released to their mothers pending a trial June 13. They are not allowed to leave their homes unless accompanied by a parent or attending school. The also cannot have contact with animals or one another or use computers unless they are doing school work.

Something had to happen sooner or later.

At least the cat is okay and the girls will have their day in court.

JDub

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
That's a darn shame!! Who in their right mind would hurt a defenseless cat. At least unwrap the cat and allow it to fight back. I probably would have been arrested for kicking them in response to what they were doing.

Now tell me .... who in the world would want to hurt something so innocent looking???

And what's wrong with this website MySpace??????? A closer look needs to be taken at this site. I've seen it's been in the news quite often these last fews days.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Equal treatment = fair justice, wrap them airheads up and kick them around.

Myspace is getting looked at cause it's a monster site, and there's still plenty of morons to go around no matter where they post. The net is only a tool to be used or abused.

Beware the viking kittens...

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
That is so disgraceful. 14 year olds. Where were their parents ? I cant understand why anyone would want to hurt ANY animal. :shk: I wonder what sort of adults those kids will become.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I wonder if the bewildering mindset of someone who would commit an act like is directly related to the stupidity of actually videoing it too, then placing that on the internet without realising that it might well lead to being caught?

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't think it's that big of a deal. I mean sure, it was mean to the cat, but nothing compared to the companies that slaughter thousands upon thousands of animals every day for food. They shouldn't be arrested, they are teenagers, 14 year old girls at that; they made a mistake, let them get away with it this time.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
yea thats funny sorry. It a damn cat. It probably killed one of their rodent pets and they got angry at it. I have seen good cats and bad though. I wonder how much training they need to behave though. I usually see cats try and attack anything that isnt bigger than it (rodents, birds, small reptiles). But there are two cats a few blocks from my house in front of a fenced off retention pond. Strangely enough wehn I go by to feed the ducks, they are sitting in the driveway of this house with the cats, three of them. The cats just sit on the cars or even lay right next to the ducks. It must have taken alot of training to keep those cats from killing them.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I say roll them both up in ceram-wrap and throw them in a dryer on spin.

In addition, their parents should be thrown in jail. Does anyone here honestly think that these two girls "suddenly went bad" and decided to torture a cat? It is sick behavior and usually the result of horrendous parenting.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
yea thats funny sorry. Its a damn cat. It probably killed one of their rodent pets and they got angry at it.

*Kicks your child* Haha thats funny. Your son kicked my son so I put him in a bag and repeatedly kicked him.

(Please note: I would never do that. I don't even have a son!
Just making a point
)

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

But there are two cats a few blocks from my house in front of a fenced off retention pond. Strangely enough wehn I go by to feed the ducks, they are sitting in the driveway of this house with the cats, three of them. The cats just sit on the cars or even lay right next to the ducks. It must have taken alot of training to keep those cats from killing them.

There is a rooster in my neighborhood that terrorizes all the dogs and cats. I would imagine the ducks taught the cats not to bother them.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

But there are two cats a few blocks from my house in front of a fenced off retention pond. Strangely enough wehn I go by to feed the ducks, they are sitting in the driveway of this house with the cats, three of them. The cats just sit on the cars or even lay right next to the ducks. It must have taken alot of training to keep those cats from killing them.

There is a rooster in my neighborhood that terrorizes all the dogs and cats. I would imagine the ducks taught the cats not to bother them.

Exactly... I was gonna say, I seriously doubt that those cats are pestering the ducks too badly. Ducks can be pretty aggressive animals when they feel threatened or agitated.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Rooster can kill rather easily though. They have those sharp pointed claws just above their feet that they can do some serious damage with. All the ducks have are bills which are not even pointed in most cases. But you are right, I have seen ducks and a goose run after people at the park across from my beighborhood. Its funny. He came after me and I just picked him up and started petting him and hugging him he was just so soft it was cool.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Animal abuse is disgusting! There should be stronger laws against it.
I bet these girls just get a slap on the wrist for what they did.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
I don't think it's that big of a deal. I mean sure, it was mean to the cat, but nothing compared to the companies that slaughter thousands upon thousands of animals every day for food. They shouldn't be arrested, they are teenagers, 14 year old girls at that; they made a mistake, let them get away with it this time.

There is a coorelation between animal abuse than human abuse. Those who have no respect for animal life are more likely to not have respect for human life as well, so the issue runs deeper than "it's a cat, big deal". A 14 year old knows right from wrong, they knew very well what they were doing. If they get away with it, it sets a precedent for them and they think it's no big deal if they do things that are wrong.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I left myspace cuz it's full of idiots just like that. If I was in charge animal abuse would result in jail time and even death penalty.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
LINK TO INDY STAR

Two teenage girls who posted a video to the Internet showing them abusing a cat will be tried this afternoon in juvenile court.

The girls are accused of misdemeanors, which means the juvenile hearing is closed to the public. It begins at 2 p.m. in Marion Juvenile Court.

I'll see if the newspaper reports on this again today or if the tv news picks up on it to reveal what sentence, if any, the girls receive.

JDub

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Serves themselves Right!

(I am, ofcourse, talking about the girls, not the cat)

new topics

top topics

join