It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amateur Hacks Into US Military Computers Looking for UFO and Aliens Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
woah...

check it out

news.yahoo.com...

his quote

"I saw what I'm convinced was some kind of satellite or spacecraft but it was manufactured by no means I have ever seen before -- there were no rivets, no seams, it was like one flawless piece of material. And that was above the Earth."

[edit on 27-4-2006 by veespec]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
There's already a post about this. From what the other post seemed to say, he didn't seem anything like an amateur. It said he had been hacking for years.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I also would like to add I find it hard to believe the "biggest military computer hack of all time" was performed with a 56K modem.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
I also would like to add I find it hard to believe the "biggest military computer hack of all time" was performed with a 56K modem.

It was actually a 28kbps modem from Melbourne Australia. Ive talked to a guy who knew him personaly. aka Phoenix, was the first major computer hacker to be convicted in Australia. He was one of the most highly-skilled members of an elite computer hacking group called The Realm, based in Melbourne, Australia, from the late 1980s to early 1990. His targets centered on defence and nuclear weapons research networks - The story behind that was that he actually obtained LAUNCH CODES for a nuke silo but the only problem was that somebody had to physically turn a key or something in the silo for anything to be launched.

[edit on 27-4-2006 by The Collective]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Collective
The story behind that was that he actually obtained LAUNCH CODES for a nuke silo but the only problem was that somebody had to physically turn a key or something in the silo for anything to be launched.
[edit on 27-4-2006 by The Collective]

Well thank god they at least had some type of further precaution so that hackers couldn't get to that point. It just seems...unusual that a hacking organization of that magnitude or skill level would be operation on a 56K or 28K modem...Most hackers I know operate on AT LEAST Roadrunner...though many of them actually use T1 or T3; I even know a few who use OC3 and OC12. Just seems odd that they would use internet that slow, but I guess it's possible.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
It just seems...unusual that a hacking organization of that magnitude or skill level would be operation on a 56K or 28K modem...Most hackers I know operate on AT LEAST Roadrunner...though many of them actually use T1 or T3; I even know a few who use OC3 and OC12. Just seems odd that they would use internet that slow, but I guess it's possible.

You also need to take into consideration of the time he did it in (80's-90's) he actually only got a slap on the wrist for all of this compaired to now day haxors because there were no laws against it at the time. Believe it or not but he actually infected NASA with a potentialy lethal worm that cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars to avoid.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

JAK

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This topic is already coevered here: Please add any further comment to the earlier thread.

Thank you.

Closing...

Jak

top topics

join