It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Should Be Abolished?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This is sad! This organization had plenty of time to be prepared and to take action. I live in Florida and can confirm that they are a joke. But I do think we can benefit from an organization like this that has our wellbeing in mind.

Schanzer said the Senate committee’s report properly concluded that FEMA had descended to such a level of dysfunction that a new disaster response agency is needed. “When the top six disaster preparedness officials in the country turn down the opportunity to lead FEMA, and high-level policy positions at the agency remain vacant for months because no one wants the jobs, you know there is a serious problem that needs to be fixed,” Schanzer said.

www.dukenews.duke.edu...

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Usually, the biggest argument of why FEMA should be abolished is that it supposedly has the power to void the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, and assume a dictatorial power of the United States when catastrophic disasters take place. I'm sort of in between opinions at the moment, so I am neither for nor against the abolishment of FEMA, though I can say some of the things I have read about them are terrifying to say the least. They almost sound like a terrorist-run organization in some scenarios.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
FEMA is there to pick up the pieces, sure... But initially it is the state's responsibility to do that. What has the state done for New Orleans?

new topics

join