It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Art of Changing Kitty Litter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Allow me to get this out of the way first:

My merciful sweet jesus, mother of christ! WHYYY!

Ok lets begin!

Have you ever had the pleasure of changing kitty litter? Whooooooo Weeee! Man this is an art form you really have to master. It really is a three man job; You need one man to scoop the littler, one to hold the bag and another to complain that this smell has never touched the nose of another man in the history of all beings. Like how can the cats stand this?

Not to mention the fact that the second you finish cleaning it the little [Explicit]'s run right to it to bask in their glory and leave another little surprise for you.

For years I never had the luxury of doing this, the cat I had would actually use the toilet. She never flushed, but never had the use for a litter box. Since I have moved out in November I am living with my girlfriend we now have two new kittens. Who frankly are incapable of learning to use the toilet.

So I am stuck having to change this wretched box of death.

Can anybody else voucher for exactly what it is I am going through. I would not wish this upon my worst enemy.

I've just finished changing the damn thing, and I know those guys are laughing at me as I sit here typing this out.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
For less than $100.00 you can get a self-cleaning litter box. It's worth the money.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
chissler- I can totally sympathize with you. We've had cats forever. Our 2 cats have 5 boxes.

Are you using clumping? It's the best thing since sliced bread!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I have one of those self-cleaning litterboxes. It reminds me of something from Star Trek. I'm still freaked out every once in a while when I hear it running in room down the hall. But it is definitely a miracle of modern science. If you have the money to waste and don't like going through the whole cleaning process, then you should get one of these.

The one I have basically has a giant rake in the back. It's set that so about 15 minutes after your cat has done his/her business, the giant rake comes across and captures the goodies. It rakes them into a waiting (disposable) plastic box at the end, and then lowers the cover back over the box. Just make sure you use the right kind of litter with this- it has to be the very fine kind that clumps together whether your cat does #1 or #2. This will allow for easy self-cleaning as typical litter doesn't clump when wet.

As long as you keep the litter filled to the proper level and empty the plastic box routinely, then you'll have very little cleaning to do yourself. Of course it doesn't completely eliminate the pooper scooper or manual labor, but it definitely reduces it drastically!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I wouldn't know what I would do if I didn't have the clumping litter. It does make it alot easier thats for sure, but its that smell. The work itself is a breeze to actually change the litter, its that god awful smell that lies in your nose for hours on end. Everywhere you go you can smell it, *Ugh*

Sometimes I catch myself smelling my shirt after changing the litter box.

I am a cat lover however, so it is impossible to stay upset with them. Its not their fault they are dumb and unable to learn how to use the toilet.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Clumping cat litter, and sliced bread, in the same sentence. yummy!

Yep, Clumping litter is pretty awesome. Get a slotted spoon, and go prospecting..!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
That just reminded me of kitty litter cake. You make it in a litter box (a new one) and use tootsie rolls for effect. Have you seen it? It's edible!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
LOL, yep
Catbox cake..
Someone made it last Christmas at work..we all had a scoop..

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Have you looked into the Litter Kwitter?

Worked for our cat.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I like the idea of it, Im not exactly how my cat started to use the toilet but I never used that. It just began to use it one day, maybe from watching me when I was younger. As a child I rarely shut the door.

Good idea though.

My cat that lives with my mother uses the toilet to this day.

new topics

top topics

join