It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone watch House?!?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I don't know if a thread has been previous posted, but how is it that a tv show with little fabrication is not popular in this site? Is it because of the audience base or do poeple really not like the show? I personally think the show shines of complete brilliance! I understand if other individuals do not like the show, and I would like to hear your reasoning behind it, if someone would share. Let me know thankz

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The show tends to shine over a lot of things, meaning that they aren't near medically true, but it does have a lot of good spots in it. There are times when I wish I had a truth-telling doc like he portrays.

I genuinely like the show and used to watch it faithfully each week. Now that my two favorite shows are back-to-back on the same night, I don't watch HOUSE anymore except for when he is on at midnight on Fridays sometimes.

BTW, the two shows are NCIS and THE UNIT on CBS.

But yeah, HOUSE is a good watch.

JDub

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I like the charater "House" but there is little I like about the rest of the show.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think you're looking for people who don't like the show to identify and explain themselves. Sorry -- I'm a big fan! I don't know about its medical verisimilitude, but I do know that it's brilliantly written and acted. I think the character of Dr. House is one of the most interesting people to have shown up on the tube in many years.

A brief observation: without being overt about it, I think the show is presenting House and something of a latter-day Sherlock Holmes. A couple of episodes back, there was a shot of him entering his apartment. I was amused to see that his address number is "221B." A nice little tip-o'-hat to the Great Detective!

Baack

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
As most of the posts in this thread are indicating, I myself am a huge fan of the charachter House as well. Probably one of the best charachters to be portrayed on television in awhile. The show is deffinately well written, and every charachter is important to the success of the show. It is a rare combination of a star, followed by a cast that all contribute to the show. I've always been a fan of Omar Epps, and the other 2 on his team were new to me but are not lacking anything themselves.

I remember watching it last season and thinking, this is another Matlock. Matlock never lost a damn case and this guy is going to save the world. The next week the patient died, I was amazed. I find this season is alittle more out of the Hospital itself which is a good spin for the show as its opening it up and allowing them to do more with the show.

Did anyone see the show where it explained everything of House? Why he has the limp? Man what a show that was, I won't spoil it for anybody but probably the best episode of the whole series.

An hour of my night every Tuesday is set aside for this show.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I definetly agree with everyone. I look forward to the show every week. Chissler I didn't see that episode but I did see the follow up to the patient that House lost. The one with the girl, it was awesome! Thank you to everyone for their thoughts.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'm an avid fan of HOUSE. Love the show and the cast. There was an incredibly funny spoof of HOUSE done on an episode of MAD TV early this season. All fans of HOUSE should see it.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
madtv did a spoof on house? lol i gotta watch that lol

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Would be better if he dropped that stupid accent. Then again it might sound to much like george from blackadder. Might be a bit hard to take seriously then

new topics

top topics

join