It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Have A Recipe For Pork Ribs ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I just picked up about 10 Lbs. of pork side ribs because they were on sale.
Looking around on the web I found dozens of recipes that call for all kinds of different marinades and most of them call for a BBQ that I don't have.

I'm sure we have some rib fans among the members that might share their recipe and experience, so post your favorite way to cook these up. I'd like to cook them for supper tommorrow night.

I'm limited to a stove top, an oven, and a microwave.
Ingredients like spices are not a problem, I'm pretty well stocked.........

Thanx
anx

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
All you need is a stove top, imo. BBQ would be nice, but to make them nice and tender... boil them on medium for 2 hours or so (i throw in pepper, hot pepper flakes, some lemon, and some spicy bbq sauce in the water), til they're nice and tender... then cover them in your favorite sauce in a pan and let the sauce thicken a bit and heat up... and you're good to go. They'll fall off the bone and be sooooooo good.

It's simple, but the result is reaaaaallllllly good.
I want ribs now

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Take a microwave safe baking dish and put the seasoned ribs into it. Cover with water. I reccommend pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and worcester sauce for seasoning. Cover and put into the microwave for about 20 minutes. Remove the ribs from the microwave and drain the water. Coat the ribs with your Barb-Q sauce and put back into the dish. Add remaining sauce and water if necessary to cover the ribs. Microwave them for about 20 more minutes or until done.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I'd like to cook them for supper tommorrow night.

What time should I be there tomorrow?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Just imo, but for tenderest ribs, don't boil. Braise. Cook low and slow in a foil pouch with a braising liquid at 250 degrees for 2/12 - 3 hours. Season with a rub first. Finish 'em off under the broiler with some bbq sauce until the ribs carmelize slightly. Gotta watch 'em close. If there's a lot of sugar in the sauce, they can burn quicker than you think.

For braising liquid or rub, there's a couple million choices. Just pick on that looks good, if you don't already have a favorite. Low and slow, that's the key.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon
What time should I be there tomorrow?

Dinner's at 6:00 EST, but you have to get out of Nova Prospekt first.

You folks are giving me some good ideas.

parrhesia's stove top method is looking good because it's simple and I have some very big stewing pots, and all the ingredients listed.
(I always cook in bulk due to the love affair I have with being able to pick anything I want out of the freezer...)

yeahright's idea sounds good too, but I think I'll combine them both.
I'll follow parrhesia's instructions for the 2 hour+ simmer with the ingredients suggested, and then I'll put them under the broiler for a bit after coating them with more BBQ sauce to finish them of.

JIMC5499,
I use my microwaves everyday, and I don't know how I could live without them.
I know I'm gonna give this a try sometime because I've been looking for more ways to cook meats in the microwave without them coming out tough and grey. Thanx.....

[edit on 27/4/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

I use my microwaves everyday, and I don't know how I could live without them.
I know I'm gonna give this a try sometime because I've been looking for more ways to cook meats in the microwave without them coming out tough and grey. Thanx.....

I got this microsteamer last year when I had a tupperware party, and man, it works awesome!
This is the one I have:
order.tupperware.com:8080...

This is a more close up image:
www.ssb4.net...

But it rocks.. it cooks ground beef, chicken, shrimp great. It's never tough. You fill the bottom portion with a bit of water, and microwave for the required time, and the bottom section also collects the droppings, fat, etc. It works really well. It's also great for vegetables, too. I love it!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I'm calling my local Tupperware Lady because this looks like the answer to a lot of stuff I'd like to do.

Also parrhesia, when you said lemon, were you talking about squeezing lemon juice into the pot, or grating some lemon skin (zest) into the pot ???

I have some nice fresh lemons in the kitchen, but also have "Real Lemon" juice, dried lemon peel, and lemon extract. I assume your talking about fresh squeezed juice, right ?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
You won't regret it, AD. It's a really great product, but then most tupperware stuff is.

As for the lemon, yes, I meant fresh squeezed.
I love the taste of lemon in food, I use a lot of it. It gives it a fresh zing and I love it.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I just sectioned the ribs and put them into a big pot like perrhesia said.
Dinner might be a bit late tonight, but it should be worth the wait.

I think I'll crack a beer now, and I'll let you know how they turn out.
Hell, I might pour the first beer in with the ribs for flavour..................

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I cooked them per parrhesia's intructions on the top of the stove, and then laid them out on a baking sheet.
I chopped an onion up and mixed it with BBQ sauce to cover them, and tossed them in the oven for a half hour.

I broiled them for the last 10 minutes, and here's the result.
You can see the sauce I used, and I did add a couple cans of beer....

THEY FALL OFF THE BONE,
AND TASTE SO GOOD......................

Thanx everyone, I just had a great meal.
And lots of leftovers to put in the freezer for the future because I made three pans.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
ThanX AnX ... you Just had to post the pics ...

While I am having steamed shrimp and fried chicken, yumm, tonight .... You just had to post those pics. Again ...

Rassin' Frassin' Consarn!

The ribs look fantastic ... can I, perhaps, lick the bones ?!

You've made me very hungry, and I've yet to even start my dinner ....

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Glad we could help!

Now, they look damn good in those pictures. I think I'm going to have to make some ribs this weekend! AD, did you add the lemon? What did you think? Did you notice it?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
AD, did you add the lemon? What did you think? Did you notice it?

I juiced two large lemons into the pot when I started simmering the ribs, seeds, pulp and juice. It all went in except the rind..........
I could smell it at the beginning, but the BBQ sause overpowered it when it got to a gentle simmer. The end result is fantastic...

I recommend this recipe for everyone to try.
What comes out of the oven is just heaven on a bone.

new topics

top topics

join